Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

demonrail666 03.10.2015 06:09 AM

Funny article about the bundesliga

demonrail666 03.10.2015 03:33 PM

If Real end up going through in this tie, it'll be purely cos of Ronaldo.

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
If Real end up going through in this tie, it'll be purely cos of Ronaldo.

holy shit! totally missing it. i don't know how the fuck to cheer for schalke. heil schalke? lol. sorry. but great! COME ON SCHALKE WIN THIS ONE.

and hurray bundesliga. yes i read the article-- was funny. there've always been ultras though. e.g. adlerfront (from frankfurt) have a website.

anyway i won't interrupt your viewing. sounds awesome.

demonrail666 03.10.2015 03:45 PM

No probs, half time. Real have been awful besides Ronaldo. Schalke have been bombarding them.

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 03:46 PM

cultural anthopologists welcome:

http://www.adler-front.com

primatologists welcome too

===

great that huntelaar is playing cuz he's suspended in the bundesliga as you read

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 04:28 PM

Yes Huntelaaaaaaarrrr!!!!!!!

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 04:38 PM

well shit almost almost almost

and jico asked me the other day how can i get excited about the bundesliga bhuahahahaha

i'm going to have to watch this recording ASAP

demonrail666 03.10.2015 05:20 PM

It's a shame you now know the score but yeah, watch it if you can. Real certainly have nothing to be proud of in going through. Ronaldo and Casillas were all that stood between them and total humiliation. very impressed with Schalke's Max Meyer. Only 19 and had the Real defence in his pocket. But make no mistake, Schalke were good but Real were appalling and still managed to score 3 against them. Although in fairness to Schalke, the position they were in they were really just focusing on attack for 90 mins.

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 05:42 PM

oh no shame at all-- i was watching the live updates on the guardian website. it's like the old days of listening to games on the radio (i have this uncle who would really get into that). so i suffered or rejoiced every time something popped up. i even threw my fists up when huntelaar scored his last goal. hilarious.

demonrail666 03.10.2015 05:53 PM

I don't have a telly anymore so when I can't watch online, or at the pub, I rely on radio commentaries. So long as you don't mind not having a clue what's actually going on, it's great.

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 06:11 PM

no tv anymore?? you watch the prem online then?

demonrail666 03.10.2015 06:15 PM

Yeah, or at the pub. I don't live in London anymore so going to the actual games wouldn't be an option now even if I could afford to.

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 06:18 PM

and for movies? i mean i get not paying for cable, but movies need a big screen (i haven't gone to a movie theatre in years now-- i don't miss the fucks taking phone calls 2 rows behind me).

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 06:19 PM

ps- didn't you live in some kind of green-everywhere village or something? i seem to recall... or did you move recently?

demonrail666 03.10.2015 06:23 PM

DVDs now, on my Macbook. It's pathetic, I know. But when I look out of my window I see swans swimming idly by, so I'm more than happy.

I used to live in a kind of urban village in London but moved out of London altogether last month. Now I'm in the proper countryside in a tiny place on the river. Sort of similar to Henry Fonda and Katherine Hepburn's set up in On Golden Pond. Genuinely idyllic, so long as you can handle the remoteness.

My neighbour

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 06:36 PM

holy fuck! that looks great.

i live in a place more remote than you (this is not a cock contest-- just explaining that i understand-- i have no rivers, only dust). i even eat the muttons i kill! (no joke there). so, remote as fuck.

it's a pretty swan, i'm sure would make a great roast, but you need to get yourself a big plasma (or whatever comes after) and a blu-ray player. that way you can also connect your macbook via hdmi to watch games.

BIG SCREEN, MAN!! the content is up to you.

demonrail666 03.10.2015 06:58 PM

Yeah, I'll get a proper screen once I'm properly settled but right now I'm just trying to find space for books. But I have to say, since moving here, I'm really happiest just having a cup of tea and looking at the view from my window. I'm pretty much a hobbit now. I envy you for all that space you have. As remote as I am, I'd love to get even remoter, but for England this is about as remote as it gets.

!@#$%! 03.10.2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah, I'll get a proper screen once I'm properly settled but right now I'm just trying to find space for books. But I have to say, since moving here, I'm really happiest just having a cup of tea and looking at the view from my window. I'm pretty much a hobbit now. I envy you for all that space you have. As remote as I am, I'd love to get even remoter, but for England this is about as remote as it gets.

do you mean to say you're in wales?

that's fucking awesome

burn the books!

ha ha ha

no...

i regularly go over my stored books and i realize lots of them are shit and i'll never read or consult them. so i trade them to the used-book man. i usually get art books which are expensive and not ipad-ready. 20 shitty paperbacks = 1 color-plate volume deluxe

demonrail666 03.11.2015 03:14 AM

No I'm in Kent

Almost all of my shelf space is taken up with books, mostly art related. I teach art history so it's kind of a professional necessity. Besides a few novels, DVDs and CDs, that's about it.

And, while I'll always support West Ham, if only in spirit, I do like the idea of following a local team, so I'm now a default Maidstone Utd fan. £10 to get in (as opposed to about £50 at WH) and they're currently top of the Ryman League so look odds on for promotion to the lofty heights of the Conference South, then it's just another five league promotions before the Prem and European dominance. Haha.

Gotta be wary of the local ultras, though.

Will probably go to the Classico against Lewes on saturday.

demonrail666 03.11.2015 05:52 PM