Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   a question (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=23518)

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 04:02 PM

a question

do you ever feel like you should have been born in a different time period?

i feel as though i should've been born 20 or 25 years earlier.

davenotdead 07.16.2008 04:03 PM

yeah... i think i would have been kick-ass in the 13th century...

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 07.16.2008 04:04 PM

I was born in the first half of the 20th century.

schizophrenicroom 07.16.2008 04:05 PM

yeah, either the '00s so i could properly enjoy the '20s. alternatively.. i'd like to be a twenty something now so i could be a hipster that was able to ironically appreciate the '90s the first time around.

or dude, the 1500s. i'm pale and round. i'd be a goddess.

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
yeah... i think i would have been kick-ass in the 13th century...

you would've been the court jester

or the village idiot

;)

MellySingsDoom 07.16.2008 04:09 PM

I would've loved to have been able to experience 1977 as a spotty 15-year old spod - alas, I was a non-spotty 5 year old spod instead. Growing up in the late-70's/early 80's in Berlin would've been great fun too, I reckon.

davenotdead 07.16.2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
you would've been the court jester

or the village idiot

;)

but i likely would have owned an ass, that i could kick every day to take out my frustrations on. also, fair maidens publicly bathing ftw.

acousticrock87 07.16.2008 04:11 PM

Ten years earlier, maybe. Although, then I'd have to remember the 80's. But I like the time I was born.

Definitely not later, though...Sucks for the young'ns.

MellySingsDoom 07.16.2008 04:13 PM

Here's davenotdead negotiating with the local Baron to get access to the WenchWorld theme park, just up the road from Camelot:

ithinkimissyou 07.16.2008 04:13 PM

to experience great music, 20 years earlier would've been fine

on the otherhand, everything points to the 70's/80's in Ireland being a nightmare

so umm

plus i wouldnt actually like to be 20 years older

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 04:14 PM

mostly the reason why i would like to have been born 20-25 yrs earlier is so i could've experienced sonic youth and everything like that properly when it happened

or 30-35 years earlier and then i coulda been a groupie in the glam rock days with all those girls on the strip

davenotdead 07.16.2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Here's davenotdead negotiating with the local Baron to get access to the WenchWorld theme park, just up the road from Camelot:

i have people skills

MellySingsDoom 07.16.2008 04:17 PM

Being a groupie to D Bowie would've have been great (hell, I would've done it), but the thing is that most glam rock band members looked like your average mongy builder from up the road (you know, the one your Mum doesn't trust cos he keeps giving her "funny" looks). Now if you were in the right circles (Bowie/Reed/NY Dolls)....now you're talking.

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Being a groupie to D Bowie would've have been great (hell, I would've done it), but the thing is that most glam rock band members looked like your average mongy builder from up the road (you know, the one your Mum doesn't trust cos he keeps giving her "funny" looks). Now if you were in the right circles (Bowie/Reed/NY Dolls)....now you're talking.

those girls all fucked david bowie. lori maddox lost her virginity to him. that would be quite an experience, to say the least.

but david bowie was beautiful back then. shit, he's a hot old man, i'd do him now but i'm afraid iman would kick my ass.

Alex's Trip 07.16.2008 04:21 PM

I think I would have liked to have been born in 1989, not to experience anything in particular. I just want to be two years older.

MellySingsDoom 07.16.2008 04:23 PM

Cantankster - Bowie wouldn't kick your ass, but his wifey might.

Have you read "Please Kill Me", where Ron Asheton talks about "worrying" about shagging 14 year-old groupies in LA? What a hero. I don't care how many times Bowie's had his teeth done, I still would (Cantanky says "No, ME first!").

davenotdead 07.16.2008 04:23 PM

im pretty ok with my age... the important thing is that high school girls stay the same age.

pbradley 07.16.2008 04:25 PM

Every decade sucked for the most part.

demonrail666 07.16.2008 04:27 PM

I wouldn't have minded being born in a cross-fire hurricane. Whatever the fuck that is. Apparently it involves howling at your ma in the driving rain. It all sounds terribly exciting. Far more so than being born in a ward in Plaistow Maternity Hospital.

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Cantankster - Bowie wouldn't kick your ass, but his wifey might.

Have you read "Please Kill Me", where Ron Asheton talks about "worrying" about shagging 14 year-old groupies in LA? What a hero. I don't care how many times Bowie's had his teeth done, I still would (Cantanky says "No, ME first!").

yeah, like i said, i'm afraid that Iman would cut me up.

i liked bowie's fangs, shame he had them fixed

those girls, sable star and lori and them, shagged all the rock stars though, not just the glam boys. mick jagger and jimmy page and robert plant and all them.