Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kim Gordon Sounds Off (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=90788)

keep poppin pimples 04.28.2013 08:41 AM

sway should just stop whining about this discussion. like soft rock legend kenny loggins once stated, if it's nobody's biz it's everybody's game

Rob Instigator 04.29.2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secretmonalisa
Don't accuse Abby of anything. She's innocent and a recent friend.

Look at all the photos Eva Prinz has been posting of herself on Chelsea Light Moving's Facebook page. She's quite an assertive individual. The replies from her friends imply they're a couple, though not exclusive.

Just sleuthin'

Derek 04.30.2013 06:50 AM

just dropping by to say that sway is the fucking worst as usual.

chrome noise tape 04.30.2013 01:57 PM

"...He was really like a lost soul"

that's what i thought of him in rather ripped and eternal albuns, well more like empty soul...nothing it's forever, even love.

Kegmama 04.30.2013 03:38 PM

http://www.thefrisky.com/2013-04-24/...ores-marriage/

dead_battery 04.30.2013 03:59 PM

thats article number 3 making the point - "its the mans fault for cheating with the woman and NEVER the womans fault for anything and dont you dare slut shame us and one day we will be rid of the oppression that makes us feel like sluts even though its actually us feeling that but being in denial about it and projecting it onto some evil semantic oppressor."

Toilet & Bowels 04.30.2013 04:16 PM

it's not the woman's fault if she fucks a married man, it's the guys fault for seducing her!

Kegmama 04.30.2013 04:19 PM

haha dead battery...nice mini-rant...

When a person cheats, they're making a conscious choice to do it. The idea of being 'pushed' into the arms of another is an expression, not a reality. People don't cheat because of who the other is; they cheat because of who they're not. The 'fault' is that the signs of disconnection have been ignored by all parties.

TheMadcapLaughs 04.30.2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
haha dead battery...nice mini-rant...

When a person cheats, they're making a conscious choice to do it. The idea of being 'pushed' into the arms of another is an expression, not a reality. People don't cheat because of who the other is; they cheat because of who they're not. The 'fault' is that the signs of disconnection have been ignored by all parties.

i guess thurston ignored his disconnection notice. sorry i couldn't resist!

chocolate_ladyland 05.01.2013 01:11 AM

TM is having the weirdest midlife crisis ever...

secretmonalisa 05.01.2013 02:00 AM

Monogamy is difficult. Look at the divorce rate. Temptation is at every backstage door for a rock star. Give T. a break. He was feeling bored and adventurous long ago, judging from his lyrics. Who was the "secret Mona Lisa" in that song many years ago? It wasn't Eva, who arrived much later. On Murray Street he had secret fantasies about someone irresistable. Revealed in his songs! He kept it in songs back then. Mona Lisa was too hard to get? He was waiting for a way to exit the marriage so that he could pursue whoever she was, and Eva was the one who got blamed. I blame the secret Mona Lisa.

dead_battery 05.01.2013 06:14 AM

Must have been so hard for T-dog, having to write all those songs to woo some other woman and get his wife to play guitar on them. Really, he's the victim in all this.

Rob Instigator 05.01.2013 08:22 AM

There is no way to know what goes on between couples, how people change in their relationship, how their inner lives go. People always see the outward appearance and assume it is emblematic of their inner experience, but that is almost never the case.

Toilet & Bowels 05.01.2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
There is no way to know what goes on between couples, how people change in their relationship, how their inner lives go. People always see the outward appearance and assume it is emblematic of their inner experience, but that is almost never the case.

And you don't leave one job before you've got another lined up either, right?

h8kurdt 05.01.2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
And you don't leave one job before you've got another lined up either, right?

Lad.

halgreen 05.01.2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Monogamy is difficult. Look at the divorce rate. Temptation is at every backstage door for a rock star. Give T. a break. He was feeling bored and adventurous long ago, judging from his lyrics. Who was the "secret Mona Lisa" in that song many years ago? It wasn't Eva, who arrived much later. On Murray Street he had secret fantasies about someone irresistable. Revealed in his songs! He kept it in songs back then. Mona Lisa was too hard to get? He was waiting for a way to exit the marriage so that he could pursue whoever she was, and Eva was the one who got blamed. I blame the secret Mona Lisa.

Goodbye 20th Century mentions that Coco's difficulties at school inspired "Disconnection Notice"
Maybe it's all a smokescreen though.

Chris Lawrence 05.01.2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

So..you blame yourself?

raiinking 05.01.2013 10:52 PM

for some reason- i just feel for thurston like i feel for a dumb friend that you love but you just wanna shake and be like "ahhhh sometimes you can be so fucking stupid. you made such a big dumb decision. i'm so mad at you ahhhh"

Gerrystumbaugh 05.01.2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiinking
for some reason- i just feel for thurston like i feel for a dumb friend that you love but you just wanna shake and be like "ahhhh sometimes you can be so fucking stupid. you made such a big dumb decision. i'm so mad at you ahhhh"

same i guess.
even if MOST peeps don't cheat, I think every one of us has a friend who has made a bad decision or 2 sometime in their life.

Gerrystumbaugh 05.01.2013 11:37 PM

oh yeah...and also

Team Bob Bert.