Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY play at Nightmare Before Xmas ATP UK Dec 4th-6th (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30273)

greenlight 07.30.2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyohan
I still think the MBV line up is WAY better than the 10 year one.
SY and MBV on the same bill would seal the deal for me alone, but the Arkestra, APTBS, Serena Maneesh, Spectrum, Bob Mould plus some of the good stuff from the other weekend (Dirty 3 and Mascis) makes it clear cut IMO.
Both weekends look great, but the 10 yr one is full of acts I've seen at ATP before and is all a bit obvious so far.
Having said that, if I could afford it and talk someone into babysitting for 2 full weekends in a row, I'd be extremely tempted to go to both.

you know what? maybe becase I've seen MBV (actually twice) and SY at same festival in space of 2 days, I'm grand now, hahaha. yeah, still looking forward. it just that I've never seen Bardo Pond and the rest of the lineup live. I know this one will be good too. music, swimming and the rest. whole atmosphere. music wise it wont be as good as Thurston one, but hey!

greenlight 07.30.2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
i don't know by now ... but all i know is one "Spisska you-know-what" won't be even close to enough for the lot of us.
i'll see what i can do.

that would be only for us before the first act, hahaha....joking. s tou spisskou si starosti nerob....sa dame nejaky english tekuty matros.

blunderbuss 07.30.2009 12:58 PM

I'm gonna bring a cheeseboard and some crackers.

greenlight 07.30.2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
If it weren't for sy at NBC i would prefer to go to the 10 year fest, i'm gutted i will miss Bardo Pond, Malkmus, Mudhoney, Deerhoof + others, but i'm still looking forward to the Nightmare, see you there peeps.

same here. so we should meet this time.

_slavo_ 07.30.2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
that would be only for us before the first act, hahaha....joking. s tou spisskou si starosti nerob....sa dame nejaky english tekuty matros.

right on, i'm looking forward, it's gonna be a fun weekend.

/english mode OFF

to som zvedavy na english tekuty matros ... co to bude, cider? :) to snad nie, haha

/english mode ON again

stu666 08.16.2009 02:27 PM

Lightning bolt!

greenlight 08.16.2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Lightning bolt!

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS! finally something "really bad ass"! don't tell me they playing on Sunday. please not on Sunday!

This Is Not Here 08.16.2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Lightning bolt!

Nice.

_slavo_ 08.18.2009 09:03 AM

very cool indeed!

stu666 10.08.2009 04:36 AM

+ Th' Faith Healers :)

The Earl Of Slander 11.15.2009 06:02 AM

I only just noticed that Mercury Rev are playing here under a different name. This makes me very happy. Also, No Age should be fun...

stu666 11.15.2009 06:12 AM

so is this the final line up or will there be anymore added?

my bloody valentine
Sonic Youth
De La Soul
E.P.M.D.
Sun Ra Arkestra
The Horrors
Buzzcocks
Spectrum
Fucked Up
Le Volume Courbe
The Wounded Knees
The Pastels
J Mascis And The Fog
Lilys
A Place To Bury Strangers
Witch
Bob Mould
Swervedriver
Dirty Three
Primal Scream
Yo La Tengo
Brightblack Morning Light
Serena Maneesh
The Membranes
Ariel Pink
Josh T. Pearson
Lightning Bolt
That Petrol Emotion
mum
Harmony Rockets
Th' Faith Healers
School of Seven Bells
Robin Guthrie
No Age
The Robert Coyne Outfit
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart

EvdWee 11.15.2009 01:06 PM

latest ATP newsletter: The final additions to the my bloody valentine Nightmare festival are coming very soon

blunderbuss 11.15.2009 01:10 PM

I'm delighted to see how many bands are playing that I'm not even remotely interested in watching.

This Is Not Here 11.15.2009 02:53 PM

It's exciting. I've got the how-the-hell am I going to get to minehead blues though. Intuition tells me something about this festival is going to go horribly wrong... it's just a little too good to be true.

stu666 11.15.2009 03:06 PM

i'm supposed to be getting a lift with a friend but in the last week his car has broken down twice, i don't think my car would make it either.

EvdWee 11.15.2009 04:31 PM

we will depart on thursdaynight for a 12 hour trip.

gonna be fun.

_slavo_ 11.15.2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

i'm supposed to be getting a lift with a friend but in the last week his car has broken down twice, i don't think my car would make it either.

figure another way to get there then. I want to meet you and have a pint with you, man.

The Earl Of Slander 11.15.2009 05:19 PM

Travel wise, buying an advance train ticket to Taunton, then getting the bus seems to be the most doable. Ends up costing like £80 return from where I am (York). I'm getting a lift with the 3 other people who are coming and splitting the driving though...

stu666 11.15.2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
figure another way to get there then. I want to meet you and have a pint with you, man.

one way or another i will get there, i have paid for the tickets. it'll be good to meet you too man. i still haven't actually received my ticket, how long before the event do they normally turn up? have you got yr's yet?