Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

louder 02.12.2016 12:09 PM

See what I'm talking about..

I told y'all the lyrics ain't the same.

Severian 02.12.2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I don't think I understand the point of Twitter. Isn't it supposed to be like a short post? But everyone does like 15 of them in a row. It's like they're making a FB post but breaking it up into single sentences. Weird.

As a journalist I really appreciate the premise of Twitter. You can get shit pumped out fast, to so many people. The character restrictions are actually probably good for writers, publicists, and anyone else who needs to remember how to give all the necessary information as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Hashtags and @'s should not be counted in the character count though. That's fucking ridiculous. You should also be able to post a link and not have the URL take up all your space.

As a consumer I hate Twitter. But I hate Facebook too. Twitter is definitely classier. I wish Facebook would die, or integrate with Tumblr. Death to the timeline!

Rob Instigator 02.12.2016 12:28 PM

What you know about a check?
What you got up in your pocket?
What you spending when you shopping, dawg?
Why you wanna go flex like you all in the mix?
Like you got some shit popping off?

Rob Instigator 02.12.2016 12:51 PM

Rae Sremmurd will be headlining the University of HOuston's Frontier Fiesta concert this spring. My wife and I will be there. Wonder who else will perform?

Severian 02.12.2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder

See what I'm talking about..

I told y'all the lyrics ain't the same.

Well that proves it then doesn't it! (Heavy sarcasm, here)

Why now louder? Kanye's been acting crazy for a decade. He's done some seriously dumb. ass. shit. and he's said some dumbass things. You've never been bothered by it.

Now all of a sudden you're on board? You really think the music was THAT bad? Come on, have you HEARD the new Wiz Khalifa? It's a musical non-entity... An absolute void of nothingness.

Yeah you're right, the lyrics aren't the same. That's because these are different songs. Ye's been all over the place lyrically for his entire career. Parts of College Dropout and Yeezus should infuriate you if this bugs you out.

I can see that you've thrown in the towel though. You're just suddenly, today, no longer on Ye's side after being a devoted and committed fab throughout his entire career.

STOP REEADING PITCHFORK AND TWITTER. Listen to the damn music, stop talking about shit that has nothing to do with it.
You're all turned around. Kanye's always been crazy, but this is a new look for you.

I hate the fucking media. Part of it, but hate it.

You've been Cloud City-Vadered, to quote the only entertaining line on the Flash this season.

Cloud city Vadered like a Bitch.

I don't know who I am anymore if I'm not Ye buddies with Louder!

NR, don't listen to this shit- go hear the album and report back to me privately. We've been compromised.

Rob Instigator 02.12.2016 01:09 PM

who cares what millionaires have to rap about? He can sell his LP to the 1%

Severian 02.12.2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
who cares what millionaires have to rap about? He can sell his LP to the 1%

So, basically, who cares about the only rappers that the general public knows about?

noisereductions 02.12.2016 01:52 PM

oh you know I always wait and hear things on my own. Heck, suffered thru Barter6 because I didn't want to talk you and louder's word for it haha.

Til then... I'm just thinking about Taylor Swift. :)

Severian 02.12.2016 02:04 PM

Listening to this "awful" album right now.

It's easily the best thing I've heard in as long as I can remember.

This record has a lot in common with MBDTF. So many guest spots. So anthemic. Louder you'll come around. This shit is sick.

Severian 02.12.2016 02:18 PM

I been outta my mind a long time
I been outta my mind a long time
I be sayin' how I feel at the wrong time
Might not come when you want but I'm on time

Hey, I heard about the good news
Ya'll been sleepin on me huh, had a good snooze?
Wake up nigga wake up
It's time to get the paper
I can't let these people play me
Name one genius that ain't crazy
This is classic Kanye! And a freestyle no less!

Rob Instigator 02.12.2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
So, basically, who cares about the only rappers that the general public knows about?

yes. fuck the general public.

Rob Instigator 02.12.2016 03:23 PM

You guys know that there is NO SUCH THING AS FREESTYLE? All these fuckers write all their wack shit and practice it endlessly and pretend like it is coming off the cuff "freestyle."

