Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I have a big presentation starting in 4 minutes and I'm scared to death (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9868)

_slavo_ 04.13.2011 10:17 AM

fuck them bitches

so, the unemployement threat has hit US as well?

we had this situation in 2009-2010. now it's slowly getting back to normal, people are not as scared of losing their jobs as they were back then.

SONIC GAIL 04.13.2011 11:05 AM

they are dicks. it's just a threat but less syg for me and more free overtime so I can keep up with thier expectations

_slavo_ 10.11.2011 04:16 AM

I'll have another important presentation later this evening in Prague. I'm all suited up and I hope I'll do well. Please cross your fingers for me.

nicfit 10.11.2011 04:39 AM

it''ùs haerddddddd tro typep whitù crosseddfingersl, but willl do man!-

_slavo_ 10.11.2011 05:44 PM

i did well, i was fine
however, i did dissapoint myself much
very much
i was nervous before so i decided to take one quarter of a Rivotril (Clonazepam) tablet ... against anxiety, you know. it's a very very small dose, but still...

so, i did great, i was calm as a zen buddhist, i presented with confidence but then it wasn't me, it was the chemicals.
now, i'm drinking at home and i'm pissed at myself. i always was against things like that but now i kind of lost my cool.

Genteel Death 10.11.2011 05:51 PM

Corporate whore.

_slavo_ 10.11.2011 05:56 PM

i am sad. really fucking sad.

!@#$%! 10.11.2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
i did well, i was fine
however, i did dissapoint myself much
very much
i was nervous before so i decided to take one quarter of a Rivotril (Clonazepam) tablet ... against anxiety, you know. it's a very very small dose, but still...

so, i did great, i was calm as a zen buddhist, i presented with confidence but then it wasn't me, it was the chemicals.
now, i'm drinking at home and i'm pissed at myself. i always was against things like that but now i kind of lost my cool.

you need practice at this shit. i learned in graduate school. i had to teach. my first day i was sweating like crazy-- my armpits and back were SOAKED. it took a while to get used to being in front of an audience, but eventually my splash factor was minimal. now i can speak in front of 1000 people with no problem--- it's the same principle regardless of group size. once you're used to speak to a group of strangers, it's the same with or without people, with or without cameras, etc.

for your consolation: im thinking the klonopin (clonazepam) might have had more of a placebo effect than an actual one, because *it's not fast-acting*. if you want fast-acting pills you need to take the xanax route. so yeah, you probably tricked yourself into doing it with "magic pills". now just practice-- don't wait until the next presentation to start vomiting with nerves.

_slavo_ 10.12.2011 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
hug.

how are you today? hangover?

nope. i'm fine today. i took morning off so that i can listen to music on my balcony and smoke cigarettes and watch rain fall.
never mind the stuff around that, i did a good job yesterday and that's what counts.

nicfit 10.12.2011 04:43 AM

plus youre HUMaaaaanNNN!!

Glice 10.12.2011 06:46 AM

I think 'fe-' is a feminine prefix (grammatical feminine rather than gendered feminine). Wo- I'm not so sure about - I think it was thought of as a contraction of 'womb', but I seem to remember that theory was thrown out.

These are speculations - will have a look and get back to you.

nicfit 10.12.2011 06:47 AM

Do you really want me to google "female etymology" "woman etymology" and "male etymology" and "man etymology" for you?
No you don't.
You're not like that.
I'm kidding.
I hate reading sources online for that kind of stuff anyway.

_slavo_ 10.12.2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I think 'fe-' is a feminine prefix (grammatical feminine rather than gendered feminine). Wo- I'm not so sure about - I think it was thought of as a contraction of 'womb', but I seem to remember that theory was thrown out.

WO-TANG CLAN AIN'T NUTHIN TO FUCK WITH!

Gulasch Noir 10.12.2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice

These are speculations - will have a look and get back to you.

womb an wo mban?

nicfit 10.17.2011 07:04 AM

I forwarded that to you, sorry, meant to put slavo's mail in the address field.

sorry

I lied.

I don't think slavo makes presentations in english language?

_slavo_ 10.17.2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
I don't think slavo makes presentations in english language?

i only give presentations in English from time to time. Mostly it's Slovakian, as at the present I don't have many international clients.

nicfit 10.17.2011 07:21 AM

Do you have to use annoying marketing lingo in english anyway?

nicfit 10.17.2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i read it: I m looking forward to killing you.

be the death of me

nicfit 10.17.2011 07:56 AM

I m looking forward to killing you.

Kind regards

_slavo_ 10.18.2011 02:33 AM

Another one today. Cross your fingers for me please.