Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   For anyone from outside of the US that has ordered something from the store (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=18593)

Kina 12.29.2007 07:47 PM

For anyone from outside of the US that has ordered something from the store

Any comments or experiences? Did you get your stuff on time etc?

greenlight 12.29.2007 11:05 PM

kung fu shop you mean? I haven't yet. I've ordered some stuff from the ecstatic peace for first time and I'm wondering myself how long does it takes. this is a 3rd. week since I've put my order and it didn't arrive yet (to Europe). I think it takes quite some time, alright.

jakeonguitar 12.30.2007 02:19 AM

I'm in the US and a good 2000 miles away from the Ecstatic Peace address. When I usually order from them with the cheapest shipping possible, it usually comes in 3 business days after ship date.

This is of course much different for Europe. You probably have already, but I would suggest sending them an email asking what's up, or contacting the shipping service.

As for Kung Fu within the US, their shipping is usually good. I get my orders (CDs, shirts are all I have ordered) within 5 business days of when I order. But then again, this is just for US orders. Sorry I can't help.

sonicl 12.30.2007 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kina
Any comments or experiences? Did you get your stuff on time etc?

Kung-Fu Nation suffered a fire in their warehouse towards the end of last year which caused them no end of problems. But once things are in the post, it takes a long time for them to reach overseas destinations - my last purchase from them was posted on 30 November and arrived (in the UK) on Christmas Eve.

Have you had an email from them confirming despatch? If you haven't, then the problem is at their end, so you should email them - use the contact us page on their website. If you have had a despatch email, the problem is with the postal service and Kung Fu Nation say they can't do anything until six weeks after the item was posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
kung fu shop you mean? I haven't yet. I've ordered some stuff from the ecstatic peace for first time and I'm wondering myself how long does it takes. this is a 3rd. week since I've put my order and it didn't arrive yet (to Europe). I think it takes quite some time, alright.

Ecstatic Peace were pretty quick when I used them - took about ten days, if I remember right.

Kina 12.30.2007 03:52 AM

I haven't ordered anything from them yet, I was considering it though just due to the fact that they seem to have a wider range of stock than other suppliers, like the girls tops etc. Jakeonguitar mentioned a cheapest option, I didn't know there are different options available, is that like a priority post is more expensive type deal? Otherwise, maybe there are some Aussies on here that know of a good distributor for the area?

PAULYBEE2656 12.30.2007 06:55 AM

ive never had a problem with either e.p. or kung fu. always within the accepted 28 days delivery thingy!

stu666 12.30.2007 07:07 AM

i havn't had any real problems with kung fu or e.p everything has arrived in the end although some things have taken a couple of months to get here and other times they'll take just over a week.

i am still waiting for my e.p t-shirt though anyone else got theirs yet?

terminal pharmacy 12.30.2007 07:11 AM

i haven't had any issues with the store and i am from adelaide Kina

sonicl 12.30.2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666

I've got mine, yeah, it arrived quite quick. I have to lose a few pounds before I can wear it though.

greenlight 12.30.2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666

that's what I'm waiting for. it still didnt arrive. I've ordered it on 11th. this month. you?

stu666 12.30.2007 01:58 PM

i think i ordered mine november 28

nicfit 12.30.2007 02:33 PM

it's totally off topic, but a cd sent me from usa on november 26th arrived yesterday. stupid customs times.

Kina 12.30.2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
i haven't had any issues with the store and i am from adelaide Kina

That's good to hear, do you prefer them to Aussie distributors? What's the delivery cost like?

Kina 12.30.2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I've got mine, yeah, it arrived quite quick. I have to lose a few pounds before I can wear it though.

hehe yeah that's another thing, when buying shirts in the actual stores (like in Red Eye in Sydney) I found that I'm a different size for different brands, like I am a medium in girls usually but then a medium or a small in guys sizes sometimes, I'm a girls size 10 though in normal Aussie clothes sizes, how can I tell which size to order when getting it from Kung Fu?

Everyneurotic 12.30.2007 08:08 PM

haven't bought anything from the store because shipping costs are astronomical.

terminal pharmacy 12.30.2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kina
hehe yeah that's another thing, when buying shirts in the actual stores (like in Red Eye in Sydney) I found that I'm a different size for different brands, like I am a medium in girls usually but then a medium or a small in guys sizes sometimes, I'm a girls size 10 though in normal Aussie clothes sizes, how can I tell which size to order when getting it from Kung Fu?

i think they have the measurements there somewhere Kina. And on the do I prefer them to Aussie distributors, the answer is no, I live behind the best record store in South Australia so I usually go there, but some things I wouldn't bother with ordering from my local such as say the SY coffee mugs. Red eye is a great store, I go there everytime I go to Sydney.... I will probably spend a nice amount when I am there for the whole of september....

sonicl 12.31.2007 03:48 AM

The sizes of the t-shirts from Kung Fu are the same those from American Apparel, Kina. Here's links to their size vharts for women and men.

Like a few people have said, though, postage isn't cheap. You can find out exactly how much it is by adding the items you want to your cart, and then using the shipping estimator. As an example, depending on how fast you wanted it, a men's t-shirt would cost a minimum of US$10 and a maximum of US$30 to ship to Australia.

Okay, the prize for my helpfulness is that I get to be nosey: What are you thinking of buying?

EvdWee 12.31.2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
ive never had a problem with either e.p. or kung fu. always within the accepted 28 days delivery thingy!

same here

Kina 12.31.2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
The sizes of the t-shirts from Kung Fu are the same those from American Apparel, Kina. Here's links to their size vharts for women and men.

Like a few people have said, though, postage isn't cheap. You can find out exactly how much it is by adding the items you want to your cart, and then using the shipping estimator. As an example, depending on how fast you wanted it, a men's t-shirt would cost a minimum of US$10 and a maximum of US$30 to ship to Australia.

Okay, the prize for my helpfulness is that I get to be nosey: What are you thinking of buying?

Thanks for the help, so I guess the only reason I would use them is if it's something that the Aussie shops can't get. Well I was thinking of getting a raglan girls shirt like this one. I like the raglan style but I don't think I could get it through Red Eye:

Kina 12.31.2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
i think they have the measurements there somewhere Kina. And on the do I prefer them to Aussie distributors, the answer is no, I live behind the best record store in South Australia so I usually go there, but some things I wouldn't bother with ordering from my local such as say the SY coffee mugs. Red eye is a great store, I go there everytime I go to Sydney.... I will probably spend a nice amount when I am there for the whole of september....

Yeah the mug is tempting and so is the beach towel and beanie!