Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Kylie Minoise Releases (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28976)

KYLIE MINOISE 01.15.2009 01:39 PM

New Kylie Minoise Releases

KYLIE MINOISE - LIVE IN JAPAN - KOVOROX SOUND (KOVO-033)
4 FULL LIVE AKTIONS FROM KYOTO, OSAKA, NAGOYA AND TOKYO. INTRODUCTION BY HIDE FUJIWARA (ULTRA BIDE), FEEDBACK MANGLE WITH JUNKO (HIJOKAIDAN), KARAOKE MURDER WITH HIROSHI HASEGAWA (ASTRO, C.C.C.C.) PLUS FIELD RECORDINGS AND T.V. JUNK. 11 TRACKS, TOTAL RUNNING TIME 62 MINUTES

KYLIE MINOISE - THE PARALYSIS SECT - KOVOROX SOUND (KOVO-034)
3 LONG TRACKS OF RITUALISTIK SCUZZ, UNSETTLING ATMOSPHERICS AND UNPLEASANT IMPLICATIONS. TOTAL RUNNING TIME 1 HOUR.

Both available from http://www.kovoroxsound.com
Thanks for looking

Rob Instigator 01.15.2009 01:42 PM

thanks for posting.

I am in love with leah from Top Chef.

andrei 01.15.2009 02:17 PM

Thanks. I will check them out. I really enjoyed KM Fucking Hates You

batreleaser 01.15.2009 02:27 PM

i love 'fucking/loves hates you' and adore 'junky erotica', pulverising and abstract noise. i gotta hear the junko collab.

SYRFox 01.15.2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
i love 'fucking/loves hates you' and adore 'junky erotica', pulverising and abstract noise. i gotta hear the junko collab.

omgzzg youabta relieser what fuck dum b yo us hthink lambsptrdead watevre its caled isz a ahrdcore band lol you dumbass shit

sarramkrop 01.15.2009 02:35 PM

I liked what I caught of the performance he put on when he played with Astral Social Club. I don't like the music much. It sounds too much like countless others.

batreleaser 01.15.2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I liked what I caught of the performance he put on when he played with Astral Social Club. I don't like the music much. It sounds too much like countless others.

i thought so to, but there's a uniqueness to the sound after you couple of the records. that napalm death cover, forget the name, but the one where he turned a couple second song into a like a 20 plus minute freakout, is what me turned on to the stuff.

sarramkrop 01.15.2009 02:41 PM

I don't really know his records much. Any particular one that stands out in his discography?

Everyneurotic 01.16.2009 07:57 PM

Kylie Minoise: I/C/O/C fucking fucks you.

KYLIE MINOISE 01.26.2009 12:28 PM

Here's the first review of The Paralysis Sect...

Kylie Minoise
The Paralysis Sect (Kovorox Sound)
The Paralysis Sect sees UK noise extraordinaire Kylie Minoise pouring out three long tracks of grim, pained, often airless and soured drone craft and suffocating noise pressing. Each track sonically humming of despair, decay and ruin that’s strangely compelling
First up we have Nothing but Grief which is built around a slow grey guitar or synth feed back purr ‘n’ smother & around the edger’s of the Central drone are bell toning like elements, cow moans and general mournful/deceased sonic detail. It feels like walking through an seemingly endless slaughterhouse piled high with decaying cow carcass's. Next up is Musk, Hashish and blood which is built around a series of soured and wince inducing yet sludgy harmonic tones, greyed feedback buzzers and unwell drone matter. One can almost picture a slowed down merry-go-round full of real rotting horse instead of wooden ones. Lastly we have Universal Doubts & Everyday Frailties(Pig Mix) which is the more noise like of the three track here. It's centered around slow hovering clouds of ill at easy static,at first we have just mournful moans and uneasy aquatic tone, and stretched out bass tones slip in & out of the static grey clouds. But at about the quarter way point a slow brittle ‘n’ wood stick sounding percussive element is added in- as the track fluctuates in a grim and noise manner like a mix of slowed bomber plane drone & hull of a boat groans. Towards the end of the track a harmonic side starts to surface- but it’s still buried deep in static fog.
Roger Batty (Musique Machine)

KYLIE MINOISE 02.01.2009 09:13 AM

Kylie Minoise - The Paralysis Sect
Kovorox Sound. Kovo-034
The Paralysis Sect sees KM try on some industrial/ritual/ambience boots for style. After getting over the fact that this release wasn’t going to loosen my fillings or shake the wall plaster loose I found myself ensconced in some rather pleasant drifting territory. The two lengthy tracks here emit machine hum and ritualistic sticks beating out a repetitive melody whilst the shorter middle section is someone using an angle grinder to escape from the insides of a 40 ton stainless steel feed silo. As is the case with such material the pleasure lies in deeper listening. What appears to be a simple industrial drone becomes on repeated, closer listening a multifaceted layer of groans, sines, and high pitched whistles.
Kylie Minoise may well be the most versatile noise act now working within the UK. His live shows are memorable and the way he’s diverting his recorded style into different areas bodes well too.
IDWAL FISHER
Kylie Minoise - Live in Japan
Kovorox Sound. Kovo-033
When one man noise unit Kylie Minoise toured Japan he didn’t just record the live shows; he recorded the TV in his hotel room, the singing girl choir in Kyoto station, shrines and most memorably, a karaoke God Save The Queen with Hiroshi Hasegawa.
The four live tracks were worth the trip. In Nagoya some industrial clanging ends with some of the most ferocious noise blasts I’ve encountered. Teaming up with Junko in Kyoto they try and outdo Hijokaidan with impressive results. But its the incidentals that make this release worth treasuring; the manic introduction by Hide Fujiwara, the ultra distorted karaoke blast and the recording made in hotel rooms of Japanese TV programmes. Add these to the KM gigs and you have something lot more lasting than a postcard or a pair of ornamental chopsticks.
IDWAL FISHER

wellcharge 02.01.2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
i thought so to, but there's a uniqueness to the sound after you couple of the records. that napalm death cover, forget the name, but the one where he turned a couple second song into a like a 20 plus minute freakout, is what me turned on to the stuff.

must be "you suffer(but why)" i would love to hear that, i always have been attracted to the concept of making short,simple songs into something more, probably stemming from listening to jazz where it's an everyday thing to remake cutesy broadway tunes