Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New SY Tribute/Looking For Your Contributions! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=380)

Soundtrax 03.28.2006 04:45 AM

New SY Tribute/Looking For Your Contributions!

HI,

I was thinking about making a new (fan only) sonic youth tribute compilation, and i am looking for your contributions.. don't send them here, just send me a private message and i will let you know my e-mail to which to send your contributions to. If/when you have a song to contribute (mp3, 192kbps+), don't post it here, so that the others will not hear the stuff before its release ;) cuz if everyone knows every song from before, then the compilation will not be very much a surprise ;) would you be interested in contributing? :D you dont have to have a band, it can be electronic or whatever, just that its a SY cover :)

thanks

dont send the stuff to my msn address, cuz i dont check mails there, i am not even sure that e-mail even works... i just use it for messneger... but you can even add me to messenger and send me your contributions there, or just send me a private message and i will let you know my real e-mail. i am afraid to post it here cuz of spam. tnx

A Thousand Threads 03.28.2006 04:49 AM

cool idea

gonna record some stuff, soon
maybe weŽll do a sy cover

Soundtrax 03.28.2006 04:50 AM

sure, it has to be a sonic youth cover ;)

Spiritual Amnesia 03.28.2006 04:55 AM

great idea

whorefrost 03.28.2006 05:02 AM

my bands has an interesting cover of Contre Le Sexisme... I'm not sure about the fidelity of it tho...

connie kreski 03.28.2006 07:11 AM

i'm gonna try something... and let you know
(i've already done a contribution for the AXIS OF EVOL/THRILL YR IDOLS tribute)

Everyneurotic 03.28.2006 11:01 AM

people:

i'm going to record something but i'm also interested in collaborating with someone to do another song. if anyone's interested, pm me.

DoubleNickels 03.28.2006 03:02 PM

I'd love to do this.

Anyone needs a guitar/bass/electronic drum machine/synth player, I'd love to add some stuff.

Everyneurotic 03.28.2006 07:55 PM

bumpety for contributors and for people who want to collaborate online and contribute a song

CHOUT 03.28.2006 09:02 PM

Count Me The Fuck In. Now To Figure Out What Song To Do Is Gonna Drive Me Batty.

hey alex 03.28.2006 10:08 PM

when do these have to be done?

schizophrenicroom 03.28.2006 10:10 PM

you can put me down, but i wouldn't be able to do it until the weekend.

HaydenAsche 03.28.2006 10:17 PM

Can I do something that doesn't even sound like the original?

Hey Every-N! Get the fuck on MSN! We need to Stop! Collaborate and Listen!

Soundtrax 03.29.2006 02:33 AM

some answers

hi! to answer some questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by hey alex
when do these have to be done?

the sooner the better, but i prefer a good quality recording in the matter of 3 months than having a track with a bad quality this weekend... take your time, just don't take a year or so.. you will be informed on the status of the release, and according to that you will know that you are in a hurry :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Can I do something that doesn't even sound like the original?

Of course, i would even prefer to have your own interpretations that are different from the original, and don't try just to copy the same sounds than the original... be creative, dudes! ;) just don't send me U2's vertigo claiming that its a cover of Dirty Boots with altered lyrics :D and don't send me spice girls claiming that is a cover of teenage roit in some very artistic post-modernistic avantgardisic way :D

P.S.: If its possible try to keep master tracks (every instrument separately in a special track) just in case that production mastering will be neccessary, becouse i already expect people sending me tracks with very different volume levels and very different recording qualities. it would be really great if we can have all songs in as similar quality as possible, at least in terms of volume and equalizing.

thanks

hey alex 03.29.2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundtrax
hi! to answer some questions

the sooner the better, but i prefer a good quality recording in the matter of 3 months than having a track with a bad quality this weekend... take your time, just don't take a year or so.. you will be informed on the status of the release, and according to that you will know that you are in a hurry :)

thanks

cool, then i'll actually have time to work on some songs. Flange-pop halloween? Yes.

guitarpro 03.31.2006 08:27 PM

Great idea could I do Psychic Hearts though?

noumenal 03.31.2006 08:34 PM

I'm doing this. Should have something in 2 or 3 weeks.

Soundtrax 04.01.2006 03:41 AM

cool, noumenal, keep master tracks, every instrument on a separate track, if possible :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarpro
Great idea could I do Psychic Hearts though?

yes okay, do the Psychic Hearts ;) you too, keep the masters :)

Everyneurotic 04.01.2006 08:43 PM

bump

krastian 04.01.2006 09:36 PM

I'll play drums......ha!