Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Idiot speaking. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1711)

samrago 05.10.2006 01:04 PM

Idiot speaking.

Can someone explain to me what a sticky thread is, or, more importantly, how I can make them go away? I never bothered to find out until now.

Also, I'm way far behind everybody and don't know precisely what a "troll" is, except that many hate them. I for one have loved several trolls in my early years, EVEN the ones in the Billy Goats Gruff.

I expect plenty of help/insults. HaydenAsche, this means you.

Everybody start typing in Georgia font. it's so much nicer.

Inhuman 05.10.2006 01:07 PM

Just use the "new Posts" button, that's what most people do :)

Trasher02 05.10.2006 01:09 PM

How about talking in Comic sans? I think it makes me look like an idiot.

Glice 05.10.2006 01:10 PM

First of all, it's actually a horrible font, stop it.

Second of all, a troll is one of those people who don't really contribute anything to the board, and just seek to piss people off - you know, starting a million threads entitled "WWWWAAAAARGH! METALLICA ROCK!!!!!" on a folk forum, that kind of thing.

Stickys are just threads that are stuck to the top of the forum, you can't move them, they're there because its easier, or something. Just ignore them with the 'ignore' function, located in your brain underneath 'what to do about annoying things'. You may have a different edition brain to mine, I've got the latest version. It's a lot faster, looks better, and can process things faster than the rest of you schlubs can.

Hip Priest 05.10.2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samrago
Can someone explain to me what a sticky thread is, or, more importantly, how I can make them go away? I never bothered to find out until now.

It's a thread that's always there, at the top of the page, staring at you. It won't go away, and you can't make it do so. It just stays there. That's what it does. That's all it does. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until chabib kills it's stickiness.

Quote:

Also, I'm way far behind everybody and don't know precisely what a "troll" is, except that many hate them. I for one have loved several trolls in my early years, EVEN the ones in the Billy Goats Gruff.

I expect plenty of help/insults. HaydenAsche, this means you.

Someone who deliberately posts inflammatory, misleading or pointless comments. When the comments are specifically very rude to someone, it's called 'flaming'.

Quote:

Everybody start typing in Georgia font. it's so much nicer.

I prefer Comic Sans!

samrago 05.10.2006 01:22 PM

I love Georgia font, and I love Glice. sorry, but I like my brain where it is. why upgrade to Rago XP? it's not like I'm itching to play Doom 3 or whathaveyou. I like minesweeper.

yes, okay. but, hip priest, do you know how stickies originate or what damn reason possessed chabib into having stuck one?

Hip Priest 05.10.2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

yes, okay. but, hip priest, do you know how stickies originate or what damn reason possessed chabib into having stuck one?

It's because it's something that people will want to post in and/or read a lot. It makes sure that everyone sees it. A good thing, really.

samrago 05.10.2006 01:34 PM

alright! well that about wraps it up. all my questions are answered and all jabs reciprocated. I order everyone to cease commenting on here, I expect this post to sink to the bottom of the list. I'm taking a shower. goodbye.

Glice 05.10.2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

alright! well that about wraps it up. all my questions are answered and all jabs reciprocated. I order everyone to cease commenting on here, I expect this post to sink to the bottom of the list. I'm taking a shower. goodbye.

Why must I always rise to the bait?

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.10.2006 02:23 PM

What part of the 'burgh are you from man?

noumenal 05.10.2006 02:57 PM

On computer monitors, sans-serif fonts look better than serif fonts.