Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   landscapes of yr country!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=616)

Grete 04.06.2006 10:53 AM

Sonicl>>>

have you understood?I hope so;-)

Grete 04.06.2006 10:55 AM

ok thank Toxa...:-D I'm a disaster!!ahahahahahahah

Trasher02 04.06.2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
that picture of zaanse schans that trasher posted is in holland though, not belgium... but you can have it if you like. how about we'll trade it for brussels or the ardennes? we'll give you kinderdijk with it for free! ;)

is it from holland? my apologies for that :D
doesn't matter, Belgium and Holland totally look alike

pokkeherrie 04.06.2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
you can have brussels but i want to keep the bozar (museum) and the concert halls! :p

thanks, but you're being way too generous... brussels worth much more than a bunch of boring windmills. i can't believe you're just giving up grand place that easy! :D

johnnywinternoshow 04.06.2006 08:44 PM

I love that first one spectralj, of the park it's brilliant

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.06.2006 11:09 PM

Yeah, I didn't take it though. Just found it :(. I love McConnel's Mill State Park. One of the most beautiful parts of Western PA. There are tons of huge moraine rocks. Which is funny, because the nearby moraine state park is pretty void of moraine.

The best places at McConnell's Mill are the more out of the way hard to find places, less human interaction, less graffiti.

The mill has been kept up pretty well and is very pretty. It has turbines and not a big waterwheel.

Supposedly if you turn off your lights on the covered bridge and honk 3 times, a ghost girl will walk behind you. Didn't work when we tried it.
Supposedly there is also a ghost man that walks to work each morning there. Didn't see him either. There is a cemetary about 20 minutes away in Moraine state park that is very old, and walking into it, the temperature dropped drastically. There were dogs barking in the background which my friends claimed were ghost dogs, but I was sort of skeptical. I believe in ghosts, but I try to be skeptical.

Here is a picture that I took about 2 years ago. Photography never really held my interest, but I do like this picture. I took some better pictures during the previous winter, but I lost them. There were one or two I really liked, a far away view of that side of my house, and another one at a very close angle of one of the chimneys on the side with gray clouds overhead.

I spend most of my time on guitar, but I should really work on my visual art skills too.

connie kreski 04.07.2006 05:06 AM

st-vaast-la-hougue

_slavo_ 04.07.2006 05:49 AM

a classic piece of traditional architecture in Slovakia:

Grete 04.07.2006 02:34 PM

my garden

_slavo_ 07.24.2010 02:11 AM

The Krasna Horka castle:

High Tatras Mountains:

The Orava Castle

The Strbske Pleso lake in High Tatras:

_slavo_ 07.24.2010 02:15 AM

The Slovak paradise national park:

The Strecno castle:

The St. Elizabeth cathedral in Kosice (my hometown!)

The Bojnice Castle (this seriously must be one of the, say, 30 most beautiful castles in the whole world)

Keeping It Simple 07.24.2010 06:04 AM

The Sussex landscape as seen from Devil's Dyke.

Genteel Death 07.24.2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
The Sussex landscape as seen from Devil's Dyke.

Where are you? I can't see you.

Keeping It Simple 07.24.2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Where are you? I can't see you.

I'm up in the clouds.

jon boy 07.24.2010 10:36 AM

jon boy 07.24.2010 10:37 AM

chicka 07.24.2010 11:11 AM

While that Bojnice Castle is beautiful and obvious well maintained I like the Orava Castle better. The Orava looks impossible to penetrate and also I swear I've seen it used in movie just can't think of the movie.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.24.2010 02:04 PM

Lanuda Bay, Rancho Palos Verdes near Los Angeles, CA

Bodega Bay, Sonoma County, California

Crater Lake, Oregon

Death Valley, California (The lowest point in North America where you can drive a car)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.24.2010 02:05 PM

the US is a BIG country so i'll post my favorite places I've been thus far, limiting myself to places I've actually been or the list would be far to enormous to post..

Bryce Canyon, Utah

Columbia River Gorge Oregan/Washington border

Mount Shasta, California

Mount Whitney from the Eastside near Lone Pine, California

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.24.2010 02:10 PM

a true LA winter

El Mirage near Victorville, CA

Tioga Pass in Yosemite, ONE OF the Highest point(s) in North America where you can drive a car