Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Boxing - Anyone like it? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=119746)

brookly111 07.22.2019 11:51 PM

Boxing - Anyone like it?

It's a little known fact that for some time a couple of years ago Kim used to be a wrestling coach

_tunic_ 07.23.2019 04:15 AM

It's a little known fact that for some time a couple of years ago Kim used to be a wrestling coach.
[video is NSFW, just saying in case you are pretending to work right now]

She prefers to keep it a secret though, so please don't tell anyone. And especially not that I told you about this because she will come after me with her mafia mobsters.

choc e-Claire 07.23.2019 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
[video is NSFW, just saying in case you are pretending to work right now]

Trying to work out whether this makes me more or less likely to click this link.

_tunic_ 07.23.2019 05:50 AM

The link is actually OK, it's a news article. The video is OK for the first minute, I wouldn't watch further if you're at school ;)

It's not that bad just some flashing boobies and shit, litterally :D
But when I opened it directly on YT I had to log in to verify that I wasn't underaged.

Sorry for the spoilers everyone

Rob Instigator 07.23.2019 08:25 AM

I used to love boxing so much. I grew up inthe late 70's and early 80's and idolized Ali, and Sugar Ray Leonard, and Hector Camacho and the many Puerto Rican fighters.

I loved the heavyweight bouts, seeing Holyfield, Tyson, and Foreman smack a man 20 years younger into jelly....

It is a brutal sport, but it can be a thing of beauty.

I am not a fan of watching MMA because I could care less about "real" fighting...

!@#$%! 07.23.2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
flashing boobies and shit, litterally :D

boobies are great but i’m not a fan of fecal fights

ps im waiting for the spamlinks to manifest themselves elsewhere

ilduclo 07.23.2019 02:10 PM

Sweet Pea Whitaker died the other day. He was a fucking fantastic fighter.

_tunic_ 07.25.2019 07:43 AM

so nobody watched that clip, huh? You should ;)

anyway, I used to like to watch boxing, the same as you all loved to watch those old great heavyweights. But nowadays I don't like it anymore. I just don't see the joy anymore of watching two people beating each other in the face continuously. Did you hear about that Russian boxer that died the other day? Trainer was begging him to stop, but he refused.

For some reason I do enjoy watching MMA though, or at least I had a phase last year that I watched it continuously. It's less one dimensional, they don't only beat you in the face, but they also can break your neck or arms. So it's more unpredictable.

Bytor Peltor 07.25.2019 09:10 AM

My dad grew up boxing in Golden Gloves. He would take my brother and I to see Golden Glove matches when we were young. In Port Neches, they had a ring setup inside a teepee.

Lake Charles would have “Tough Man” competitions every so often. It was brutal the way some of those guys got destroyed.

Nowadays I mostly enjoy wagering on MMA. On average, I find 3-4 fights per card to wager on. I bet more underdogs than favorites. Due to being at work most Saturday nights, I only watch the fights a few times a year.

choc e-Claire 07.25.2019 03:31 PM

My parents are big on MMA for some reason. I judge them harshly

EVOLghost 07.25.2019 10:56 PM

I like to watching some fights here and there. I don't follow it closely but I can appreciate a good fight. MMA is one I'm not a big fan of but I'll still watching some fights when I'm with friends or something.