Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   dream interpretation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38314)

phoenix 02.28.2010 11:23 PM

dream interpretation

The other night I had a dream where I was sitting in the bath.. and a girl I knew was sitting in the bathroom too. She was wearing a big poofy dress. Then she took theh dress off and jumped in the bath too. Then I had to decorate our windows with fairy lights (because something was happening or someone was coming over.. )

what does this mean.

non serious thread.

DeadDiscoDildo 02.28.2010 11:41 PM

It means this type writer I found in my new house brings the stories I write to life!!!!!!!!!

DeadDiscoDildo 02.28.2010 11:42 PM

AYAOTD reference, squares

DeadDiscoDildo 02.28.2010 11:45 PM

I was trying to hard to be clever as usual, Im gonna go ahead and call my mistake there.

Unless this really happened, I fucked up, the type writer made events happen in real life, not in dreams.

Now you know.

pbradley 03.01.2010 12:07 AM

It meanz you vant to replace your mahza az your fahza's mate, ja.

Genteel Death 03.01.2010 12:09 AM

So, the forum police produces masterpieces like these?

phoenix 03.01.2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
I fucked up, the type writer made events happen in real life, not in dreams.

it's a start...

phoenix 03.01.2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
I meanz you vant to replace your mahza az your fahza's mate, ja.

how did I ever live online without you.

pbradley 03.01.2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
how did I ever live online without you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transference

DeadDiscoDildo 03.01.2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

it's a start...

to what?

phoenix 03.01.2010 02:25 AM

(I get it) but.. to influencing real life. no? I would think that dreams would come first. Keep trying!!!!!!

ni'k 03.01.2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

The other night I had a dream where I was sitting in the bath.. and a girl I knew was sitting in the bathroom too. She was wearing a big poofy dress. Then she took theh dress off and jumped in the bath too. Then I had to decorate our windows with fairy lights (because something was happening or someone was coming over.. )

what does this mean.

non serious thread.

it means you use housework/decoration to distract and crush your lesbionic tendencies.

the original pincho 03.01.2010 10:06 PM

I think it means you are lonely and the big poofy dress made it easier to be her friend. Once you were friends you did fun things together, like paint on the window. But why a girl?

EVOLghost 03.02.2010 01:00 AM

I tihnk it means you need to buy a big poofy dress.

phoenix 03.02.2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the original pincho
I think it means you are lonely and the big poofy dress made it easier to be her friend. Once you were friends you did fun things together, like paint on the window. But why a girl?

we were already friends, but I actually haven't spoken to this girl in at least a year.. hmm we didn't ruin the windows?

I dunno why a girl. I was born that way. I like both flavours. She's hot, does that make a difference?

phoenix 03.02.2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
it means you use housework/decoration to distract and crush your lesbionic tendencies.

tee hee.:o

the ikara cult 03.02.2010 07:34 AM

well, the Freudian checklist reveals the following

Baths are a symbol for the period just prior to birth
girls you know are your mother
Big poofy dresses are a symbol for vaginas
Fairy lights are a smbol for semen

So essentially, you want to be born, immediately accessing your mothers vagina, and spraying jizz all over the place

Sleep well

the original pincho 03.02.2010 03:49 PM

Yes it makes a difference if she is hot.

Rob Instigator 03.02.2010 03:57 PM

If it means anything and all, and I personally feel that dreams mean nothing, and are there as "tabula rasa" for us to insert whatever meaning we see fit in light of day, then it means that you miss an old playmate.

the big poofy dress is symbiolic of children's clothes, and the fact that you were bathing is symblic of childhood as well.

SYRFox 03.02.2010 04:48 PM

Unrelated but the other day I dreamed I had a bear as a pet. Like, a real bear. He ran around the house and my brother fought with it. Then I woke up and was like "what the hell". Later the same night I dreamed somebody got inside my house jumping from the wall window and I heard my mother and brother screaming, then I woke up breathing heavily. Less funny stuff.

Oh, and I mean that type of bears:

not those