You drank the kool aid.

louder 02.12.2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Rae Sremmurd will be headlining the University of HOuston's Frontier Fiesta concert this spring. My wife and I will be there. Wonder who else will perform?

I love Rae Sremmurd. Y'all are gonna have a blast.

louder 02.12.2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Well that proves it then doesn't it! (Heavy sarcasm, here)

Why now louder? Kanye's been acting crazy for a decade. He's done some seriously dumb. ass. shit. and he's said some dumbass things. You've never been bothered by it.

Now all of a sudden you're on board? You really think the music was THAT bad? Come on, have you HEARD the new Wiz Khalifa? It's a musical non-entity... An absolute void of nothingness.

Yeah you're right, the lyrics aren't the same. That's because these are different songs. Ye's been all over the place lyrically for his entire career. Parts of College Dropout and Yeezus should infuriate you if this bugs you out.

I can see that you've thrown in the towel though. You're just suddenly, today, no longer on Ye's side after being a devoted and committed fab throughout his entire career.

STOP REEADING PITCHFORK AND TWITTER. Listen to the damn music, stop talking about shit that has nothing to do with it.
You're all turned around. Kanye's always been crazy, but this is a new look for you.

I hate the fucking media. Part of it, but hate it.

You've been Cloud City-Vadered, to quote the only entertaining line on the Flash this season.

Cloud city Vadered like a Bitch.

I don't know who I am anymore if I'm not Ye buddies with Louder!

NR, don't listen to this shit- go hear the album and report back to me privately. We've been compromised.

You're being too defensive right now. I'm not attacking you nor anyone else here dude. I love Kanye and want this album to be great. I never cared what the media says..

Rob Instigator 02.12.2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

I love Rae Sremmurd. Y'all are gonna have a blast.

The UH newspaper had a poll of a dozen or so students and none of them knew who Rae Sremmurd was and the ones that pretended to thought it was one guy. How is it that a 42 year old ex-metalhead, ex-punk, LSD-casualty knows and blast Rae Sremmurd tracks and the kids do not? WHAT ARE THEY LISTENING TO???????????

hahahhaha

louder 02.12.2016 04:11 PM

Some songs were very enjoyable for me. Some weren't. It sounded unfinished and lacked direction. We'll see if my opinion changes when the album drops.

louder 02.12.2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

The UH newspaper had a poll of a dozen or so students and none of them knew who Rae Sremmurd was and the ones that pretended to thought it was one guy. How is it that a 42 year old ex-metalhead, ex-punk, LSD-casualty knows and blast Rae Sremmurd tracks and the kids do not? WHAT ARE THEY LISTENING TO???????????

hahahhaha

That's what's up! Weird though.. I thought "the kids" were crazy about this duo.

louder 02.12.2016 04:14 PM

One rapper I think Rob might totally love is Schoolboy Q.

Danny Brown as well, maybe?

Rob Instigator 02.12.2016 04:17 PM

I think that since the current wave of hip hop is purely based around stripper anthems, and that most of the hot new tracks are bumpin' out of Magic City in Atlanta, instead of a large media marketplace like NYC (where hip hop was born and where it has rotted on the vine) and LA, (where every fucking goddamn rapper still sounds like G-Funk-Lite) these "kids are just not exposed to it.

Over the past month my wife and I have noticed that the hip hop radio stations in Houston (93.7, 97.9) are playing all the cats that we have been listening to for the past 8 months or so, from Rae Sremmurd, to Rich Homie Quan to TY $ to Kevin Gates to Future. I guess no one under 30 is listening to the radio anymore.

Rob Instigator 02.12.2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

One rapper I think Rob might totally love is Schoolboy Q.

Danny Brown as well, maybe?

Schoolboy Q performed at UH last year. I missed it.

Who is this Makonnen guy that is gonna teach me how to whip it? https://youtu.be/nAPw_bmwxhQ

Earlier today I heard someone drive by who was blasting El Chapo Jr by 2Chains. Never heard that track outside my own speakers.... https://youtu.be/C6ZnwuhqALY

I dig this Doughbeezy track (Pass the Swisher) but do not know anything else from him https://youtu.be/SqO_RqUTjsc

Why does Bobby Shmurda not open his mouth when he raps? ha! https://youtu.be/vJwKKKd2ZYE