Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mix Tapes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4287)

porkmarras 07.26.2006 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
if you don't know how to make a mixtape you are too young

But what about the mixminidisc generation then?Such beings exist too(me being one and all that)

sonicl 07.26.2006 09:10 AM

You can set up a swapping circle with yourself.

Record one and put it somewhere not very sensible, then it'll come to light in a year or so when you've forgotten about it, and it'll be like someone has sent you a mixminidisc.

gmku 07.26.2006 09:12 AM

Soon. Depends on how soon I can make it to the P.O. By the latest, I'll send mine this Friday. It's done, complete with artwork and a tracklist (which won't be part of the cassette artwork, and which I'll type up on another sheet).

It was a lot of fun. The difficult thing for me making any mix tape is all the second guessing I do. I should have done this, forgot to include this, maybe this doesn't really go with this. But in the end, I trust my first instincts will be right and somebody will get some enjoyment out of it.

porkmarras 07.26.2006 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
You can set up a swapping circle with yourself.

Record one and put it somewhere not very sensible, then it'll come to light in a year or so when you've forgotten about it, and it'll be like someone has sent you a mixminidisc.

There is a small and rarely visible community of people who made up the core of the mixminidisc generation.They operated mainly in the mid-nineties and they are still single at the time of posting.

afterthefact 07.26.2006 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
There is a small and rarely visible community of people who made up the core of the mixminidisc generation.They operated mainly in the mid-nineties and they are still single at the time of posting.

wow, I totally forgot about the minidisc. That came and went at about the same velocity as the Dreamcast...

Hip Priest 07.26.2006 09:26 AM

I've finished recording. I decided not to include anything that the reciever had a strong chance of having already heard. Will post first thing in the morning.

Pookie 07.26.2006 09:31 AM

Just a reminder that I'm away from Saturday for a week. So if you want to take part, you need to pm me for the details by Friday at the latest.

Glice 07.26.2006 01:27 PM

Mine was finally posted today at 5:10pm. I sent it second class, so with luck it'll be with you on Friday. I included a tracklisting, and some artwork, and a short note, and £2. These are all the informations I am going to impart for now.

Are Porkie and T&B playing yet? Go on lads, go on go on go on.

porkmarras 07.26.2006 01:30 PM

I so mean to because i love doing mixtapes but i need to get some blanc tapes first.I will join for sure because my mixtapes change your life.They really do,i swear.

Hip Priest 07.27.2006 04:07 AM

I've posted mine, a few minutes ago.

I listened to it last night, and it's rather good.

porkmarras 07.27.2006 04:11 AM

How are you meant to join?I don't have the time to read the whole thread right now so could someone explain please?I've started one last night,is it too late?

Cantankerous 07.27.2006 04:12 AM

t&b: who the fuck doesn't know how to make a mix tape? terri schiavo could make a goddamn mix tape.

Pookie 07.27.2006 04:18 AM

Quote:

How are you meant to join?I don't have the time to read the whole thread right now so could someone explain please?I've started one last night,is it too late?

Firstly do a mix tape, then send it to the address I'll pm you.

WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR PACKAGE:

From UK:
1) Your cassette.
2) Your username.
3) Your address.
4) £2

From Europe:
1) Your cassette.
2) Your username.
3) Your address.
4) 3 Euros

From US/Canada:
1) Your cassette.
2) Your username.
3) Your address.
4) $2

Cantankerous 07.27.2006 04:18 AM

two dollars?! i'm a jew! i'm not going to send you $2!!

porkmarras 07.27.2006 04:19 AM

Cool,thanks spookie.

porkmarras 07.27.2006 04:19 AM

Does all the dough go to charity?

Pookie 07.27.2006 04:25 AM

Quote:

Does all the dough go to charity?

It's no coincidence that I started this thing and then booked my holiday.

porkmarras 07.27.2006 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
It's no coincidence that I started this thing and then booked my holiday.

haha.There are worse ways of making money than on mixtapes.

Pookie 07.27.2006 04:30 AM

I can't find the post explaining how the postage works, but the money is to cover the cost of posting the tape on. I also can't be bothered to explain how I came up with the figures, just use a bit of trust people.

sonicl 07.27.2006 04:34 AM

The first thing I can remember my mother saying to me in my pram is "Never trust a man who calls himself Pookie".