Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   did you shut down television? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1047)

next step 04.18.2006 06:13 AM

did you shut down television?

well I'd like to know if you did that!

finding nobody 04.18.2006 06:14 AM

..wait, you mean telavision the band? or a viewing screen?

next step 04.18.2006 06:20 AM

hey, wait. I didnt finished to type the message :).....I mean TV channels of course!

Glice 04.18.2006 06:20 AM

I don't watch TV like the pious bastard I am.

*Edit - This is a rubbish post for my 500th. I would like to amend this by saying 'cock'.

jon boy 04.18.2006 06:25 AM

generally speaking i do not watch tv. its evil, it sucks your soul in and stops you from being able to complete a conversation.

its one of the reasons i hate british pubs. everywhere you look there is a tv stuck in your face, or a giant one hung on the wall. going out for a drink with your freinds is supposed to be a social occasion not one where you stand around and watch the idiot box.

Glice 04.18.2006 06:30 AM

Agreed. Apart from the fact that one of my favourite afternoon sessions in semi-recent memory was watching India vs Pakistan on the cricket with a load of drunk Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis in a pub. Which was excellent.

jon boy 04.18.2006 06:35 AM

agreed, the occasional time maybe ok but i really cant stand the oppresivenes of seeing a tv in every part of the pub. its not just the tv either, its the sort of people it attracts. one particular pub in leeds used to put on some adult channel on sunday nights and the place was full of rowdy drunken lads. its either that or sport.

Glice 04.18.2006 06:39 AM

Sport makes sense in pubs. Big screen, football, that sort of thing. It's a good indicator of pubs to avoid. Have you been in any Walkabout pubs? I fucking hate them. Screens everywhere, and nearly always crap sports like surfing. Good alehouses rarely have a TV. And preferably no jukey either.

next step 04.18.2006 06:47 AM

agree with you! anyway I dont consider watching tv in a pub, then I'm not a sport lover but I dont want consider 'watching tv' occasionally for football games or other sports.

jon boy 04.18.2006 06:49 AM

i have never been to a pub to watch anything on tv.

next step 04.18.2006 06:57 AM

ok okay jon boy I have understand what you typed above I just wanted specify that I dont consider 'watching tv' in a pub or even watch a shut down tv too :)

HaydenAsche 04.18.2006 07:04 AM

I haven't turned a tv on in months.

Glice 04.18.2006 07:07 AM

You should probably make that joke a little more obvious, I think that's a little to subtle for the fragile minds of this board.

Signpost 04.18.2006 07:47 AM

I watch it only when there's a snooker match.

Iain 04.18.2006 08:01 AM

I don't watch much tv at all but I have bouts of staring at the screen in a brainless stupour. I won't lie about it. It is rubbish though.

Phlegmscope 04.18.2006 08:07 AM

I just got rid of my tv sometime ago. I hadn't watched in months prior to that plus I don't want to live in fear of the tv-license inspector and the possible extra fees for not paying the tv license payment.

RdTv 04.18.2006 08:16 AM

i find myself watching tv only when I'm sick, I atribute this to some childhood memory of watching princess bride while I was sick, and seeing as the whole movie was centered around a sick kid at home, this has devleoped a undesirible subconscious thought pattern of illness and me watching the television.

Flen flyys 04.18.2006 12:49 PM

I love TV...that idiot box has a name (TV) and it's for everybody...baseball is back...House MD is on tonight...I'm happy

I don't really watch very much TV and when I do watch TV shows I prefer to watch the DVD sets of them. House and Baseball and any show with Anthony Bourdain (the chef/traveler/writer) are about the only broadcast TV that I do watch...I'm a fan of the medium though because in between all the mountains of garbage there is a sizeable section of awesome stuff.

Trasher02 04.18.2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signpost
I watch it only when there's a snooker match.

Wow, you must have a boring life.

hey alex 04.18.2006 01:10 PM

what else can you do at 3 am after a night of nothing and jacking? TV. Yippie!