Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Yoko Thurston & Steve Live Next Saturday (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=105409)

Sonic Al 03.15.2014 02:38 PM

Yoko Thurston & Steve Live Next Saturday

We're thrilled to welcome Yoko Ono back to Cafe OTO for two very special performances - A trio with Thurston Moore and Steve Shelley next Saturday (22 March) and an NYC-style late night set the following Tuesday (25 March) with Nels Cline and Talvin Singh.

Obviously, this is an incredibly rare opportunity to see one of the most important figures of the twentieth century avant-garde/counter-culture in such an intimate setting.

stu666 03.16.2014 08:03 AM

I will do anything to get a ticket for this....

whorefrost 03.23.2014 05:01 AM

Curious to hear after-show reports from anyone who attended!

stu666 03.23.2014 12:41 PM

It was one of the best shows I've seen, Yoko Ono has so much energy. I was interviewed after the show by her film crew but I hope they don't use that footage. I'm trying to get in again tonight. It was being professionally filmed so hopefully you'll see it soon. We were all told not to take any photos (but I took a couple)... There was a 15 minute video presentation featuring John Lennon and Yoko Ono at the start, then Thurston, Steve and Yoko performed for about 15 minutes. For the first time I've ever seen there was security present at OTO and people were a bit nervous but it was a great night.

EVOLghost 03.23.2014 01:35 PM

uhghghghghhghs so jealous. Thanks for the photos though!

whorefrost 03.23.2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
It was one of the best shows I've seen, Yoko Ono has so much energy. I was interviewed after the show by her film crew but I hope they don't use that footage. I'm trying to get in again tonight. It was being professionally filmed so hopefully you'll see it soon. We were all told not to take any photos (but I took a couple)... There was a 15 minute video presentation featuring John Lennon and Yoko Ono at the start, then Thurston, Steve and Yoko performed for about 15 minutes. For the first time I've ever seen there was security present at OTO and people were a bit nervous but it was a great night.

Thanks for photos and report, man, much appreciated!

stu666 03.23.2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
Thanks for photos and report, man, much appreciated!

I meant to say Thurston, Steve and Yoko played for 45 mins not 15! It was about an hour in total including the video at the start. I'm about to see it all again...

stu666 03.23.2014 08:41 PM

Tonight was even better and longer. I had goosebumps like never before during this performance. Seriously one of the best shows I've ever seen.

pony 03.23.2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

There was a 15 minute video presentation featuring John Lennon and Yoko Ono at the start

they played that fucking video every time i saw her perform.
last time I got so annoyed I almost screamed

greenlight 03.25.2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Tonight was even better and longer. I had goosebumps like never before during this performance. Seriously one of the best shows I've ever seen.

wow. cheers for report.