Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I'm the worst movie-downloader ever. Help me. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=65496)

E. Noisefield 12.07.2011 06:35 PM

I'm the worst movie-downloader ever. Help me.

I suck at downloading movies.

People have tried setting me up with bit-torrent/torrent junkie/quicksilverscreen and many more, but I have only successfully downloaded one movie in my life.

Weird, since I dl at least five albums a day. Why are movies so hard? Or am I just totally retarded beyond hope?

I want to download some crappy movies that I don't want to waste money on buying or even renting, liek Captain America and Hot Rod. Where can I go to do this safely?

Help is appreciated.

Derek 12.07.2011 07:49 PM

Download uTorrent.

Type the movie into thepiratebay.

Wait to download in uTorrent.

Play file with VLC player.

Count Mecha 12.07.2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Download uTorrent.

Doesn't get much easier than that. Currently using this method to get all five seasons of Babylon 5.

_slavo_ 12.08.2011 01:33 AM

Get Bittorrent program.

Type in thepiratebay or isohunt.

Get the torrent file (small one).

Load the above torrent file into the Bittorent program.

Wait about half an hour

There, you have your movie.

stu666 12.08.2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
This sounds like me when it comes to music. I'm all good with the MP3's, but I can't find my way around converting FLAC or the others to save my life :(

do you have a pc or mac, if you've got a pc it's easy. just go on here http://tlh.easytree.org/ and click on this tralih270172.exe once you have trader's little helper open it then drag the flac files into it. select convert encoding format. choose mp3.

if you have a mac i'm not sure how you do it...

tesla69 12.09.2011 10:03 AM

This thread can also be seen as conspiracy to commit a felony.

nicfit 12.09.2011 10:19 AM

lots of open source freeware software and public domain movies and music on torrent. "Captain america and hot rod" has to be one of them, aight??

E. Noisefield 12.09.2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Download uTorrent.

Doesn't look like "uTorrent". Looks like "µTorrent". Which would be pronounced "MewTorrent".

:)

floatingslowly 12.09.2011 07:54 PM

keep the hands on the keyboard where we can see them, Commie.

we're on the way.

Count Mecha 12.09.2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Doesn't look like "uTorrent". Looks like "µTorrent". Which would be pronounced "MewTorrent".

Haha, I always end up calling it MicroTorrent. Though MuTorrent would be more apt. Always annoyed me when my friends call it UTorrent.

Derek 12.10.2011 12:00 PM

It's fucking uTorrent. It's called uTorrent on their website and uTorrent on download.com.

Also if you don't know how to download movies from the internet in 2011 then I worry about you because it's the easiest thing in the world to do now.

floatingslowly 12.10.2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

It's fucking uTorrent. It's called uTorrent on their website and uTorrent on download.com.

Also if you don't know how to download movies from the internet in 2011 then I worry about you because it's the easiest thing in the world to do now.

you sound very butch.

Derek 12.10.2011 06:33 PM

I just hate clueless people.

(Diss at E. Noisefield).

E. Noisefield 12.10.2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

... but that's not a "u". It's a µ. If EVERYBODY calls it "u" then EVERYBODY has never taken a statistics class. :)

Count Mecha 12.11.2011 12:11 AM

It's amazingly clearly the greek letter µ (Mu). People just type 'U' for convenience because they don't have the greek alphabet on their keyboards.

E. Noisefield 12.11.2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Mecha
It's amazingbely clearly the greek letter µ (Mu). People just type 'U' for convenience because they don't have the greek alphabet on their keyboards.

All it takes is a quick character search. But I get it. I'm not trying to be an asshole. It's just that I've seen a lot of µ 's in my, in both college, and even sometimes at work.

So I concede that uTorrent is an acceptable, albeit lazy and incorrect.