Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   t-dog scandalizes masses with truthful statement (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=109533)

dead_battery 08.22.2014 04:46 AM

t-dog scandalizes masses with truthful statement

Thurston Moore
1 hr · Edited ·
the full quote for the upset kittens who can't get past the pull quote:
Black Metal is music made by pussies of the lowest order, and we felt it was necessary to investigate this aberrant anti-music behaviour. We feel like the sound and attitude of black metal is a loss of self, life, light and desire in a way where it becomes so negative that a whole new bliss arrives where we become super pussy.
LikeLike · · Share
Top Comments
113 people like this.

Rob Instigator 08.22.2014 01:57 PM

He only says this because his girlfriend doesn't like corpsepaint.

evollove 08.22.2014 01:58 PM

Copied and searched "Black Metal is music made by pussies of the lowest order"

Holy shit. A lot of people care.

chocolate_ladyland 08.22.2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Copied and searched "Black Metal is music made by pussies of the lowest order"

Holy shit. A lot of people care.

Hahahahahah I just did this. Metalheads are hilarious

Screaming Skull 08.23.2014 06:29 AM

You gotta admit, T-dawg's schtick is wearing a little thin lately. Expect a YouTube video of him taking the ALS ice-bucket challenge in 3...2...1...

Genteel Death 08.24.2014 09:28 AM

It sounds like a tongue in cheek comment.

I think I've lost respect for this guy when I read on another forum that he gave a lift to a guy who was on his was to a gig by a musician I happen to respect a lot and apparently he commented that he was ''too crazy''. Said musician mentioned that surely Thurston Moore must have met/interacted with some musicians who were quite out there over the years. Ever since, my impression of him has been that he's more of a square than I had previously imagined, which is a shame, considering some of the beautiful songs he's written.

Toilet & Bowels 08.25.2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
It sounds like a tongue in cheek comment.

I think I've lost respect for this guy when I read on another forum that he gave a lift to a guy who was on his was to a gig by a musician I happen to respect a lot and apparently he commented that he was ''too crazy''. Said musician mentioned that surely Thurston Moore must have met/interacted with some musicians who were quite out there over the years. Ever since, my impression of him has been that he's more of a square than I had previously imagined, which is a shame, considering some of the beautiful songs he's written.

Who was too crazy?

Toilet & Bowels 08.25.2014 05:19 PM

Anywayz, I guess Thurston had a bad experience recording with Twilight. Which tbh doesn't come as that much of a surprise, it's clear from interviews with BM musicians that those guys have serious problems dealing with the world and cover it up with a lot of dorky but hateful bluster.

I'd be interested to hear him expand upon his statement, but it's not going to change how much I like some of that music.

Rob Instigator 08.26.2014 04:07 PM

He seems to be enjoying the Black Metal Music Festival here.... They served good wine....

whorefrost 08.26.2014 04:10 PM

Damn.

Peterpuff 08.26.2014 06:29 PM

I think taking this quote too literally at face value could be a big mistake...

whorefrost 08.26.2014 06:35 PM

I want some of that wine

Rob Instigator 08.27.2014 08:13 AM

thurston says everything tongue-in-cheek. The same sad sacks that make black metal make noise rock too

TheMadcapLaughs 08.27.2014 02:07 PM

this is the guy who said:

"People of the universe... tonight, tonight will be night that the skies will open and spray forth the divine hand with pointed finger and say, "Everybody, you're not just a duck! -- you are human! YOU ARE HUMAN!" Go forth! Go forth and thrash!"

How can anyone take him this seriously?

Toilet & Bowels 10.16.2014 04:39 PM

More on this burning issue here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive..._moore_29.html

tesla69 10.17.2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
. Ever since, my impression of him has been that he's more of a square than I had previously imagined, which is a shame, considering some of the beautiful songs he's written.

You don't remain as productive as he has all these years and not be a high functioning individual -

Genteel Death 10.17.2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
You don't remain as productive as he has all these years and not be a high functioning individual -

How am I not a ''functioning'' individual? I'm alive, I do stuff. Get off the drugs.