Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Obama=Censorship? So is that part of the Yes We Can spirit? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31302)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.14.2009 03:14 PM

Obama=Censorship? So is that part of the Yes We Can spirit?

President Obama: “The publication of these photos would not add any additional benefit to our understanding of what was carried out in the past by a small number of individuals. In fact, the most direct consequence of releasing them, I believe, would be to further inflame anti-American opinion and to put our troops in greater danger. Moreover, I fear the publication of these photos may only have a chilling effect on future investigations of detainee abuse.”

mother fucker.. isn't that up to us? That censorship is not to prevent further inflaming of anti-american opinion in the war zone, its to prevent it in the backyard, just like the Bush administration has done with this whole war. They don't was US to know, those fucking Iraqis and Afghans and all the other folks gaffled up by the CIA from Kazakhstan to Nigeria and put in secret CIA prisons, some EVEN IN ETHIOPIA!, tortured and hidden away, they already know.. their families and communities already know, and they are already inflamed.

Obama is AFRAID OF US PEOPLE! He is afraid that if we see these images, we might remember that he is continuing a WAR in three countries which affects millions and millions of people...

fuck you Obama, you are the same as all the rest, I said it in 2008, I say it now, I'll say it forever. Change doesn't come from the top down, its from the bottom up, fuck these fools, lets do this shit ourselves.

pbradley 05.14.2009 03:23 PM

VOTE RON PAUL 2099!

pbradley 05.14.2009 03:25 PM

I've recently aligned myself with the politically skeptical camp. All political ideologies are shit.

floatingslowly 05.14.2009 03:29 PM

^^^ welcome aboard.

Kylerobert 05.14.2009 03:31 PM

Now everyone else has to realize Obama is just like every other politician

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.14.2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
^^^ welcome aboard.

seriously. I've been repping this particularly philosophy since King David sang, "Put not your trust in men, nor your hope in princes."

girlgun 05.14.2009 03:32 PM

fuck obama.

Lamont Cranston 05.14.2009 03:43 PM

what was carried out in the past by a small number of individuals.
So we're back to the rotten apples argument.

Oh and pbradley, Ron Paul is a chump. A pusher of corporatist policies.

marleypumpkin 05.14.2009 03:49 PM

& what about HR1207 The Federal Reserve Transparency Act do you see as corporate? The whole idea behind Auditing the Fed is to see what a PRIVATE bank is doing with YR money.

SYRFox 05.14.2009 03:57 PM

vote for charles webster baer for president of earth

Kylerobert 05.14.2009 04:27 PM

Ron Paul is far from a chump..do your homework.

davenotdead 05.14.2009 04:29 PM

hey if i run for dictator of north america will you guys vote for me?

i'll do a good job and stuff.

Trasher02 05.14.2009 04:33 PM

Well, better get used to the fact that you're always going to have to choose between a giant douche and a turd-sandwich.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.14.2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
hey if i run for dictator of north america will you guys vote for me?

i'll do a good job and stuff.

we already did that, you have to wait until the next election, however you should know, third party candidates have not been very successful in American history.

marleypumpkin 05.14.2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
we already did that, you have to wait until the next election, however you should know, third party candidates have not been very successful in American history.

True, but that's largely due to influence of the false left / right paradigm. & there's the fact that if enough percentage of people get behind a third party candidate, it would make those who are elected to have to reckon w/ that percentage. They'll have to take you into account.

davenotdead 05.14.2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

well now that the first black president shit is over with.

i'll grow a steezin stache and people will be all over the "first hipster president!!"

they will be eating out of my hand, let me tell you.

i'm gonna give gays whatever the hell they want. southerners get as many guns as they can handle. hippies get all the fuel-emission-saving holocaust vehicles they can afford. blacks get all the handouts they'll need. hispanics get all the free-passes they can chew. and white republicans get all the tax breaks they want.

i win. hand me the keys Barak

GeneticKiss 05.14.2009 08:07 PM

So in other words you're going to be the best president ever by causing unthinkable chaos?

gmku 05.14.2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

President Obama: “The publication of these photos would not add any additional benefit to our understanding of what was carried out in the past by a small number of individuals. In fact, the most direct consequence of releasing them, I believe, would be to further inflame anti-American opinion and to put our troops in greater danger. Moreover, I fear the publication of these photos may only have a chilling effect on future investigations of detainee abuse.”

mother fucker.. isn't that up to us? That censorship is not to prevent further inflaming of anti-american opinion in the war zone, its to prevent it in the backyard, just like the Bush administration has done with this whole war. They don't was US to know, those fucking Iraqis and Afghans and all the other folks gaffled up by the CIA from Kazakhstan to Nigeria and put in secret CIA prisons, some EVEN IN ETHIOPIA!, tortured and hidden away, they already know.. their families and communities already know, and they are already inflamed.

Obama is AFRAID OF US PEOPLE! He is afraid that if we see these images, we might remember that he is continuing a WAR in three countries which affects millions and millions of people...

fuck you Obama, you are the same as all the rest, I said it in 2008, I say it now, I'll say it forever. Change doesn't come from the top down, its from the bottom up, fuck these fools, lets do this shit ourselves.

Impeach Obama NOW!

davenotdead 05.14.2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
So in other words you're going to be the best president ever by causing unthinkable chaos?

huh? no, that was all a lie. see what i did there. you already bought into it. i'm a damn shoe-in.

wellcharge 05.14.2009 09:26 PM

i'm still waiting for america to recognize the armenian genocide, like obama said he would. the censorship of history is one of the worst sorts. past american presidents didn't care about what other countries thought of them but now obama is scared that the turkish government will get mad at him?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6045165.ece

Barack Obama found his diplomatic skills tested to the limit today when he was forced to address the Turkish slaughter of Armenians during the dying days of the Ottoman Empire without using the word "genocide".
Historians estimate that up to 1.5 million Armenians were killed in a systematic campaign of extermination during the First World War, and during his campaign for the presidency Mr Obama declared that "America deserves a leader who speaks truthfully about the Armenian genocide".
Today, during a joint press conference in Ankara with his Turkish counterpart Abdullah Gul, President Obama said that his views had not changed but he took extreme care not to use the word "genocide" so as not to inflame his hosts, who have always denied the claims.
Instead, he expressed the hope that talks between Turkey and Armenia could "bear fruit very soon" and he wanted to support that process.

“Well, my views are on the record and I have not changed views,” Mr Obama said in response to a question about the genocide and his stance on it.
"I want to focus not on my views right now, but on the views of the Turkish and Armenian people. If they can move forward and deal with a difficult and tragic history, then I think the entire world should encourage that.”
Responding to the same question, Mr Gul appeared to back Mr Obama by declaring that it was "not a legal or political issue, but an historical issue" which was being addressed by a joint commission of historians.
Even though he took a swipe at members of the Armenian diaspora who use the issue to "cling to their identity", he also appeared to suggest that a breakthrough was near.
"Our view is that we should let the historians, the experts, sit down," Mr Gul said.
"We are ready to face the reality, the facts. I cannot be the politicians who decide what happened when, who lost the most lives and who is right and who is wrong."