Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

PAULYBEE2656 07.31.2008 09:14 AM

Spartak Moscow striker Roman Pavlyuchenko is already in talks with Tottenham. BBC Sport says the Russia international has discussed personal terms with Spurs officials as he prepares to move to London.
The 26-year-old Russia international met representatives from the north London club last week, although no deal has been agreed yet.
The £15m-rated Pavlyuchenko impressed during Euro 2008, scoring three goals.

ive just wet myself!

Bertrand 07.31.2008 05:02 PM

... and Bentley has just joined them...
Santa Cruz will be to Blackburn what Anelka was to Bolton last year, the best player, and the one who leaves the sinking ship.

Death & the Maiden 08.01.2008 01:50 AM

Liverpool have signed Robbie Keane.

PAULYBEE2656 08.03.2008 05:54 AM

spurs talks with arshavin has broke down. palychencko looks likely. bently and modric... man spurs are looking good!!!! berbs staying for the moment!! wouldnt it be nice to finish ahead of the pool!

the ikara cult 08.11.2008 11:14 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62gcFkBHMQ

I just want everyone to see this if they havent already. He's Finished!

demonrail666 08.11.2008 11:26 AM

It reminds me of another guy on talksport once arguing that Sven should be sacked for ignoring Ryan Giggs.

Sonic Youth 37 08.15.2008 03:32 PM

I've watch more football in the past week than is probably allowed by America law since discoveing that I get GolTV and FoxSoccerChannel now. At least 2 matches a day, sometimes 4.
Last one was live FC Bayern Munich-2, Hamburg-2

PAULYBEE2656 08.16.2008 08:15 AM

cmon the spurs.. it starts now... can we break into the top 4...maybe if we beat boro away today!!! first day nerves and expectations to be dashed in 2 hours or so!!

Sonic Youth 37 08.16.2008 10:56 AM

I'm still stunned over that 94th minute goal to put Blackburn over Everton.

demonrail666 08.16.2008 11:22 AM

West Ham have turned over Wigan but it is Wigan, no disrespect to them, but there's obviously gonna be bigger challenges ahead. Still, three points is three points and if we can continue to get results against the teams more likely to struggle, we should at least be safe.

the ikara cult 08.16.2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
cmon the spurs.. it starts now... can we break into the top 4...maybe if we beat boro away today!!! first day nerves and expectations to be dashed in 2 hours or so!!

Still, i think Darren Bent is gonna come good this season, especially once Berbatov goes and we re-sign Sergei Rebrov.

PAULYBEE2656 08.17.2008 05:54 AM

BERBATOV SHOULD EITHER BE PLAYED OR SIMPLY BE DROPPED! END OF STORY. BERB AND LEDLY ON THE BENCH.. I WILL BE SUPRISED IF BENT DOES COME GOOD. I DONT THINK MUCH OF HIM TO BE HONEST. GIOVANNI LOOKS THE BUSINESS AND BENTLEY LOOKED OK, IF A BIT RASH! WE NEED A STRIKER BIG TIME....

fuck caps lock! sorry.....

we are totally unthreatening going forward..... and we say we wont miss keane.. jesus we do! we need a star striker now.. berbatov surely is bringing the team down with this whole scenario... eiter play or dont play!

first day depression.. i should be used to that by now tho......

MellySingsDoom 08.17.2008 06:21 AM

I see Crystal Palace got hammered by Preston 2-0 yesterday. Ugh. Come on Palace, pull your fingers out, for crying out loud!

Death & the Maiden 08.17.2008 06:47 AM

Liverpool beat Sunderland 1-0.

demonrail666 08.17.2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
we are totally unthreatening going forward..... and we say we wont miss keane.. jesus we do! we need a star striker now.. berbatov surely is bringing the team down with this whole scenario... eiter play or dont play!

first day depression.. i should be used to that by now tho......

Ramos is a quality manager and you do underachieve, but I don't think I've ever seen a really complete Spurs team since at least Perryman was captain. They always seem a good three or four players short.

It's impossible now for any but the top four (maybe even just MU and Chelsea) to really build a team. You bring in someone you can begin to build around and then, when they start to perform, they fuck off to the sunshine, the kings road or Old Trafford. Something needs to be done about it. It wouldn't be difficult. Any player that wants to break their contract is free to do so, but they aren't allowed to play for another club for three years. It works that way for a lot of people that work for banks, I don't know why football can't adopt it. A player's contract would actually mean something at last. Whatever happens, if things stay the same as they are there really will just be half a dozen competitive teams in the whole of Europe.

End of gripe.

PAULYBEE2656 08.18.2008 09:08 AM

yeah its true.. i mean if berbatov goes from spurs to man u, that is gonna be the end of spurs ever trying to achieve something great. they will become a feeder toteam, essentially mid table......no more no less....

berbatov has a 4 year contract... he got sulky and moody after a few months, then look at him when we won the league cup..... amazing commitment and passion for the game, for spurs but now he wants out because he cant play top european football... he is an amazingly gifted player, possibly the greatest player ever to put on a spurs shirt but now he wants to break his 4 year contract after only 2 to play for a team in the champions league..... and he is allowed to sulk and i believe bring down the morale of the squad! i mean bent isnt great, i wasnever a fan, giovanni is good but he is young.. after that we have no one.. we have stopped looking at arshavin, we have stopped pursuing paulychenko, michael owen rumours was bullplop. we might get saha from united if berbs goes... we have no strikeforce at all!!! its scary times at the lane but also exciting times too, i mean bently and modric.. amazing signings and hopefully they will do ok but we need hard hitting forwards too!!!

as for robbie keane, i really hope he does well at the pool, they have got a dedicated, enthusiastic and LOYAL player in keano and he is lioving his childhood dream for the pool. i sicerely hope when the pool play at white hart lane the yid posse give him a standing ovation because he truly deserves it......

gualbert 08.18.2008 10:27 AM

A bit-off-topic question: why in football , there's an irish team , a scottish team, a welsh team , and in the olympic games , there's just "Great Britain"??

demonrail666 08.18.2008 10:32 AM

It's an ongoing debate. The individual nations within the UK have their own Football Associations but the olympic commitee is independent. Some people think we should have a Great Britain football team anyway, but in all honesty, as a national team, it's hard to think of too many candidates that'd make the team outside of the current England set-up. Certainly Ryan Giggs would've been a shoe in a few years ago, and maybe Robbie Keane now, but not too many others.

_slavo_ 08.18.2008 10:37 AM

Craig Bellamy, perhaps?

PAULYBEE2656 08.18.2008 11:17 AM

ireland is not part of the united kingdom or the u.k. or great britain!!

ireland is an independent country since 1916!!!!! we dont have anything to do with the queen...

northern ireland or ulster is part of the u.k.

so robbie keane, damnien duff and the rest cant and wouldnt play for great britain!!!