Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   So McCain's going back to the old Republican bait and switch (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25048)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 09.01.2008 01:57 PM

So McCain's going back to the old Republican bait and switch

So McCain picks Palin.

So Palin's daughter is 5 months pregnant, keeping the baby, and getting married. McCain definitely knows about this.

Look at what wonderful morals the Palin family has!

This is one of the most despicable things I've seen in a campaign. Using a 17 year old girl's pregnancy as a political tool.

How else can Republican's make morals overshadow the awful economy and the war?

Maybe another anti-gay crusade?

This is so ridiculous. I'm glad that girl's keeping her baby, I think the other choice is morally wrong (though I'm against legislating morality.) .

I feel bad for this kid though. He or she is getting born a political tool. If it is a boy, it is going to be made an issue over whether or not the kid is circumcised, and it will be an issue on whether or not he's breast fed.

At the same time the message this sends to young girls is wonderful. "It's OK to have unprotected sex that may lead to pregnancy, you'll marry the guy, keep the baby, and everything will be alright." It's such a fucking load of bull. Palin's kid having a baby is OK with the religious right because she "plans on getting married to the guy," exactly what "should happen." Maybe marrying him isn't the right choice to make for her and her baby. And sure, the baby's going to have a sweet life, but that's because her family is rich. Which also gets the mother out of any real responsibility.

I know the girl's decision to fuck wasn't a political decision, but man. . .

Maybe I'm making way too much out of this, but I'm sure McCain knew about this and it affected his decision.

At the same time it is a genius (albeit disgusting) political move.

This Is Not Here 09.01.2008 02:03 PM

I hope this girl sees sence, sees what is best for the rest of her life, sees she is being used as a political pawn, and aborts her foetus (I will not use the word baby) despite what the most powerful people in the world want her to do.

LifeDistortion 09.01.2008 02:05 PM

Why is this a good thing again? Sure the girl is keeping her baby, but it sure fucks up thier argument for abstinence only sex education.

✌➬ 09.01.2008 02:06 PM

It's immaculate conception.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 09.01.2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
I hope this girl sees sence, sees what is best for the rest of her life, sees she is being used as a political pawn, and aborts her foetus (I will not use the word baby) despite what the most powerful people in the world want her to do.

I disagree.

I hope she keeps the baby, but decides to go on TV and tell everyone that her mom is a stupid manipulative cunt and endorses Obama.

boy_howdy 09.01.2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

that would be badass if she did.

boy_howdy 09.01.2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Why is this a good thing again? Sure the girl is keeping her baby, but it sure fucks up thier argument for abstinence only sex education.

no, you see, cause if you have sex you WILL get pregnant and WILL get a VD and it WILL ruin your life which is why you should wait till you are MARRIED ecause when you are mARRIED you magically know how to raise children he right way.

acousticrock87 09.01.2008 02:18 PM

McWho?

This Is Not Here 09.01.2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I disagree.

I hope she keeps the baby, but decides to go on TV and tell everyone that her mom is a stupid manipulative cunt and endorses Obama.

The best way to do that is by saving her own life despite what shes clearly been pressured into doing, she deserves to have an education, a career and and live out her youth with freedom, if she keeps the baby she looses all of these things and the politicians win.

luisxvi 09.01.2008 02:23 PM

Lets face it, most politicians would use virtually any subject to score points. Not all of them but a large amount.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 09.01.2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

The best way to do that is by saving her own life despite what shes clearly been pressured into doing, she deserves to have an education, a career and and live out her youth with freedom, if she keeps the baby she looses all of these things and the politicians win.

Well than she should have had her boyfriend wear a condom or she shouldn't have had sex in the first place.

Having an education, a career, and freedom are all privileges of choosing not to get pregnant in the first place.

She's rich, she can probably have a nanny and get to have all those things anyways. Either way, Rich teenagers don't have to pay for their mistakes, which disgusts me greatly.

