Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   bowling thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39002)

atsonicpark 03.18.2010 04:16 AM

bowling thread

anyone else love to go bowling?

I am a natural bowler. I thought I was terrrible at sports of any type, but within a few bowling games, I was getting nearly 200 points a game. I love to bowl!

nicfit 03.18.2010 04:19 AM

I think about it as a game, not as a sport, but I damn love it.
Jesus.

atsonicpark 03.18.2010 04:25 AM

I typically use medium-sized, 8 lbs balls. Even though I'm smaller (120 lbs), I don't like the lighter balls because they don't seem to knock down all the pins, and they drift too much.

nicfit 03.18.2010 04:46 AM

Too light balls are for pussies. Heavier ones are annoying, coz you need more time to get the hang of their "reactions" (especially if you don't play much often). I usually go for medium-heavy ones (I think around 12-13lbs?), tipically in blue-dark blue colour in alleys around here.

chrome noise tape 03.18.2010 07:06 AM

what is bowling ? i play pétanque

Keeping It Simple 03.18.2010 07:17 AM

I went once last year. Got my ass kicked by my opponent. It wasn't totally humiliating as I scored a couple of strikes, which was cool.

SONIC GAIL 03.18.2010 08:19 AM

In highschool me and my man would skip school and go bowling. Probably the last time I went.

!@#$%! 03.18.2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

anyone else love to go bowling?

I am a natural bowler. I thought I was terrrible at sports of any type, but within a few bowling games, I was getting nearly 200 points a game. I love to bowl!

i would like to cuddle with disappointment, but i hate to wear other people's shoes-- utterly disgusting. since i'm not a frequent player, i don't have my own pair, and since i don't play often, i can't justify the purchase, hence i remain separated from this pastime by a chasm filled with toe fungus and tautology.

SONIC GAIL 03.18.2010 08:26 AM

I bought some at the thrift store.

!@#$%! 03.18.2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I bought some at the thrift store.

used?

SONIC GAIL 03.18.2010 08:39 AM

slightly. not stinky. i bought them 9 years ago

!@#$%! 03.18.2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

slightly. not stinky. i bought them 9 years ago

i shudder at the thought of pre-worn shoes. even shoe-shopping for new stuff gives me the willies-- somebody could have tried it before me. life-- fucking DEADLY.

ps= i've never shopped at thrift stores, only sold-- i've tried-- but the smell of other people on me makes me ill.

SONIC GAIL 03.18.2010 08:45 AM

those would be the only used shoes I have. i don't like the thought of other peoples foot leftovers

i used to do the thrift store thing. if you look hard at the mall and target you can find better prices on new clothes.

!@#$%! 03.18.2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

if you look hard at the mall and target you can find better prices on new clothes.

yes. new = good. old = smelly. fuckit. people disgust me.

phoenix 03.18.2010 09:49 AM

i do alright. Strike(neon bowling with more alcohol) is fun but the lanes are always so crappy... Booze and bowling and laser tag for the afternoon is a rad combo though and how i spent many tuesdays last yr..

phoenix 03.18.2010 09:51 AM

gail i love thrift store shopping. Most store clothes are boring.

floatingslowly 03.18.2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yes. new = good. old = smelly. fuckit. people disgust me.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's freaked out by the shoes.

blech!

SONIC GAIL 03.18.2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
gail i love thrift store shopping. Most store clothes are boring.

i used to find coolshit there when i was younger. Now i go in and there is not much that i like. We don't have alot of cool old people getting rid of thier clothes from thier youth here i guess. usually the prices are rather steep for a thrift store these days. i did buy a cool beanie last year from there. I am strictly a clearance shopper. I will only buy clothes that are on major sale. i find that the stuff left over and most people don't want is just perfect for my taste. i will dig through clothes forever my husband hates to shop with me

jon boy 03.18.2010 11:50 AM

i fucking love bowling! go every chance i get.

Rob Instigator 03.18.2010 12:05 PM

I have not bowled in a year or so but I usd to go often. high score is 215