Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

louder 01.22.2016 12:45 PM

Another Kanye x Kendrick x Madlib collab coming out soon?

Kanye just posted a new pic with this caption: "We just wanna thank Madlib for these 6 beat CDs he sent over #scary"

Rob Instigator 01.22.2016 01:43 PM

Thanks Sev and Loud

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.22.2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I mentioned it in the last café thread when I picked it up. I'm sure of it.

No i would have noticed. And if yall did, you didn't mention it much. Dropped the ball i depend on you

Severian 01.22.2016 06:17 PM

I'm certain I mentioned it. But yes- definitely not more than once. And there's a chance it was in the "What are you listening to?" thread. So... y'know... I dunno.

If you depended on me for anything you would have responded to that lengthy message I sent you with recommendations for loud/heavy/punky albums from the last few years. But you didn't make a single peep.

Incidentally, this is the second time someone has told me they "depend on me" for something music related in the past week.

Severian 01.22.2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
Another Kanye x Kendrick x Madlib collab coming out soon?

Kanye just posted a new pic with this caption: "We just wanna thank Madlib for these 6 beat CDs he sent over #scary"

This is a touching photo. What a beautiful friendship they must have. I want to be their token old white buddy.

Severian 01.23.2016 02:30 PM

Uhhh.. OK, so G.O.O.D. Fridays ver2.0 is one for three at this point. There's no point in calling it GOOD Fridays at all, in fact. It would be better to call it "new Kanye songs that come out when they come out" ... Or, perhaps more accurately, "regular life."

louder 01.24.2016 12:38 PM

Just remembered how much I enjoy SremmLife.

louder 01.24.2016 06:13 PM

Surf is another good one. 2015 had some gems for sure.

louder 01.25.2016 02:38 AM

Quote:

Uhhh.. OK, so G.O.O.D. Fridays ver2.0 is one for three at this point. There's no point in calling it GOOD Fridays at all, in fact. It would be better to call it "new Kanye songs that come out when they come out" ... Or, perhaps more accurately, "regular life."

MAN!!!!!!!!!!

louder 01.25.2016 02:43 AM

So this is the tracklist:

1. Nina Chop
2. Father Stretch My Hands
3. Waves
4. High Lights
5. 30 Hours
6. No More Parties in LA
7. Fade
8. FML
9. Real Friends
10. Wolves

noisereductions 01.25.2016 08:33 AM

where's "All Day"? :\

Where's that song w/ Paul McCartney?

Hmm. Kinda weird to not see those make the cut.

Severian 01.25.2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

I knew those weren't going to make it. Maybe not All Day necessarily, but I pretty much knew "Only One" wasn't going to be on there. And "Four Five Seconds" is Rhianna's.

Severian 01.25.2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

Also, "All Day" was with Paul. Just saying.

Severian 01.25.2016 12:27 PM

Wow, it's really happening though! New Yeezy! In, like, 2˝ weeks!!!

noisereductions 01.25.2016 01:31 PM

haha when I post before finishing my coffee I screw things up.

Anyway, I kind of wanted all those tracks to be on there. But whatevs.

Severian 01.25.2016 06:34 PM

I kinda didn't. I always thought "Only one" worked great as a standalone single. Though it could use a remaster and some editing.

I have a negative association with "All Day" because when it dropped in 2015, it really felt like an album was just around the corner. Then.... nothing. And 2015 went on to be one of the most irritating music years in recent memory.

Don't worry, those tracks will all make up an EXCELLENT singles/b-sides/non-album tracks compilation some day, along with other excellent but forgotten non-alb tracks like "Don't Stop."

noisereductions 01.25.2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Don't worry, those tracks will all make up an EXCELLENT singles/b-sides/non-album tracks compilation some day, along with other excellent but forgotten non-alb tracks like "Don't Stop."

I hope that's true. I hate random stray singles. I like to listen to full length collections.

I love that Madlib made it to a Kanye album tho.

louder 01.26.2016 07:08 AM

From what we've heard so far, I can tell that All Day wouldn't fit in with the rest of the songs (musically/sound wise). Only One is too emotionally heavy, it would be exhausting to hear it every time I listen to the album.

noisereductions 01.26.2016 08:13 AM

switching gears a sec - what do you guys think of the Anderson Paak album? It seems pretty cool, though I've only heard about half of it so far.

Severian 01.26.2016 09:27 AM

Haven't heard a word of it.