Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Who's Home On Friday Evening? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=83882)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.14.2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Oh, is it still Friday for you people?

You been cruising the Outback??

EVOLghost 09.14.2013 06:05 AM

nah, he a time lord.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.14.2013 01:56 PM

EVOLghost 09.14.2013 09:57 PM

Saturday spent sleeping.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.14.2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Saturday spent sleeping.

I slept in today for the first time in three weeks. Every Saturday I've had a wedding or a meeting to go to for the past several weeks. It was great! I would have slept longer but I had some shit to do, and two family parties to go to, so I've had plenty of time to drink beers ..err relax today ;)

EVOLghost 09.14.2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I slept in today for the first time in three weeks. Every Saturday I've had a wedding or a meeting to go to for the past several weeks. It was great! I would have slept longer but I had some shit to do, and two family parties to go to, so I've had plenty of time to drink beers ..err relax today ;)

this has been happening too much to me lately. Last night I was invited to a friend's place but didn't go because I was tired and had work this morning. I told that same person we'd hang out today....but then I come home from work and passed out. It's now 10:22 pm. I could go out....or I can do laundry....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.14.2013 10:31 PM

Note: I did go out to a fantastic reggae show on Thursday night at the Santa Monica Pier to see Jimmy Cliff. It was epic good, like several thousand people there, the biggest Pier show I've been to, and I've seen several! I had the muscle it through work the next day on coffee and moxie. Really, all the shows and clubs I go to are usually on weeknights and I go to Church at dawn on Sundays so usually don't go out on Fridays or Saturdays..

EVOLghost 09.14.2013 10:58 PM

Yeah...Weekends are basically all I have. Sometimes I do go out fridays(end up staying awake for like 22 hours, sleep 3 then work 8), since....Saturday's I don't do shit at work...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.15.2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
now i'm back and lonely. runaway romantic. searching. i'm always indebt to those i feel the most. all love but slowly slipping into anger.

i have to tell you i do feel awestruck. pass another beer please.

is it saturday? fuck!! sa TURD ay.

You got to get centered. Romantic partners should be a balance, not a crutch.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.15.2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

^^i know. feel you. you read me like an open book pal.:)

maybe it goes a little bit more deeper for me. like social issues. or trying to prove something.

That is what it is for a lot of people. We perpetuate our inner junior high schooler who dates to prove something both to themselves and the observing world. Hence centered. If we date people out of principle rather than sincerity, we only objectify them and its why so many of our relationships don't work, because they never were meant to, they were forced and feigned. I often think this same way, and then push myself to get balanced. If my heart and mind don't flow in unity, I'm no good for anybody else anyway. I'm just using them to stoke my ego, or to try and quell the egos of other. Ego is empty, it decays on its own, it doesn't need to be quelled and especially never stoked.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.15.2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

love must be like dark matter because i feel everything in my heart being pushed away from me.

I know what you mean, every once in awhile I feel effervescent, like I am evaporating from the inside out into a non-material form. It used to concern me, but it never necessarily felt negative, so now I just roll with it. I mean honestly, it I was to disappear completely, how exactly could I try and stop it anyway?

dead_battery 10.18.2013 05:56 PM

Im not remotely cool or chill or coherent ever

EVOLghost 10.19.2013 01:35 AM

Friday evening didn't happen. I slept through it all. now it's 1 am and iI have to go to work in 6 hours. read a bit then nap a bit.

choc e-Claire 03.13.2019 05:58 PM

I'm almost always at home on a Friday evening.