Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The official noise thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=294)

shentov 03.27.2006 05:17 AM

koroshiya and japanese businessman have decent noise on myspace.

whorefrost 03.27.2006 06:02 AM

wolf eyes are the shit, i love them.... dead machines, i have their ecstatic peace LP... not bad but not something i listen to that often... fits in with wolf eyes more atmospheric noise like Asylum Style and Fuck Pete Larsen... I remember listning to shit like that whilst reading Dennis Cooper and Bret Easton ellis' Less than Zero... fit perfectly... i don't care what anyone says Burned Mind is a classic... the anthony braxton thing is awesome as well...

yellow swans pretty much suck...

hair police are overrated...

hanatarsh, early black dice and magik markers are what i'm all about...

Incesticide 03.27.2006 06:59 AM

http://www.myspace.com/urailroad

A French Band.

Toilet & Bowels 03.27.2006 08:20 AM

yeah, i've seen yellow swans twice and they were very boring both times. wolf eyes however are shit hot live.

Onani Nic 03.27.2006 09:40 AM

burnt mind is a classic, wolf eyes rule because they have fun!! A lot of noise is so noodley and acedemic, where as Wolf Eyes just kick out some fun jams.

I made a mix CD for my little brother and some of his friends. It was mostly rock/punk/post-punk type stuff. The most far out track on it was Wolf Eyes- Village Oblivia. Three kids hated it so much they started a parody band called Ape Fist, its not really funny at all but here it is.....

http://www.myspace.com/apefistrulz

Inhuman 03.27.2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Arab on Radar is god.

Not noise but no-wave/orgasm-core. I love AOR.

Yeah you gotta love them. I love it, in the album that I have, the opening line is "Sometimes I just gotta' jack off".

golden child 03.27.2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
HIJOKAIDAN
INCAPACITANTS
OUTERMOST
KNURL
GEROGERIGEGEGE
HERMIT
THIRDORGAN
K2
HATERS
GOVERNMENT ALPHA

the real japanoise shit. I don't know, I don't like US noise like Wolf Eyes and Hair Police that much. Japan is good, Nippon daichi.

fuck yeah! slavo knows where its at!

TheDom 03.27.2006 06:50 PM

maaaaaaaaaaan
A Panegyric To The Things I Do Not Understand is FUCKING AWESOME!

Even if you don't like Magik Markers, check this out. It's AMAZING

HaydenAsche 03.27.2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Yeah you gotta love them. I love it, in the album that I have, the opening line is "Sometimes I just gotta' jack off".

Ahh. Yahweh or the Highway. An absolute modern classic.

RIPfrey05 03.27.2006 07:56 PM

hmmm.....i dislike all those harshnoise fools.. they are boring.. i like
prurient
wolf eyes
pople affiliated with wolf eyes
magik markers
double leopards
myself

Gainsbarre 03.27.2006 07:58 PM

www.myspace.com/arthurrules

If any of you guys/gals is bored...

Gainsbarre 03.27.2006 08:41 PM

And let me know what you think...

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 03.27.2006 09:38 PM

ill give it a listen tomorrow. My computers screwing up. it wont open anything. + plus i have to go to bed.
peace

Hip Priest 03.28.2006 11:12 AM

I find Leslie Keffer quite intriguing.

TheDom 03.28.2006 08:06 PM

bump, because I like this thread.

seriously, the new Magik Markers is amazing. Go buy it now.
and regarding Hair Police, the History Of Ghost Dad cd-r is MUCH better than Blow Out Your Blood.

and yes, Yahweh Or The Highway is hot shit.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.28.2006 08:16 PM

www.myspace.com/spectralexperiment

My favorite one on there is keyboard improv no. 1- just chords on crappy keyboard with an octave effect- letting the octave effect's glitches ring out and fade away.

HaydenAsche 03.28.2006 08:54 PM

Also, this isn't noise but they played shows with Wolf Eyes so they deserve a mention.

BATTLES!

_slavo_ 03.31.2006 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golden child
fuck yeah! slavo knows where its at!

cheers dude!

waltercarson 03.31.2006 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I find Leslie Keffer quite intriguing.

yeah, keffer rules - her set with thurston @ nofun was really rad. here are some other noise dudes that no one's mentioned that i really like..
runzelstirn & gurgelstock
sudden infant
MSBR
sick llama
decaer pinga
cheers, wc
ps - i agree that solo Dilloway is better than Wolf Eyes proper..

The 97th Hammer 03.31.2006 07:44 PM

I like DYS more on record than live, which is ironic in that many of their records were recorded live. I think it's because the sound makes more sense removed from the context of them not moving. Did like Hair Police but went off them cept for the Rattler's Echo CD-R. Only Wolf Eyes I ever listen to anymore is Slicer.
Do have a bit of harsh stuff, namely Prurient, Whithouse and LHD.It'sMostly for the purpose of flushing my head out;If stuff like that won't clear your head nothing will. If we're inclduing No-Wave then I like to drive off my enemies with Gang Wizard. Magik Markers are O.K. on record but what I really want to do is see them live.