Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113183)

!@#$%! 03.04.2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
N Korea has continued its hacking attacks since the last meeting - did N Korea think we'd not know what they were up to?
Trump did the right thing, bargaining from strength, and not giving anything up, other than a commitment to continue to talk.

then why the fuck travel there? to look into his eyes and see his soul? lmao

Skuj 03.05.2019 02:05 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...unning-in-2020

Phew!! I was getting worried that I'd have to pay someone $100, or post a pic of me wearing a MAGA hat.....I can't remember the details of the bet.

Hey, wait a minute.....doesn't someone (Bytor?) owe me something now?

!@#$%! 03.05.2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...unning-in-2020

Phew!! I was getting worried that I'd have to pay someone $100, or post a pic of me wearing a MAGA hat.....I can't remember the details of the bet.

Hey, wait a minute.....doesn't someone (Bytor?) owe me something now?

bytor yeah but it aint over till it’s over

wait till primaries deadline officially passes

but yeah, odds favor you right now

Skuj 03.05.2019 05:41 PM

Nah, she's officially out. Send me my prize now.

Skuj 03.05.2019 05:42 PM

This whole Dem documents request vs Trump pushback is going to be an absolute fucking mess.

Of course, if Trump had nothing to hide.........

Skuj 03.05.2019 07:13 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, The President Of The United States Of America:

“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!

Skuj 03.05.2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
Such a scattershot document search is known in US jurisprudence as a "fishing expedition", in which someone seeks to peruse potential evidence without genuine probable cause. The courts won't uphold it, as the targets are under no legal obligation to comply with such a request, as it is not a subpoena duces tecum, which provides the respondent with the chance to move for a court hearing to compel the issuer of the subpoena to show cause as to why the subpoena should not be quashed. In other words, the request has no legal authority backing it up.

But what about her emails?

ilduclo 03.05.2019 07:49 PM

There’s no fishing expedition. It’s a request for documents. They do not have to comply, nor likely will they. It’s largely PR. But one or two of them might send something interesting. And, there probably will be subpoenas, dookie teeku or otherwise.

!@#$%! 03.05.2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

But what about her emails?

lmaoooooooo

tw2113 03.05.2019 11:02 PM

Obama was the social media president, Trump was the trashy reality show president.

!@#$%! 03.06.2019 08:45 AM

ok, the idjit’s tariffs have given us the greatest deficit in goods ever

lmfao

commander bonespurs master backfirer

tesla69 03.06.2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
There’s no fishing expedition. It’s a request for documents. They do not have to comply, nor likely will they. It’s largely PR. But one or two of them might send something interesting. And, there probably will be subpoenas, dookie teeku or otherwise.

It is absolutely fishing - if they had anything, they would press charges, but they have nothing and are just trying to smear people.

I used to like Maddow when she was on am radio, but she's got addicted to those Benjamins!

"Narrative management is Rachel Maddow’s job, for which she is extremely well-compensated, and the more isolated she can keep her audience within a tight, narrow echo chamber, the better she can do that job. Rachel Maddow is nothing other than a cold war propagandist, rewarded like all her colleagues for promoting falsehoods to keep mainstream liberals supporting longstanding US government agendas against noncompliant nations while still letting them feel like rebels."

tesla69 03.06.2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

It is absolutely fishing - if they had anything, they would press charges, but they have nothing and are just trying to smear Trump supporters, or alleged Trump supporters.

I used to like Maddow when she was on am radio, but she's got addicted to those Benjamins!

"Narrative management is Rachel Maddow’s job, for which she is extremely well-compensated, and the more isolated she can keep her audience within a tight, narrow echo chamber, the better she can do that job. Rachel Maddow is nothing other than a cold war propagandist, rewarded like all her colleagues for promoting falsehoods to keep mainstream liberals supporting longstanding US government agendas against noncompliant nations while still letting them feel like rebels."

choc e-Claire 03.06.2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

It is absolutely fishing - if they had anything, they would press charges, but they have nothing and are just trying to smear Trump supporters, or alleged Trump supporters.

!@#$%! 03.06.2019 07:23 PM

why nobody talks about the idjit’s tariffs and his suppressed inflation backfiring

lmao!

jennifer rubin at the washington post called it

TRUMP’S ECONOMIC ILLITERACY COMES BACK TO HAUNT HIM

The Soup Nazi 03.06.2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
don’t know who is worse anymore... only positive i have for of casio is that she is not president—because she’s just like trump, a demagogue, only a different color stripe.

Never engage never engage never engage never engage oh FUCK IT — I now hate you one hundred percent. It used to be less, because your trollsome self had redeeming elements circumscribed to this thread only. But the quote above is the fucking royal flush of false equivalence and false balance.

Not that you or anyone else should care. Motor on.

Skuj 03.07.2019 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

The fuck? Are you ill?

choc e-Claire 03.07.2019 12:58 AM

I'm alright Skuj, don't worry.

I just saw tesla had doubleposted, so I thought I'd have some fun and make it a triplepost.

None of that reflects my actual beliefs - but since I don't know much about the ins and outs of the US political landscape, I have no beliefs at this point.

h8kurdt 03.07.2019 04:42 AM

Quote:

The fuck? Are you ill?

Whoosh!

ilduclo 03.07.2019 08:59 AM

Looks like BOTH Jared and Ikaka got the reacharound by Daddily for their security clearances...let’s go ahead and see these subpoenas....” dookie-tookie” or otherwise...

Hey, Chunky Schunky? What is this dookie-tookie subpoenis thingy I’m hearing about all over the news? Is it related to Donnie’s love of “the kims” (Khardy and Un)? Please share your deep knowledge of the subject matter in hand...

This is a good read:

The Cowardice of the Cover-Your-Ass Memo
Trump’s presidency has inspired a whole new type of legal writing

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ite-house.html