Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Your worst SY purchase (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13140)

atsonicpark 05.16.2007 03:20 AM

my 3 best purchases-of-cd'rs-to-burn-these:

confusion is sex/kill yr idols
hold that tiger
walls have ears

ZEROpumpkins 05.16.2007 05:53 AM

Nothing I regret. Side project and SYRs are EXTREMELY rare here. I've been after SYR1 for a year now. It took me a while to find NYC G+H, good album though.

Iain 05.16.2007 05:57 AM

What is so bad about the Paul Desmond one? Everyone seems to be hating that one...

screamingskull 05.16.2007 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Nothing I regret. Side project and SYRs are EXTREMELY rare here. I've been after SYR1 for a year now. It took me a while to find NYC G+H, good album though.

SYR1 is THE BEST!!!!, i was lucky, i bought all 6 SYR's in Manhattan really really cheap.

_DK 05.16.2007 03:37 PM

A Thousand Leaves.
Can't say it's a bad album, but I've never listened to it from start to end. The best one is EVOL.

HECKLER SPRAY 05.16.2007 03:59 PM

Yeah, it's the 3d I bought(after sister and EVOL), a really good album, with songs like Wildflower soul or Sunday...
My only worst SY purchase was SYR5 'cause the CD was broken...

CHOUT 05.16.2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by to.w
TV SHIT is definitly SHIT (I bought it for about 15 dollars...)

What I was gonna say...I saw that shit for $19.99 as an 'import' and had never heard of it (just came out at the time)...still have it but I got so ripped off.

youthoftomorrow 05.16.2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
It took me a while to find NYC G+H, good album though.

i got it on cassette about a year ago because i only had a tape player in my car. i would've regretted it had it been on CD. the title track is the only decent song on there.

CHOUT 05.16.2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youthoftomorrow
i got it on cassette about a year ago because i only had a tape player in my car. i would've regretted it had it been on CD. the title track is the only decent song on there.

Agreed...I've tried to get into it so many times.

atsonicpark 05.17.2007 02:45 AM

nyc ghosts and flowers is pretty overrated by people on this board generally... it has like 2 or 3 really good songs on it.

a thousand leaves, though, is easily their best album since daydream.

Protectmeyou 05.17.2007 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
sister is an awesome album.

that's the general concensus, but it's not mine.

ZEROpumpkins 05.17.2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youthoftomorrow

Free City Rhymes? Side 2 Side? Small Flowes? Renegade?
All good songs IMO.

And I believe ATL is overrated. Still good, but there are some cringe songs, and Hits of Sunshine and Female Mechanic just drrraaaaggg on with the same thing for ages.

fishmonkey 05.17.2007 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull

i think this is mine too.

joe11121 01.31.2009 01:28 AM

Probably Unboxed by Free kitten.

atsonicpark 01.31.2009 01:37 AM

damn, nycg&f, atl, in the fishtank 9 all rule!

My worst purchase was Kim's used panties. I was expecting a thong or something but it ended up being granny panties. Oh well.

Death & the Maiden 01.31.2009 04:05 AM

Experimental Jet Set...
Not that it's that bad, but I could live without it, and I could've spent that $20 on something better.

greedrex 01.31.2009 04:12 AM

in my time i used to buy lots of these expensive bootleg CDs. Well not lots as they weren't cheap at all, prices were outrageous.
The sound was usually very good but then from time to time, thay had be burned CDs with amateur artwork; they were cheaper and worked well.
Well, reviewing all these CDs yesterday, 4 out of 20 bootleg CDs were KNACKERED (8 to ten year old CDrs and even an original pressed CD!!!!) They are so ficked that i can't even extract the tracks to the PC to burn a fresh copy. The tracks are all muffled, sound is knackered; i can't do anything. It's not very nice.
so those.

nancykitten 01.31.2009 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
nyc ghosts and flowers is pretty overrated by people on this board generally... it has like 2 or 3 really good songs on it.

SACRELIGE.

atsonicpark 01.31.2009 06:03 AM

Changed my mind.

Chris Lawrence 01.31.2009 06:06 AM

i NEVER listen to that fishtank thing. should i give it another chance? just seemed like too many people, too much bullshit.

i have to admit, it delights me to see how many people actually paid good money for TV SHIT and basically got fucked. i would always see it in stores but it was super pricey and looked suspicious, no track list to discern whether it was worth the hefty pricetag. no internet at the time to confirm what it actually was. same deal w/ 'sonic death' but i eventually found that for $15 or something and BOY did that pay off. finally got a dub of tv shit later and heard what i was missing. felt kinda relieved. then my friend sold me his vinyl copy for like $5 and i like to throw that on every once in a while around 3am.

hey, it's 3am now!