Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Where will you be in 5 years...? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35650)

artsygrrl 11.05.2009 05:33 PM

Where will you be in 5 years...?

:confused: Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now .....in terms of life, career, or relationship goals? Or whatever aspirations in life you think are important.

Kannibal 11.05.2009 05:33 PM

bald.

Trasher02 11.05.2009 05:35 PM

I wouldn't want to know. Right now, I'd say no place guud.

artsygrrl 11.05.2009 05:37 PM

I know, some things are gonna obviously occur whether you want them to or not, but I sorta meant about yr life in general...

Rob Instigator 11.05.2009 05:39 PM

I'll be rockin' out.

Married

hopefully working as a full-time x-ray technician.

and forever out of the hellhole that is the legal field.

artsygrrl 11.05.2009 05:53 PM

Rob, is that a shithorn growing out of her forehead or is she just glad to see you? hee

knox 11.05.2009 05:54 PM

i hate that question.
i dont want to know.
spoil surprises.
makes no sense what yousee, things will happena nd change it.

Keeping It Simple 11.05.2009 05:59 PM

Married to knox with seven kids.

Savage Clone 11.05.2009 06:03 PM

Sold house, pile of cash in my pocket, travel.

Derek 11.05.2009 06:05 PM

University or college.

artsygrrl 11.05.2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
i hate that question.
i dont want to know.
spoil surprises.
makes no sense what yousee, things will happena nd change it.

Maybe, maybe not. Most people with half a brain eventually get around to thinking about their own destiny. Some things are within your realm, some things are predestined. Those who live in the here-and-now will have to grow up at some point.

jon boy 11.05.2009 06:13 PM

in a house made out of gold and platinum.

knox 11.05.2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl
Maybe, maybe not. Most people with half a brain eventually get around to thinking about their own destiny. Some things are within your realm, some things are predestined. Those who live in the here-and-now will have to grow up at some point.

my half a brain does not want to spoil the surprise.

whatever i wanted to be doing now that i had planned has changed.

all the changes were for the best.

when i was younger i used to think that making long term plans would help and prevent things. i was wrong.

so the more i grow up, the more i want to keep an open mind about everything.

and that way i guess less anxiety, frustration and more happiness.

so before you use your patronizing tone, you might wanna consider that people are different.

for me, the planning approach doesn't work. I am much too spontaneous and dynamic. The best things that have ever happened to me were by surprise and I think that is because I am not afraid of change and I can spot opportunities.

I feel too confined and unhappy within the boundaries of plans, instead I dream of unexpected changes. which happen to me all the time.

the less fear i have, the less plans i have the more good things happen to me. i like it like that.

the more i grow up the more i learn to live with uncertainties.

wellcharge 11.05.2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

life

hoping to be alive, but hard to be sure

Quote:

career

no prospects

Quote:

relationship goals

no prospects

i just hope i can afford to get hair sowed into my head, my hair is falling out at an alarming rate

Satan 11.05.2009 06:25 PM

rich.
drunk.

knox 11.05.2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
im not trying to sound mean, but i cant see how anyone could think this to be true (for everyone). thres PLENTY of people that do the "here-and-now" thing and have been doing it for years. not everyone feels a need for a house/kid/college degree/etc. i never have. i could be where im at now at 60 and be more or less content with it. of course, im a "here and now" person thats always had a job/a place to live/etc (ie im "responsible", ie im "grown up")....im just always subject to move/change jobs whenever. i keep myself open to all things possible and thats what "here and now" means to me personally.

making plans and sticking to em can be a good idea, but i just dont have the sort of mind that works like that. i mean, i dont "need it" in the way some people do. i LIKE not knowing where ill be/etc.

yes this.

drunk and rich will be fucking good too.

Keeping It Simple 11.05.2009 06:28 PM

The human race might be extinct in five years.

knox 11.05.2009 06:30 PM

yes who cares!

and also if any human being is going to grow inside me itll be one.

Keeping It Simple 11.05.2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
yes who cares!

and also if any human being is going to grow inside me itll be one.

Do you like my sig? :)

!@#$%! 11.05.2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

:confused: Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now .....in terms of life, career, or relationship goals? Or whatever aspirations in life you think are important.

i wanted to write here and boast of my awesome goals but then i remembered that my jinx policy does not allow me to reveal my evil plans to the general public, for in the hands of others such dreams will be jinxed and consequently foiled.

how about some fake ones then:

coked out & aneurysm-damaged

or

derelict in the streets, smoking cigarette butts picked from the sidewalk

or

body discarded, personality uploaded to the interwebs