Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Myspace (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9637)

porkmarras 01.06.2007 10:19 PM

Myspace

I'm really enjoying its existence at the moment.It's not as bad as i first thought it was.It's become a really good tool to hear good new and old music.Well done Myspace,here's a candy for you.

k-krack 01.06.2007 10:20 PM

I use it for music, rarely. Most often, I use youtube to listen to music I haven't heard/am interested in. In fact, I just did a few minutes ago for Converge!

ALIEN ANAL 01.06.2007 10:25 PM

yeh i really dig it for finding underground bands of my taste and texture.

luxinterior 01.06.2007 10:48 PM

I had a long history of refusing to get a Myspace, and then on New Year's Eve three of my friends waited until I was completely smashed and they got me to agree to get one, and to dictate my entire "About Me" and "Who I'd Like To Meet" sections to them, as well as consent to a Winnie the Pooh layout. I knew the original password but they went and changed it on me, it seems. One of them added a bunch of stuff to it off of my Facebook profile (all of the Favorites). They said I kept yelling at them about their grammar and punctuation, and I don't remember doing that, but I'm looking at the page now and it is very readable.

Dead-Air 01.07.2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
I'm really enjoying its existence at the moment.It's not as bad as i first thought it was.It's become a really good tool to hear good new and old music.Well done Myspace,here's a candy for you.

The amount of good experimental and undergound music on there is amazing. I end up playing one or two (or more sometimes) tracks I download on my radio show every week. Honestly, the groups who have contacted my band and asked to be friends have been 90% awesome. In fact, the only real stinker was on My Space records and probably requested to be friends with every profile on the whole damn thing.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.07.2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
The amount of good experimental and undergound music on there is amazing. I end up playing one or two (or more sometimes) tracks I download on my radio show every week. Honestly, the groups who have contacted my band and asked to be friends have been 90% awesome. In fact, the only real stinker was on My Space records and probably requested to be friends with every profile on the whole damn thing.

It seems 50/50 with me, half the time lame pseudo indie bands want to be my friends.

Inhuman 01.07.2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
I use it for music, rarely. Most often, I use youtube to listen to music I haven't heard/am interested in. In fact, I just did a few minutes ago for Converge!

Nice, did you hear their stuf of their No Heroes album? It's excellent other than the overdone lyrics (they're good writers, but it's overdone). I can send you the album if you want it

Norma J 01.07.2007 03:18 AM

I haven't got the new/recent Converge album yet. You Fail Me was a fantastic album.

Inhuman 01.07.2007 03:22 AM

It was! I got out of them for a long time, but really felt the need to listen to hardcore one day and picked it up because I wanted something new that was heavy. If you could possibly imagine Banon screaming harder than he does in You Fail Me, that's what "Heartache" sounds like on No Heroes. It's damn good.

We are all falling down.

Norma J 01.07.2007 03:23 AM

You Fail Me has some great lyrics.

Inhuman 01.07.2007 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
You Fail Me has some great lyrics.

Converge are one of my favorite lyricists. They do a great job of tying in emotion; much more efficiently than other bands with other music that shares the same themes as them!

CHOUT 01.07.2007 04:54 AM

Please post a video of you enjoying myspace, Porkmarras.

atsonicpark 01.07.2007 04:57 AM

Everything is bad or good depending on whose hands it is in.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 01.07.2007 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxinterior
I had a long history of refusing to get a Myspace, and then on New Year's Eve three of my friends waited until I was completely smashed and they got me to agree to get one, and to dictate my entire "About Me" and "Who I'd Like To Meet" sections to them, as well as consent to a Winnie the Pooh layout. I knew the original password but they went and changed it on me, it seems. One of them added a bunch of stuff to it off of my Facebook profile (all of the Favorites). They said I kept yelling at them about their grammar and punctuation, and I don't remember doing that, but I'm looking at the page now and it is very readable.

hey, youre on faceboook?!
care if i add you?

atsonicpark 01.07.2007 05:55 AM

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tokolosh 01.07.2007 06:04 AM

Myspace is a cesspool for the crapest bands on the planet.
There are some exceptions though.

PAULYBEE2656 01.07.2007 07:03 AM

its always non- myspace users that diss it. i think its a great communication tool and a great way of finding new music. tonnes of shit bands on it yeah but there are tonnes of shit records in a record shop too, doesnt mean i have to pay them any attention......... my link to mine is below as always feel free to abuse it!

Thomas Moronic 01.07.2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras

I agree. The amount of excellent music and art I've found on Myspace, that I might not have discovered otherwise, far outweighs any of the more irritating aspects of the website.

Glice 01.07.2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Converge are one of my favorite lyricists. They do a great job of tying in emotion; much more efficiently than other bands with other music that shares the same themes as them!

So you're an emo kid. That's what you're saying. You like emo, and are an emo kid. Brave man.

porkmarras 01.07.2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
Please post a video of you enjoying myspace, Porkmarras.

Haha.No video,i'm afraid,but i can tell you that it generally involves my right hand and sometimes my left one while i whisper:'Myspace,hmmmm,yeah,Myspace........' into my speakers.