Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Ghostchase 04.12.2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Secret Pint and hunted by a freak are my faves on there. That version of like Herod is a bit too much overkill for me, but yknow, one cant argue.


I owned BBC sessions before I owned Young Team, so my senses are tuned to overkill on Like Herod. Your right on the opening track, Hunted By A Freak is easily better than the album version. Peel saying "Ladies and gentlemen... Mogwai" will forever evoke nostalgia of good times.

I need to buy Rock Action!

the ikara cult 04.12.2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
I owned BBC sessions before I owned Young Team, so my senses are tuned to overkill on Like Herod. Your right on the opening track, Hunted By A Freak is easily better than the album version. Peel saying "Ladies and gentlemen... Mogwai" will forever evoke nostalgia of good times.

I need to buy Rock Action!


The version of R U still in 2 it on government commissions is kinda cruddy, the version on Young Team is planet smashingly great. That whole album is monumental apart from Mogwai fear satan, which for some reason ive never liked... its like Schizophrenia by SY, i dont get the fuss.

Ghostchase 04.12.2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
The version of R U still in 2 it on government commissions is kinda cruddy, the version on Young Team is planet smashingly great. That whole album is monumental apart from Mogwai fear satan, which for some reason ive never liked... its like Schizophrenia by SY, i dont get the fuss.


Agreed. The Young Team R U still in 2 it is untouchable. I can totally understand Mogwai Fear Satan being a bit understated when it's hyped as a classic Mogwai song, with its repetition being a bit boring, but I really love the remix by Mogwai on Kicking A Dead Pig. Added flute = Love

louder 04.12.2012 03:15 PM

 

Ghostchase 04.12.2012 03:35 PM

What's that Wu-Tang verse or by someone affiliated with Wu-Tang "Now you know how Mase felt..."

Something about him getting punched in the face, what's that whole story or am I confused.

louder 04.12.2012 03:41 PM

back in the late 90's Ghostface punched Mase at a club in NYC and broke his jaw.
that verse is actually by Kanye, he just used that incident as a reference to demonstrate how he felt when his own jaw was broken in a car accident.

the ikara cult 04.12.2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
 


Rhythms, Resolutions & Clusters disc.


more in the spirit of this

Tortoise plus Bonnie Prince Billy - The Brave and the bold
Its got one or two good tracks, they hit Thunder Road very nicely. Overall its a pretty average listen though

 

Torn Curtain 04.12.2012 05:13 PM

My Brightest Diamond - Festival les femmes s'en mÍlent, 2012-04-06

the ikara cult 04.12.2012 05:16 PM

This is a faultless power-pop album

 

louder 04.12.2012 06:55 PM

my beautiful dark.. bla bla

i still can't get over how incredible is pusha's verse on 'so appalled'.

ann ashtray 04.12.2012 07:35 PM

Lately:
Charalambides - Joy Shapes
To Live and Shave in L.A. - Noon + Eternity


Lots of these two lately.

the ikara cult 04.12.2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Exactly my thoughts when I picked this up the week it came out several years ago......it could have been soooo much better!


Yeah. i was particularly disappointed with their version of Calvary Cross, you'd think that would be the highlight but it was just... poor

EVOLghost 04.13.2012 03:37 AM

Lightinig Bolttttttttttt1

stu666 04.13.2012 03:47 AM

 

louder 04.13.2012 04:17 AM

 

demonrail666 04.13.2012 07:28 AM

 


 

EVOLghost 04.13.2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
 






Dang...goin' all vato loco on us.

stu666 04.13.2012 10:37 AM

 

Pookie 04.13.2012 11:20 AM

MEAT PUPPETS - DEXTERITY
 

Ghostchase 04.13.2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
back in the late 90's Ghostface punched Mase at a club in NYC and broke his jaw.
that verse is actually by Kanye, he just used that incident as a reference to demonstrate how he felt when his own jaw was broken in a car accident.


Thank you very much for the info!


 


The original, made in the UK, MO'Wax card sleeve edition.

louder 04.13.2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Thank you very much for the info!


 


The original, made in the UK, MO'Wax card sleeve edition.

np. and take sum rep for one of the coolest recs of the 90's! :)

Ghostchase 04.13.2012 12:35 PM

Thanx. :D

I'm in mood for some turntable goodness this morning...

 

Torn Curtain 04.13.2012 02:47 PM

New Order - Elegia (full version)

sonic sphere 04.13.2012 03:48 PM

 

louder 04.13.2012 04:26 PM

 


Fishscale & SC have been on heavy rotation here for such a long time (a few years)..
i've never heard Pretty Toney before tbh, listening to it now for the first time and i'm blown away, just like the first time i've heard Fishscale. :eek:

SpaceCadetHayden 04.14.2012 12:56 AM

 

Torn Curtain 04.14.2012 10:09 AM

Dominique A - Vers les lueurs (on deezer)

A Thousand Threads 04.14.2012 12:16 PM

 

one of my favourites from last year

louder 04.15.2012 01:13 AM

 

the ikara cult 04.15.2012 03:40 AM

 

Pelle 04.15.2012 01:06 PM

 

keep poppin pimples 04.15.2012 04:11 PM

 


haven't heard in years but it's awesome like i remembered

stu666 04.15.2012 04:23 PM

 

Torn Curtain 04.15.2012 04:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz7RpMjfoKs

stu666 04.16.2012 08:13 AM

 

Torn Curtain 04.16.2012 08:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QdpX2XpJVMU

Genteel Death 04.16.2012 01:23 PM


 


A favourite among all the hardcore/punk demos I've heard last year. God knows I listen to a lot of hardcore bands these days.

 

Ghostchase 04.16.2012 02:07 PM

Last on the last track of The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's "Orange". I love Greyhound. I wonder if that's Money Mark playing keyboards at the end?

Genteel Death 04.16.2012 02:10 PM

 

Nudge Squidfish - 20000 Leagues Under Nashville

Pelle 04.16.2012 03:26 PM

 


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content ©2006 Sonic Youth