Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   BitTorrent Announcements <Live music downloads at dimeadozen.org> (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6368)

atari 2600 09.23.2006 09:47 PM

BitTorrent Announcements <Live music downloads at dimeadozen.org>

nocturnalnph is reseeding the Live 'Trane Underground series and now is as good a time as any to start this thread that I've been meaning to for awhile.

SonikJesus 09.24.2006 01:19 AM

Fuck, I'm almost out of HD space. Now I really need to start burning all of these torrents on my HD and stop putting it off. Those Radiohead DVDs look awesome.

atari 2600 09.24.2006 01:22 AM

It's a constant issue for me as well, but still worth the time and energy expended. I priced some external hard drives today and read some online consumer reviews for that very reason. I ended up just buying a 100 spindle of TDK CD-Rs that were on sale for fourteen bucks.
I have several other computers besides the XP I'm writing this message on, but they are all Macs and none of them even have OS X which is a minimum requirement to use Tomato or one of the other Mac-based clients; it would be nice to get at some of that hard drive space. Sometimes, I shuffle files around all the other hard drives though.

SonikJesus, please join me in the future and add any torrent announcements here to this thread for any shows that you see that look particularly good.

HaydenAsche 09.24.2006 10:50 AM

If someone could do me a huge favor and upload that "Breakfast with Radiohead" I'd be forever greatful.

TheDom 09.24.2006 10:57 AM

BIG BLACK Paard van Troje Den Haag The Netherlands 1986

Melvins - April 23, 1987 - Washington DC - EXCELLENT INCOMPLETE SOUNDBOARD

Tokolosh 09.24.2006 12:54 PM

The John Coltrane rarities sounds good. Thanks.

SonikJesus 09.24.2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
It's a constant issue for me as well, but still worth the time and energy expended. I priced some external hard drives today and read some online consumer reviews for that very reason. I ended up just buying a 100 spindle of TDK CD-Rs that were on sale for fourteen bucks.
I have several other computers besides the XP I'm writing this message on, but they are all Macs and none of them even have OS X which is a minimum requirement to use Tomato or one of the other Mac-based clients; it would be nice to get at some of that hard drive space. Sometimes, I shuffle files around all the other hard drives though.

SonikJesus, please join me in the future and add any torrent announcements here to this thread for any shows that you see that look particularly good.

Yeah, I'll be on the lookout.

About the blank cds. Does it really matter what brand or type you get? Are the expensive ones any better than the cheap ones?

atari 2600 09.24.2006 10:30 PM

Probably (but not always)...you know, the "you get what you pay for" adage and all. Although, none of them are exactly permanent, as you know. A rule of thumb is the thicker and darker bluish that the cd-r is on the bottom underside the better. I just buy what's on sale.

Tokolosh 09.25.2006 11:50 AM

Yes, but silly me forgot the password...
Shit! Can't make a new one.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.25.2006 12:41 PM

ARGH. Someone definitively tell me weather this will destroy my computer or not. I've heard some horror stories with these here torrents, but surely you all wouldn't be downloading these if this was the case. What is the verdict?

Atari, what is the setlist for that Elvis Costello show?

atari 2600 09.25.2006 12:48 PM

It's not "Live in the UK" as the back cover suggests.

Elvis Costello
Agora Ballroom
Cleveland, Ohio

12/05/77

"Angry Young Sod"

SBD/FM > ? > CDR (? generation) > WAV (EAC) > FLAC (dbpoweramp)

1 Welcome to the Working Week
2 Red Shoes
3 Hand in Hand
4 Waiting for the End of the World
5 No Action
6 Less than Zero
7 The Beat
8 No Dancing
9 Big Tears
10 Blame it on Cain
11 Little Triggers
12 Radio Radio
13 You Belong to Me
14 Pump It Up
15 Lipstick Vogue
16 Watching the Detectives
17 Miracle Man
18 Mystery Dance

Elvis Costello and the Impostors just played Austin City Limits and it aired last week. I taped it on VHS. The show was good. He let his guitar have a very nasty distorted tone on it.

HaydenAsche 09.25.2006 12:52 PM

I want this fucking Radiohead thing. Why must dimeadozen be so impossible to get into?

atari 2600 09.25.2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
ARGH. Someone definitively tell me weather this will destroy my computer or not. I've heard some horror stories with these here torrents, but surely you all wouldn't be downloading these if this was the case. What is the verdict?

Atari, what is the setlist for that Elvis Costello show?

Quote:

Originally Posted by me
the best site on the internet for the past four years running.

As in four years and never a problem...it's a dot org for cryin' out loud.
Dude, I hate to write it again, but....geez, what a milquetoast.

atari 2600 09.25.2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I want this fucking Radiohead thing. Why must dimeadozen be so impossible to get into?

Tokolosh considered it as not impossible and what do you know?...now he's a member.

Practically everyone here at this board that currently enjoys a free account first complained about not being able to get a membership & now they have one...because they persisted.

Hayden, there's Radiohead out the yin-yang that always gets posted there.

Come be part of the "chosen ones"...the 100,000 dime membership.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.25.2006 01:00 PM

That distorted tone was used heavily on his last proper 'rock' album.

No worries, Atari. My favorite color is yellow too.

TheDom 09.25.2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600

Thanks.
I was trying to find out which one to get, as I am not that big of a Coltrane fan and don't want to download a complete 12 disc set.

What's with all the recent Hendrix torrents being deleted as soon as they get seeded on dime? It is a conspiracy theory.

atari 2600 09.25.2006 02:13 PM

so much of the best live hendrix has been released
the dime moderators are all over anything like that &
sometimes they get a little too nutty with the banning

falkonarteatret '61 is from my favorite era of coltrane
my favorite things/giant steps
it sounds great and the performance is good
easily one of the top ten things i've ever gotten from the site
you should also get that '68 don cherry sbd

as far as miles
(Tokolosh commented on the coltrane rarities disc)
his best stuff is with the band after coltrane went to go do his thing
davis/hancock/carter/williams/coleman or shorter

HaydenAsche 09.25.2006 02:18 PM

I've bookmarked it. I'll check it soon.

atari 2600 09.25.2006 02:22 PM

You won't be disappointed. I know it sucks, but just keep persisting.
Accounts get deleted all the time due to inactivity or for not keeping up the share ratio. When they do, the new people get in on a first come, first served basis.

HaydenAsche 09.25.2006 02:24 PM

Awesome. My friend just got one because I was complaining and he checked. I'm fucking pissed off now.