Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Boardie interview thread no.1- SONICGAL (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38860)

Genteel Death 03.10.2010 03:58 PM

Boardie interview thread no.1- SONICGAL

Pick a fellow boardie, start a thread, and let's collectively ask them questions. It doesn't have to be someone you like, but if you prefer it that way, so be it. In this case I picked up someone who I like and don't know much about. Of course the chances are that if you are being a dickhead to them they might either decide to ignore your questions or just be a dickhead back. But you know that already. Also, because it's meant to read like an interview, if you feel like putting across a point to them, please try formulating it in the form of questions, rather than lectures as such. If this thread idea fails, I'd just like you to know that it won't make one bit of difference to future earthquake locations, or my enjoyning Strapping Fieldhands on the stereo at all.
Q- How often do you walk your dog, if you have one?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.10.2010 04:06 PM

SonicGail:

Does the mockery and cynicism the SYG crowd directs towards your religious testimonies either a) enforces your faith or b) detracts?

I am curios because while I post quite a bit of religious material on this board, it is often cloaked in mysticism/banter/intellectualism where as your religious posts are most clearly 'testifyin' and I have always wondered what motivates you to testify/witness to a crowd of folks who honestly don't give a shit?

Genteel Death 03.10.2010 04:11 PM

Must I spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuchFriendsAreDangerous again?

_slavo_ 03.10.2010 04:15 PM

A good idea for a thread.

What's your favourite 90's rave tune?

jennthebenn 03.10.2010 04:18 PM

SonicGail--Is there, in your opinion, a greater fictional canine than Snoopy?
Elaborate if indeed you can name one.

phoenix 03.10.2010 06:02 PM

hi SonicGail,

what is yr favourite fruit?>

Glice 03.10.2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
SonicGail:

Does the mockery and cynicism the SYG crowd directs towards your religious testimonies either a) enforces your faith or b) detracts?

I am curios because while I post quite a bit of religious material on this board, it is often cloaked in mysticism/banter/intellectualism where as your religious posts are most clearly 'testifyin' and I have always wondered what motivates you to testify/witness to a crowd of folks who honestly don't give a shit?

You've just asked a question about yourself. Well done.

Sonicgail - how do you feel about people asking you questions about themself?

artsygrrl 03.10.2010 08:22 PM

SONICGAIL, my best boardie freak......how are you doing today?

ni'k 03.10.2010 08:33 PM

sonicpalin, why are you such a horrendous cunt?

jon boy 03.10.2010 08:37 PM

sonicgail - how do you feel about stupid threads?

SONIC GAIL 03.11.2010 09:26 AM

Genteel I am flattered that you picked me as your 1st boardie interview

Q- How often do you walk your dog, if you have one? I have a little chitzu. He really does not like to be outside. He's a little pussy dog. But in the morning he takes a 10 minute bathroom walk up and down our dirt road. On occasion he likes to do this in the evening as well.

SONIC GAIL 03.11.2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
SonicGail:

Great question!

a) Enforces fr sure.

I never really thought of it as testifying per say. But you could say it's true. I am who I am and sometimes, I just type out these thoughts I have. I do not separate my spirituallity from the rest of me. So most of my thought and reasoning is very connected with god. My sole purpose on here is not to come and witness. I joined because I wanted to know what other people who were obsessed with Sonic Youth were like. I know that there are alot of people out there that were not exposed to god with good connotations. I think people have distorted views because of the church's actions. I want people to know that not all people who believe in god and christ are not completely closed minded and hateful to those that are not "christians".

I know most don't give a shit. It really does not bother me. I'm just a fool on a hill. Yellin cause I have no power to do anything else.

I admire your intelect approach to the topic of spirituallity. I guess i am just more simple minded. I just believe. It is the only thing I have.

SONIC GAIL 03.11.2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
A good idea for a thread.

What's your favourite 90's rave tune?

I don't think I ever listened to rave...the closest to electronic stuff Ministry Jesus built my hot rod

SONIC GAIL 03.11.2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennthebenn
SonicGail--Is there, in your opinion, a greater fictional canine than Snoopy?
Elaborate if indeed you can name one.

There is no better than snoopy...but scooby comes pretty close in the ranking.:)

SONIC GAIL 03.11.2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
hi SonicGail,

what is yr favourite fruit?>

hmmm...grilled pinapple;)

_slavo_ 03.11.2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I guess i am just more simple minded. I just believe. It is the only thing I have.

I'm with you on this one.

SONIC GAIL 03.11.2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
You've just asked a question about yourself. Well done.

Sonicgail - how do you feel about people asking you questions about themself?

I see no problems with it. I am sure I do it all the time.

SONIC GAIL 03.11.2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl
SONICGAIL, my best boardie freak......how are you doing today?

Like shit ....trampled pissed on shit that has been smeared on a truckstop bathroom wall....but yall gave me a litttle smile today thanx:D

SONIC GAIL 03.11.2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
sonicpalin, why are you such a horrendous cunt?

I think I'm startin to like the sonicpalin nick name. It's kinda funny to see how people percieve you from what you write.

You just bring out the cunt in me nik. I am usually quite pleasant to be around. I am a very nice person, but I am just as much of a bitch as I am nice.

SONIC GAIL 03.11.2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
sonicgail - how do you feel about stupid threads?

There are stupid and not so stupid. We need an even balance. It makes us appreciate the great threads too.