Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Arrested Development film in theaters next year (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=55032)

cryptowonderdruginvogue 07.28.2011 04:22 PM

Arrested Development film in theaters next year

according to Will Arnett
:B

atsonicpark 07.28.2011 09:34 PM

JUST started watching this show TODAY. Without knowing anything about a film or anything. Just thought it was time to start watching.

I'm 3 episodes in. Digging it so far.

Honestly, I'm mainly watching it for David Cross, I'm a HUGE Mr. Show fan...

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.29.2011 01:17 AM

Haven't they been hinting at this for a while now? What makes it more official now than before?

I want answers, Crytpo.

Count Mecha 07.31.2011 03:39 PM

David Cross honestly is probably the best part of the show. All of his transformations are amazing. Though Gob and Lucille are my favorites.

batreleaser 08.01.2011 06:53 PM

a friend of mine was interning at an agency in LA and ran into Arnett and Bateman in an elevator, I can only hope they were discussing the movie. It will be phenomenal.

Jeremy 08.04.2011 01:31 AM

My favorite show of all time. Nothing comes close to how quotable this show is, in my opinion.

~Jeremy~

E. Noisefield 08.04.2011 09:38 AM

I wish I could quote this show, but quoting it wouldn't do it justice...

It's unquotable.

It's the best comedy show ever.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.04.2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
It's the best comedy show ever.

DeadDiscoDildo 08.04.2011 03:43 PM

It's better than Curb your enthusiasm. Although, I've not seen nearly enough of curb. I just think Arrested Developement had a better cast, and Ron Howard narrating is awesome.

DeadDiscoDildo 08.04.2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
JUST started watching this show TODAY. Without knowing anything about a film or anything. Just thought it was time to start watching.

I'm 3 episodes in. Digging it so far.

Honestly, I'm mainly watching it for David Cross, I'm a HUGE Mr. Show fan...

Wait until the Mrs. Doubtfire episode.

I think the whole cast is great though. Really Lindsay is the only weak link, and she's pretty solid.

I honestly can't pick a favorite character...sometimes Jeffrey Tambor steals the show in my opinion.

I think the strongest point of the show is just Michael's relationship with each family member and his back and forths.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.04.2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
It's better than Curb your enthusiasm. Although, I've not seen nearly enough of curb. I just think Arrested Developement had a better cast, and Ron Howard narrating is awesome.

I've seen both series in their entirety, and for my money - nothing even comes close to Curb.

Don't get me wrong, I love AD; but Curb is KING (next to Buffy of course... :o )

fugazifan 08.05.2011 11:27 AM

jason bateman was on john stewart the other day and said that he doesnt want to say too much but that he hopes that mitchell hurwutz gets everything that he asks for.
so i guess it is in that stage of production.

Count Mecha 08.05.2011 09:17 PM

Jason is just the perfect straight man in this series. The whole show is really a perfect exercise in perfect casting. No talent wasted anywhere in the show. Though Mabey was my least favorite part of the show, even she was pretty good.

DeadDiscoDildo 08.06.2011 03:11 PM

But without maebe george michael would have been nothing! I would just count both of them as one casting. It's the awkward situation between them that was casted.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.06.2011 07:49 PM

I'm excited for the movie. Hopefully it's better than season 3 was.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.06.2011 08:30 PM

Anyone else feel that season 3 wasn't exactly up to par with the first two?

Count Mecha 08.06.2011 08:46 PM

I've heard alot of people say that actually. I never really got why. All three seasons feel pretty seamless to me. But to be fair it's been a long time since I watched the show, four years probably. So I don't remember when happens where. Except for the Aztec Tomb, I remember that's in season one.

In any case, no, I didn't feel any noticeable drop in quality in season three when I watched through the show initially.

What was Tobias' big transformation in season 3? I hope it wasn't the hairplugs because that was fucking hysterical.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.06.2011 08:52 PM

Haha, I can't remember!

It's been a second since I've watched the show, I just remember things getting a little tiresome within the last season. Maybe it's time for a recap.

Count Mecha 08.06.2011 09:02 PM

Haha, well I just glanced through an episode guide for the show. The hairplugs are in season 3. But alot of that season is the Rita arc, which (as much as I fucking love Dave Thomas) got pretty tiresome indeed. So yeah, looking at those episodes again, season 3 probably wasn't amazing sure. But it has some pretty good stuff in it, the banana stand turf war was good.

Jeremy 08.08.2011 06:17 PM

The problem with season 3 is that they got cancelled halfway through, so they had a harder time trying to rap up everything in a good way. They WERE cancelled at the end of season two, but they just decided to go with what they were doing season-wise and doing a special sometime in the future to explain everything further. Obviously Fox picked them up again, then cancelled them again.

Season two is my favorite, personally.

~Jeremy~