Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what to wear for my muck up day?? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6851)

supersonicsix 10.09.2006 03:34 AM

what to wear for my muck up day??

okay, so I'm not sure if you Americans, English, European etc etc highschool goers have a 'muck up day' in year 12 (last year) as your final day of school. ever. but anyway we do (sort of, it's actually called 'dress up day' because my school is really tight and don't call it 'muck up day' because the other schools that do the kids go wild, like chopping the heads of chickens and stuff...i'm not kidding :confused: ) anyway. me and my friend were thinking of getting high and dressing up as beatniks, the clean cut kind, and then recite Ginsberg's 'Howl'. Is that a really stupid idea, like 'hey we're the weird alternative kids'? that's not what we are, but you know what i mean..and all the indie kids get to go as emo which screams of 'we are cooler than thee'.
last year i remember heaps of girls went as Barbie's. ahaha.
ps. it's an all girls school, relatively conservative (our principle is a nun! ahaha that still makes me laugh). not that makes much of a difference but yer. i don't really have any other ideas. a pirate might be cool.
any other thoughts/suggestions would be most appreciated!!!

Trasher02 10.09.2006 03:36 AM

Go as a whore.

Pookie 10.09.2006 03:50 AM

Is it the same as mufty day?

supersonicsix 10.09.2006 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Is it the same as mufty day?

yeah, pretty much

supersonicsix 10.09.2006 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
Go as a whore.

that's hot.
maybe it'll turn my art teacher on? i hope so. i like him a lot. :p

blue sunlover 10.09.2006 04:25 AM

pretty this.

blue sunlover 10.09.2006 04:29 AM

that supersonic text mansions it quite well

Jico 10.09.2006 04:42 AM

Quote:

go wild, like chopping the heads of chickens and stuff...

supersonicsix 10.09.2006 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jico

yeah, happened a few years ago at this all boys school:rolleyes: . it's really cruel. they got into lots of trouble.

Glice 10.09.2006 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersonicsixanyway
. me and my friend were thinking of getting high and dressing up as beatniks, the clean cut kind, and then recite Ginsberg's 'Howl'. Is that a really stupid idea, like 'hey we're the weird alternative kids'? that's not what we are, but you know what i mean..and all the indie kids get to go as emo which screams of 'we are cooler than thee'.

Do it, but I guarentee you'll groan about it in years to come. It's an important part of growing up, doing deeply embrassing things. I'm groaning at my follies of youth right now.

king_buzzo 10.09.2006 06:39 AM

we have that thing in my school for yr 12 here. but they dont get to dress up and stuff.. last time we broke a chair and blamed it on the yr 12s

supersonicsix 10.09.2006 06:48 AM

haha yeah. i dunno, there are a few plans, some lists, i'm not sure what my year level has planned but i'm sure it'll be big (ish).
the whole reason i'm questioning this thing is because i know, like you said, in years to come i'd be embarrassed. it sounds like a cool idea, but i'm not sure if i wanna do it.

king_buzzo 10.09.2006 06:51 AM

go as beck!!! everyone will think youre going as thurston but just say yr beck!

supersonicsix 10.09.2006 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
go as beck!!! everyone will think youre going as thurston but just say yr beck!

haha yeah! should i wear a 'i'm not thurston' tee-shirt?

king_buzzo 10.09.2006 06:57 AM

yeah!!!! thats fucking hillarious!!!!

supersonicsix 10.09.2006 07:07 AM

yeah i just hope people get it, they'd probably be like 'who's beck?' or even more likely, 'who's thurston?'

king_buzzo 10.09.2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersonicsix
'who's thurston?'

i think thats gonna be the case....

youthoftomorrow 10.09.2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersonicsix
okay, so I'm not sure if you Americans, English, European etc etc highschool goers have a 'muck up day' in year 12 (last year) as your final day of school. ever. but anyway we do (sort of, it's actually called 'dress up day' because my school is really tight and don't call it 'muck up day' because the other schools that do the kids go wild, like chopping the heads of chickens and stuff...i'm not kidding :confused: ) anyway. me and my friend were thinking of getting high and dressing up as beatniks, the clean cut kind, and then recite Ginsberg's 'Howl'. Is that a really stupid idea, like 'hey we're the weird alternative kids'? that's not what we are, but you know what i mean..and all the indie kids get to go as emo which screams of 'we are cooler than thee'.
last year i remember heaps of girls went as Barbie's. ahaha.
ps. it's an all girls school, relatively conservative (our principle is a nun! ahaha that still makes me laugh). not that makes much of a difference but yer. i don't really have any other ideas. a pirate might be cool.
any other thoughts/suggestions would be most appreciated!!!

do you guys do pranks?

EDIT: 666th post.

Cantankerous 10.10.2006 12:35 AM

dress up like me.

supersonicsix 10.10.2006 04:59 AM

i like the pregnant nun idea.