Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Uneasy Listening (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25010)

sarramkrop 08.31.2008 11:13 AM

Uneasy Listening

new monthly event coming soon to a North London venue near you...

---UPDATE!! 1st ever Uneasy Listening event: 4th October!---

"As underground as a miner's welly" (Marcelo Madrid)

"As underground as a minor's willy" (Arthur Lager)

"..." (Gertie The Duck)

If you are a band or DJ and think you may secretly be one of us and are interested in helping out (in the name of music), feel free to get in touch... (but no actual touching or feeling us, please)

ON THE DECKS:

Gertie The Duck (clean / nice)

Marcelo Madrid (clean / not nice)

Arthur Lager (not clean / not nice)

Strictly "Avant- Retard"
Our DJs have been instructed thusly: "if people complain, dribble on them.."
Some of the things we may subject you to:

Caesar Romero, Ennio Morricone, The Residents, Les Baxter, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Negativland, This Heat, Arthur Lager, Philippe Sarde, Bernard Herrmann, Ilona Staller, Earth Creature, Claudine Longet, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Wiseblood, Bruno Nicolai, Pinky & Perky, Terry Riley, Ferrante & Teicher, Little Marcy, J.G. Thirlwell, The Shangri-las, Wesley Willis, Martin Rev, Mort Garson, Egisto Macchi, Jean-Claude Vannier, Faust, Yma Sumac, Ronald Stein, Raymond Scott, Gravediggaz, Rod Mckuen, BBC Radiophonic Workshop, Tom Recchion, Shooby Taylor, Nurse With Wound, Little Princess Orchestra, Men Diamler, Vinicio Capossela, Meredith Monk, The Three Suns, Bianchi & the Jungle Sextet, Wayne Newton, Diamanda Galas, Gregory Whitehead, Liberace, Bruce Haack, Serge Gainsbourg, Archie Shepp, Dr John, Alain Goraguer, Miles Davis, George "Bongo Joe" Coleman, Einstürzende Neubauten, Black Dice, Animal Collective, Video Aventures, IRR.APP.(EXT.), Gang Gang Dance, Liars, Ergo Phizmiz, People Like Us, Captain Beefheart, Devo, James Chance and the Contortions, Renaldo and the Loaf, The Monks, Can, Amon Duul, Amon Duul 2, Sand, Cluster, The Bithday Party, TG, Excepter, The Hafler Trio, Chrome ...

http://www.myspace.com/uneasylisteningclub

Dead-Air 08.31.2008 11:39 AM

Are you involved/playing/organizing, or just spreading the word? Only curious, since I can't exactly afford the commute.

sarramkrop 08.31.2008 11:41 AM

I'm facebook friends with two of the organisers, since I thought that they're doing something great. I want to get involved too, either as a DJ or playing live in there. Let's see how it goes.

Dead-Air 08.31.2008 11:42 AM

Hope it happens. Hope they get a webcam up too!

sarramkrop 08.31.2008 11:45 AM

The stuff they are going to play is wonderful. I mean, bring on the GARSON!!!

acousticrock87 08.31.2008 11:46 AM

Do you think it could move to L.A. for my convenience?

sarramkrop 08.31.2008 11:48 AM

I hope that they do well enough to afford the plane tickets. Best London club/gig night in years, as far a I know.

MellySingsDoom 09.01.2008 06:04 AM

Count me in for this, sarram. Sounds like a kick-ass night is on the cards.

Toilet & Bowels 09.01.2008 09:07 AM

do you reckon there' ll be any fit girls there?

MellySingsDoom 09.01.2008 09:09 AM

If sarram has anything to do with it, no :D ;)

sarramkrop 09.01.2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

Have you seen one of the girls who is organising this (she's on facespazz)? She's well fit and seems a bit bonkers, just like you like them.

This Is Not Here 09.01.2008 02:14 PM

Ha ha, this event seems actually pretty cool. Is there a myspace/website so I can find out where it is and other such information?

Glice 09.01.2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

It looks like the sort of thing that the Kosmiche club guys and dolls might have an oar in, in which case: probably, yes.

sarramkrop 09.02.2008 01:30 PM

Actually, some of the stuff I heard at some Kosmiche club nights was real normal crap, so I wouldn't bet on that comparison alone. Also, no, those people I don't think have anything to do with it.

sarramkrop 09.02.2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Ha ha, this event seems actually pretty cool. Is there a myspace/website so I can find out where it is and other such information?

I posted their myspace link.