Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Favourite Einstuerzende Neubauten Album (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25111)

Death & the Maiden 09.03.2008 02:30 AM

Favourite Einstuerzende Neubauten Album

Haus der Luege.
I get the impression this one is overlooked by EN fans, though I can't imagine why. It might be my all time favourite album. It doesn't have any bad tracks, the best being Feurio!, Haus der Luege, Fiat Lux and Schwindel.

Norma J 09.03.2008 02:39 AM

I found a torrent of their discography but it was like over 2GB so I gave it the flick. too long.

atsonicpark 09.03.2008 02:49 AM

Well, it's definitely not silence is sexy, I know that much!

Florya 09.03.2008 03:37 AM

Halber Mensch, closely followed by Patienten OT (mainly for 'Armenia')

al shabbray 09.03.2008 04:01 AM

anybody outhtere knows the "Hornbach" commercial featuring blixa reading some advertising from the market like it was beat poetry? (its a home improvement supply store).
that was one of the best series of spots (I think it was over 10) ever created, screened for just a few weeks

here I found them all in one row on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kdLm...eature=related

atsonicpark 09.03.2008 04:04 AM

If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you are asking her to do: none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy or not feeling well or genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to receive positive responses then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and forget about the rejections

pbradley 09.03.2008 04:07 AM

You are a target market.

Cantankerous 09.03.2008 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you are asking her to do: none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy or not feeling well or genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to receive positive responses then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and forget about the rejections

what the hell has that got to do with einstuerzende neubauten?

al shabbray 09.03.2008 04:10 AM

you are pbradley

atsonicpark 09.03.2008 05:42 AM

_slavo_ 09.03.2008 05:47 AM

1. Tabula Rasa (way underrated in my opinion ... and it's got Headcleaner!)
2. Haus Der Luege
3. Alles Wieder Offen (very calm and adorable)
4. Funf auf der nach oben offenen Richterskala
5. Strategies against Architecture II

Despite it having a cult status, I don't go for Kollaps that much.

Death & the Maiden 09.03.2008 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Despite it having a cult status, I don't go for Kollaps that much.

I agree, besides Tanz Debil, Kollaps and some other songs, I don't think it's that great.
My top three:
1. Haus der Luege
2. Halber Mensch
3. Funf Auf der Nach...

satirejohn 09.03.2008 06:22 AM

Haus Der Lüge and Halber Mensch probably. Followed by O.T. and Fünf auf der Nach... And Kollaps.

PAULYBEE2656 09.03.2008 08:07 AM

1. Funf auf der nach oben offenen Richterskala
2. haus der luege
3. tabula rasa
4. half mensch
5. ...patienten O.T.
6. alles wieden offen
7. ende neu
8. silence is sexy (only for the amazing bonus disc track)
9. kollaps
10. all the strategies collections- they dont really count as proper albums

theb only one io havent warmed to yet is the new one "the jewels" there is something a bit aloof about it, cant work it out.....

SuperCreep 09.03.2008 09:15 AM

Silence Is Sexy or Halber Mensch.

noisereductions 09.03.2008 09:22 AM

I've actually never listened to them. Weird, huh?

Savage Clone 09.03.2008 09:27 AM

Since high school, it's been a tie between Kollaps and Halber Mensch.

I like a lot of their other stuff too, but these two will probably always be my favorites.

Concurrence with Florya on "Armenia" being the standout on O.T.

Everyneurotic 09.03.2008 10:24 AM

hard choice, it changes from time to time.

Florya 09.03.2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Since high school, it's been a tie between Kollaps and Halber Mensch.

I like a lot of their other stuff too, but these two will probably always be my favorites.

Concurrence with Florya on "Armenia" being the standout on O.T.

'Armenia' is a great track. I couldn't believe it when I heard it on the soundtrack to 'Heat'.

My two favourite things about 'Kollaps' are ENs reworking of 'Je t'aime' and the photo on the back, the one that looks like a pisstake of the Pink Floyd photo of all their equipment laid out symetrically (I think it's on the Ummagumma album)

PAULYBEE2656 09.03.2008 02:17 PM

ha! yeah, i remember that on heat.. stunning track.....

still their version of lee hazelwoods morning dew still sends shivers up my spine everytime i hear it.. amazing vocal delivery..

blixa has to be one of the most incredible vocalists (not sigers) ever.. his use of his multi tones and volumes is/are incredible..

seemingly playing dublin very soon, heard nothing about it for a while but ill be there,.......