Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Out of curiosity...... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3901)

porkmarras 07.08.2006 11:41 AM

Out of curiosity......

......what do you guys do in your spare time when you're not on here?

jon boy 07.08.2006 11:42 AM

play music, read, watch ray mears, garden, go for walks, paint, quibble

Inhuman 07.08.2006 11:49 AM

Mostly work, play guitar, read wire, and hang with my girlfriend. I play final fantasy on occasion, but the board's more important so I usually put it aside.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 07.08.2006 12:04 PM

party, hang out, work (self employment rules)

its summer time, baby! woooo.

edit: oh and im also in a band.
"The Lilypad of Death And Destruction"
but we only jam out when we're tripping...
and i mean we dont jam much, but when we do, crazy shit goes down.

LittlePuppetBoy 07.08.2006 02:01 PM

practice my drawing, work, play video games, watch tv, go outside, play with the animals, listen to music, practice bass

h8kurdt 07.08.2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
garden,

God I can't wait till I move out and get me own garden. It seems very thearaputic to me.

Listen to music, sleep (been doing this alot more recently, god knows why), watch films (mrs doubtfire right now, :o hehe), read. The usual crap.

luxinterior 07.08.2006 02:09 PM

Books, movies, music, basketball, hanging out with my brothers, watching Law & Order.

acousticrock87 07.08.2006 02:10 PM

I'm not sure. I try to get out to concerts, but usually I either work or play guitar. Sometimes I'll play video games, but no so much anymore.

luxinterior 07.08.2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I'm not sure. I try to get out to concerts, but usually I either work or play guitar. Sometimes I'll play video games, but no so much anymore.

Concerts are something that I only do every couple months or so, on average.

I used to play video games all the time, but the only systems I'm familiar with enough to enjoy are Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and N64. Even with N64 there were only a few games that I could actually get used to playing. For the most part, it was just too different from what I was used to.

PAULYBEE2656 07.08.2006 04:27 PM

upload shit, download shit, listen to shit, take a shit (sorry), play with the kidz, eat, drink, smoke, watch my beloved motor racing, talk to people and drive

Pookie 07.08.2006 04:59 PM

Do LOTS of stuff with my daughter, plus all the usual stuff: eat, drink, listen to music, read, concerts (just seen Carter USM's Jim Bob!), friends...

Cantankerous 07.08.2006 05:01 PM

work, fuck, eat, sleep, shit, piss, shop, listen to music.

Iain 07.08.2006 05:03 PM

Good call on Ray Mears jonboy...I have been sat on my arse watching re-runs of Ray Mears Bushcraft quite a bit recently. The one where he makes a birch bark canoe is amazing.

Pookie 07.08.2006 05:07 PM

Ray Mears was coming to do a book signing in the shop I was working in. When he arrived he was limping heavily because he'd fallen down stairs that morning. He was also about 1/2 hour late because he couldn't find his way out of the car park. True story. Nice man though.

Stick to the jungle Ray!

nomadicfollower 07.08.2006 06:01 PM

Besides reading and sleeping and the such, I've been playing the super nintendo recently, realizing, again, how much better it is than the newer systems. I've also fixed up my bike and I ride it to a creek and just sit. Very relaxing.

schizophrenicroom 07.08.2006 07:09 PM

live

h8kurdt 07.09.2006 09:15 AM

What do you do Porky?

Pookie 07.09.2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Do LOTS of stuff with my daughter.
I got kinda scared when i first read that.;)

Yeah - never noticed when I wrote it how that could sound!:o

EMMAh 07.09.2006 09:18 AM

Ummm, go to shows, hang out with my friends and smoke pot, eat, sleep, walk around, sometimes go to the movies, a couple of my friends are taking me out for dinner tomorrow because they love me hahaha.

pao-lino 07.09.2006 09:20 AM

oh, nice you asked.
In the few spare time that remain from my medicine study(but lately I'm fucking around toooo much...), I like reading, gardening (ghgh.... my cannabis plantation in a wardrobe-later I'll cut it !!yeah!), then I play in a group-but it's a seminal thing, and I play with another big friend of mine and we have a lot of fun. I'm not very sporty but thanks to my marfan-syndrome-like body I remain quite slim, although now during the soccer worldcup I triplicated my beerdrinking and now I got a berr belly and belt that I keep promising myself to eliminate...
I used to go out with many girls in the past months, but now after some episodes of madness (theirs) I'm turning quite """"""misogyn""""" and so I'm calmer.
I also go to concerts quite much.
It's a shit I don't have time to travel-FUCK. I have to study 1000+ pages everymonth...