Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Who is still here and why (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=86570)

the ikara cult 01.18.2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I... what? You're clearly very silly indeed. I don't really read this forum much any more, but if you cunted off anyway, that'd be grand.

Incidentally, I was recently told by someone who'd spoken to a teenager that 'awesome' is a bit of a lame word now. But still. Whatever the word that is the word that means awesome in youngpersonspeak applies to all of those things, except hipster and pretentious, which are always empty insults.

Incidentally (II), knox is fucking awesome [or whatever the word for awesome is these days... oh, you read the bit above. Sorry. Over-caveating]

I'm here checking PMs. This is also my first night of leisure since about November. I've been doing a lot. And I'd be out watching some bands but the snow has rendered me housebound.

http://mothersofthethirdreich.bandcamp.com/ everyone should listen to MottR. Many of you would like them.

And as I'm here, I should probably gloat that a mate of mine met Herr Moore the other day who described a band I'm in as 'legendary'. Gloat gloat gloat. Gloaty gloat gloat. Gloatingslowly. Glooooooooooat.

Nice to see you, and i second absolutely everything you said. Knox is lovely in writing and in person, she makes very good music, and she has a sense of humour unlike that depressing titwank. More Knox and more Glice, says I.

knox 01.18.2013 04:16 PM

'awesome' is not awesome anymore because i started using it

Glice 01.18.2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
'awesome' is not awesome anymore because i started using it

You can do that? Awesome.

floatingslowly 01.18.2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Please don't tell anybody, but I miss glice. :(

Which one of you bastards did it?

Satan's ticklish taint.

floatingslowly 01.18.2013 04:26 PM

Ps: DJ Zinc's FACT mix has an AWESOME version of Ms Dynamite's Boo.

I fantasize about telling you this in person. It always ends with blushing. :o

Glice 01.18.2013 04:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzEnST_vJiE

In case you don't know the ENTIRELY AND UTTERLY AWESOME tune gloatinggloatly's referring to.

floatingslowly 01.18.2013 04:34 PM

These days, it's all about Sweet Valley for me.

Do yourself a favor, and be the one person who listens to me.

Download BOTH God-tier albums.

Sweetvalley.bandcamp.com/

California Electroniquè

floatingslowly 01.18.2013 04:37 PM

Please check pms later. Too busy at the moment, but I'd like contact info for times like "when my wife discovered linetrap's instagram".

Nobody else would even chuckle.

Glice 01.18.2013 04:38 PM

I think you're the first person for about 4 years to have mentioned linetrap. That's probably old Internet now. sadface

_slavo_ 01.18.2013 05:18 PM

The reasons I still come here from time to time:
genteel death and his skill to say many things with one picture of dave gahan
nefeli because she's an angel
glice because he's cool and .. a bit awesome too.
floatingslowly because of the same reason.
nicfit (oh, not here anymore)
blunderbuss (same thing)
stu

but hey, with most of these people i'm in contact on facebook, so i can't really say why i wasted my last 10 minutes looking at this screen.

Genteel Death 01.18.2013 05:26 PM

Louder seems like a nice kid and I enjoy his lame hip hop thread and weak insults. A bit of a faggy dude, mind. What's with all that homoerotic talk with twink pin up Derek, anyway?

knox 01.18.2013 05:27 PM

glice and ikara cult = awesome <3

Genteel Death 01.18.2013 06:13 PM

I'd like to take this chance to ask in public who Fiona Apple is. Scientists recently proved that fingers have a tendency to panic when they are asked to google a musician they may perceive as being shit.

Toilet & Bowels 01.18.2013 06:39 PM

I started posting a bit again, I think Sonic Youth splitting up made this message board more tolerable.

Glice 01.18.2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I started posting a bit again, I think Sonic Youth splitting up made this message board more tolerable.

It's always amazing when you're not here. It'll go to shit now. You. With your face. That smells of bums and poo.

Also, I'm playing London 2nd Feb, go on the face book to get details and turn up, you massive prick.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.18.2013 08:58 PM

As for me, I'm here because fuck the bullshit, its all about Sonic Youth. I am also glad that we've had a partial resurrection

keep poppin pimples 01.18.2013 09:10 PM

young mexican graffiti writers are more awesome than all of you

keep poppin pimples 01.18.2013 09:11 PM

did somebody mention satan?

Genteel Death 01.18.2013 09:14 PM

Does anyone care about the internet anymore? *

*Please, no Jonboy-type replies. I am feeling delicate tonight.

floatingslowly 01.19.2013 01:10 AM

I only post when baby's in the bathroom.