Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   awkward phases (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15492)

Cantankerous 08.13.2007 06:26 PM

my mom was 18

ps nice mullet there schizo

Everyneurotic 08.13.2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel

ha!. i ended up sewing megadeth and guns n' roses patches onto mine which helped to crank the awkwardness up a notch. i swear though the shirt was cursed after that. i kept injuring myself so i stopped wearing it and then the suffering thankfully stopped.

nice, i had a denim jacket and i covered it patches, every concert i went to, i get a patch, i went to see bon jovi and the bon jovi patch got to the jacket; as the years went by, that jacket wouldn't fit anymore so i had to leave it behind, i still have with almost all the patches still there, except the sepultura one which i took off and put it in the backpack i currently use.

awkward phases: zits when i was 13 to 15, i had a goatee when i was in high school and again when i started college, wore a lot of black, i still wear black shirts mostly but i have started to mix it up a bit more, spiky hair...i had long hair (down to the shoulders) ten years ago and now i have pretty much the same lenght hair now.

Everyneurotic 08.13.2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom

this picture spells f-l-o-r-i-d-a.

Savage Clone 08.13.2007 06:34 PM

I had hair down to the middle of my back before I had the dreads. It looked hideous.

Edit:
Like the case and can of Bud in the pic with young schizo there. Adds to the Mullet Effect.

!@#$%! 08.13.2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
my mom was 18

ah! i was doing the math from your grandparents anniversary, thanks for answering my prying questions before i actually make them.

Cantankerous 08.13.2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I had hair down to the middle of my back before I had the dreads. It looked hideous.

Edit:
Like the case and can of Bud in the pic with young schizo there. Adds to the Mullet Effect.

hahaha i forgot about the dreads. brilliant.

yeah i just now noticed the bud in the background. it really completes the whole scene.
Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ah! i was doing the math from your grandparents anniversary, thanks for answer my prying questions before i actually make them.

that was my dad's parents anyway. he's 39.

Everyneurotic 08.13.2007 06:40 PM

oooh, some 4 years ago i had a pretty cool rattail, then i started growing my hair completely.

one other time, i cut my hair kinda spiky and, to punk it up a bit more, i kinda shaved the right side of my hair except for the top. i looked like vanilla ice; bad choices.

Sonic Youth 37 08.13.2007 06:45 PM

Sophomore year, I was just a dumb-ass little kid. The arm to my left belongs to the crazy, wonderful, little weird cool I was obsessed with at the time, but I didn't make a move because of our age gap. (2 years, she was graduating in a few days)

Everyneurotic 08.13.2007 06:46 PM

true, all the 6th grade kids had either the shirt or the patch or had them drawn on their notebooks/bags, etc.

schizophrenicroom 08.13.2007 06:49 PM

when i was nine or so i wore the same denim jacket every day despite living in f-l-o-r-i-da it was from jc penney and REAL cheesy but i loved it.

!@#$%! 08.13.2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
when i was nine or so i wore the same denim jacket every day despite living in f-l-o-r-i-da it was from jc penney and REAL cheesy but i loved it.

owwwww!!!!! so cute!!!!!!

Cantankerous 08.13.2007 06:51 PM

the craziest thing i ever pulled in regards to my hair was when i was like 13 or 14 i got pissed about something or other and i cut it off almost like mick jagger in the mid 60s but it was crazier and stuck out all over and i dyed it black or something. but basically my hair has been every color under the sun and i only like it black (but not that super shiny fake looking blue black) or blonde. i guess brown is okay but a bit more boring.

Danny Himself 08.13.2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Awww. :]

schizophrenicroom 08.13.2007 06:56 PM

that was the only pic of me at that age where i'm not wearing that jacket. forgot to put that in there.

Everyneurotic 08.13.2007 07:06 PM

the only documented awkward period for me is the long hair phase part 1 and i think i have one goatee pic; but i haven't fixed my scanner.

i was completely against being photgraphed, i'm still not fond of it.

truncated 08.13.2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Found a funny pic that I haven't used for personal humiliation purposes in the past. I'm dressed for some sort of formal occasion, so my awkward suburban teenage goth/punk dress isn't represented, but the suit makes it funnier if you ask me. This is late 1985, and I was just barely 15 here:

It's not so taboo for girls to be pedophiles, is it?

I empathize with luxy's plight; I don't think there is an end to my awkward phase. If I can surreptitiously dig up some childhood photos from my mother's stock, I shall post.

Prisstina 08.13.2007 07:21 PM

circa sixth grade

Cantankerous 08.14.2007 03:37 PM

do you have that fairy necklace too? or do my peepers decieve me?

Prisstina 08.14.2007 04:12 PM

yes, it is indeed a fairy necklace.

Pookie 08.14.2007 04:46 PM