Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RIP Alex Higgins (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40623)

demonrail666 07.24.2010 05:27 PM

RIP Alex Higgins

The Hurricane has left the table.

jon boy 07.24.2010 06:30 PM

looking at him at the end of his life it looks like a blessing that he finally died. i remember watching him when i was a kid, he was great. RIP.

Green_mind 07.25.2010 06:00 AM

RIP to the legend that inspired many

Keeping It Simple 07.25.2010 06:11 AM

Inspired many to become chain-smoking alcoholics who frequently get into fights and arguments getting themselves banned from many places?

Green_mind 07.25.2010 06:28 AM

no, the other thing you dog forsaken clown

demonrail666 07.25.2010 06:34 AM

He probably did more to popularise snooker than anybody before or since.

Glice 07.25.2010 07:37 AM

Fuck! One of those old-world people who was somehow simultaneously a prize cunt and eminently respectable. There's another of my fantasy pub meetings gone.

And again, why take him and not Clarkson?

Keeping It Simple 07.25.2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Fuck! One of those old-world people who was somehow simultaneously a prize cunt and eminently respectable. There's another of my fantasy pub meetings gone.

And again, why take him and not Clarkson?

Because Clarkson isn't a prize cunt. Now you on the other hand.

the ikara cult 07.25.2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
The Hurricane has left the table.

He was the Mark E Smith of snooker, and he even looks just like MES in that one.

Keeping It Simple 07.25.2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
He was the Mark E Smith of snooker, and he even looks just like MES in that one.

He looks nothing like MES in that one. :rolleyes:

Glice 07.25.2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Because Clarkson isn't a prize cunt. Now you on the other hand.

That last sentence is syntactically very strained. I'd recommend a comma after the 'you', and an ellipsis at the end. Without that, the 'comedy' is just lost...

And of course you're being ironic. No-one could possibly think Clarkson is anything other than a prize cunt.

jon boy 07.25.2010 06:55 PM

clarkson is almost as much of a cunt as cameron although he takes the cunt crown.

the ikara cult 07.25.2010 07:29 PM

what a pair of successful cunts

jon boy 07.25.2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
what a pair of successful cunts

i know! it makes me think that over half the uk is made up of cunts.

Keeping It Simple 07.26.2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i know! it makes me think that over half the uk is made up of cunts.

That's because half of the UK is made up of cunts. Take you, jon boy and Glice for example. All grade A fucking cunts.

Keeping It Simple 07.26.2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

That last sentence is syntactically very strained. I'd recommend a comma after the 'you', and an ellipsis at the end. Without that, the 'comedy' is just lost...

And of course you're being ironic. No-one could possibly think Clarkson is anything other than a prize cunt.

You're a cunt. Now shut up.

Glice 07.26.2010 06:00 AM

As you say, Britain's populated mostly by cunts. In mine and Jon Boy's case, we're the witty, erudite and dashing kind of cunt that you wouldn't leave within a ten mile radius of your bird; you, however, fit more into the should've been a stillborn/ witless turd category of cunts.

Keeping It Simple 07.26.2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

As you say, Britain's populated mostly by cunts. In mine and Jon Boy's case, we're the witty, erudite and dashing kind of cunt that you wouldn't leave within a ten mile radius of your bird; you, however, fit more into the should've been a stillborn/ witless turd category of cunts.

Only a cunt would make excuses for being a cunt.

Glice 07.26.2010 06:38 AM

Only an utter cunt would decry other people for being cunts whilst displaying the properties of cuntitude in such an asinine and guileless fashion.

demonrail666 07.26.2010 06:51 AM

Cunts are ok. They garner a bit of respect and can often be the difference between a good time and a mediocre one. It's the wankers you need to avoid. I'd much rather live in a country full of cunts than one filled with wankers.