I believe abortion is wrong, and I can't be convinced otherwise. I don't believe in a full ban, because I think people would then try to do it outside the safety of a hospital and it would be more destructive. And people shouldn't have their morality dictated to them.

This Is Not Here 09.01.2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Well than she should have had her boyfriend wear a condom or she shouldn't have had sex in the first place.

Having an education, a career, and freedom are all privileges of choosing not to get pregnant in the first place.

If you've ever drunk a drop of alcohol or any intoxicant, you'll understand that these mistakes are rarely 'choices', far from it my friend. And we don't know he wasn't wearing a condom, it could have been a split condom or any other misfortune.
Quote:

She's rich, she can probably have a nanny and get to have all those things anyways. Either way, Rich teenagers don't have to pay for their mistakes, which disgusts me greatly.

Thats total rubbish, no matter how god damn rich you are, a child at that age will never fail to ruin your life. Growing up is difficult, money may help, but only on the surface issues, deep down a burden like this will still fuck you over, not to mention when its in the headlines of every newspaper.

Quote:

I believe abortion is wrong, and I can't be convinced otherwise. I don't believe in a full ban, because I think people would then try to do it outside the safety of a hospital and it would be more destructive. And people shouldn't have their morality dictated to them.

Here we can agree, partly. I passionately support women's RIGHT to abort the lifeless collection of cells in their body, the woman on the outside is of far more value. But I can agree that if it was totally banned it would be like prohibition, it would go underground, and be far more dangerous for the mother. And I also fully support your assertion that morality cannot be dictated.

cars_willkillyou 09.01.2008 02:56 PM

ooooh, an abortion thread! this might be fun to watch.

Republicans ALWAYS use morality as their selling point. Once christianity becomes less dominating in America (if that ever happens), republicans will stop winning. That's all that they have. We believe in god, and we make world changing decisions based on faith. Democrats don't believe in god because they want to fund science and think logically and such. If you vote for the democrat, you are going to kill god. We will become like china and only be allowed one baby. we will become communists, and everyone will live off of one chicken a month like in cuba.

and the list goes on.

The republicans dont win elections by convincing people they are right, they win by convincing people that their opponent is wrong, or not credible. When republicans lose elections, it's because the figurehead wasnt convincing enough.

And let it be known that I am not a democrat. I am as conservative as they come. I just hate the republican party.

acousticrock87 09.01.2008 03:16 PM

I really don't understand why Christianity and abortion are so buddy-buddy. It really has nothing to do with Christian morals.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 09.01.2008 03:22 PM

I think legally we agree with each other but we differ in the choices we would advise and our view of the moral aspect. Before I get into a big argument we'll have to agree to disagree.

cars_willkillyou 09.01.2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I really don't understand why Christianity and abortion are so buddy-buddy. It really has nothing to do with Christian morals.

the whole "thou shalt not kill" thing.

Catholics don't even believe in any form of birth control. Conception is a miracle, therefore it is god's will. Sex is the way we reproduce, and should be used only for reproduction.

whatever. from what i hear child birth doesnt feel very good. But sex does. Why would god make sex so good if the only reason we were supposed to engage in such an act would be for the sole purpose of an excruciatingly painful experience.

And the pain doesnt end either because afterwards you still have this "thing" thats gonna be around for the rest of your life. Kids suck.

Cantankerous 09.01.2008 04:00 PM

conception is not a fucking miracle, it's science and probability. do i need to explain what goes down during conception or are we all clear on this?

cars_willkillyou 09.01.2008 04:00 PM

better question though, why do republicans and christians run together?

Cantankerous 09.01.2008 04:01 PM

they're both stupid cunts and birds of a feather flock together.

MellySingsDoom 09.01.2008 04:02 PM

If conception is such a miracle, why are there so many fucking miracle rejects clogging up Mellyville these days?

Bring back Indian style vasectomies for the blokes, say I.