Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Post your mixes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9632)

porkmarras 01.14.2007 01:28 PM

I've added sleeves for both my third mix and the first one.

Tokolosh 01.14.2007 05:50 PM

s l o w, d e e p & h a r d
D o w n l o a d 26min3sec

porkmarras 01.14.2007 05:52 PM

Cool,i'm downloading it.

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.14.2007 05:58 PM

interesting mix pork, cool cover tokolosh,

i've downloaded sound forge and i'm starting mine.

Richard Pryor on Fire 01.15.2007 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
I've added sleeves for both my third mix and the first one.

Holy pretentious asshole Batman, I've tried my best not to be obnoxious but still am a college art fuck fake faggot, please let me attach my self to some fake standards and somehow elevate myself above me peers.

porkmarras 01.15.2007 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
Holy pretentious asshole Batman, I've tried my best not to be obnoxious but still am a college art fuck fake faggot, please let me attach my self to some fake standards and somehow elevate myself above me peers.

Eh?

Richard Pryor on Fire 01.15.2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire

So you see I got this medication now, and when I take and then have a few cocktails, I get a little weird. My bad.

SynthethicalY 01.15.2007 04:25 PM

Sonic Youth-Teenage Riot (The Year Punk Broke)
Beat Happening- I Spy
Teenage Jesus and the Jerks- Orphans
The Jesus and the Mary Chain- You Trip Me Up
Hole- Malibu
Christina Rosenvinge- White Hole
Sonic Youth- Rim Thrusters

http://www.badongo.com/file/2022125

porkmarras 01.15.2007 04:56 PM

I'm listening to it now.I also still have to listen to Tokolosh's mix but i will right after this.

racehorse 01.15.2007 06:03 PM

slowly chewing my way through all the mixes on this page, and i'm liking what i'm hearing.....
i've got a bunch of ideas for my next mix, i just need to find the time to do it. maybe friday night.
see you then!

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.16.2007 08:29 AM

it starts with "towards the light" from the portuguese group the raindogs, it's out of the context of this mix which is mainly dub and noise.

apart from that, relax and enjoy.

http://www.badongo.com/file/2023664
(it's probably a piece of shit, gite it a try if you want to)

porkmarras 01.16.2007 08:31 AM

I haven't downloaded this yet but i will soon.

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.16.2007 08:34 AM

taht raindogs it's there accidentaly (stupid copy/paste), it's part of other mix i was working at, mainly nick cave, tom waits, captain beefheart, bob dylan etc. i will post it once it's finished.

_slavo_ 01.16.2007 09:52 AM

I made my first mix yesterday, appropriately titled _slavo_'s Ninja Tunes (pretty retarded, huh???).
I pretty much love it - I'll upload it tomorrow since I only have it in wav and haven't found a way to convert it to mp3 yet.

Anyway, there are things like Harris/Plotkin, I.S.O., Hermit/Thirdorgan, Black Dice, AGF, Susumu Yokota/Rothko, Muslimgauze, Birchville Cat Motel, Fly Pan Am on it.

_slavo_ 01.17.2007 01:47 PM

shiiiit
I haven't converted it yet,,....

so here's the cover at least...

porkmarras 01.17.2007 02:00 PM

Cool stuff everyone.I'm listening to Jico's and Toko's mix and a good job has been done by both.I'll probably pick a movie next and make an alternative soundtrack to it complete with samples.I'm trying to think of one at the moment.If anyone has got any ideas,they are more than welcome.

porkmarras 01.17.2007 07:38 PM

Right,so far so good.Racehorse,myself,Toko,Jico,Mama,pokkeherrie,S erpiente,_slavo_(coming up),Nicfit and Synthetic all contributed a mix.Let' try to theme the next ones.Pick up a theme(a bit like kegmama's mix) and develop it from there.

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.17.2007 07:52 PM

i choose mid-sixties psychedelic music :D

o o o 01.18.2007 04:16 AM

I finally have my internet connection back at home and I'm really looking forward to listening to all those mixes now. The links still seem to work, as yesterday I managed to download the first one in the thread (did not have the time to listen to it yet).

I would like to do one, but what software would you advise me to use in order to mix the tracks? Yesterday, I downloaded the demo of mixmeister, but as racehorse wrote, there is apparently this voice regularly insisting on the need to buy the full version. The demo of soundforge isn't ideal neither, since apparently you can only use the 60 first seconds of each track you include (not sure about this, but at least that's what I have understood). isn't there another simple and free software i could use?

porkmarras 01.18.2007 04:53 AM

Good,the more the merrier.I've only ever used Sound Forge,Mixmeister or Cool Edit Pro.If you go on some of those download websites i'm sure there must be a free program for this sort of thing.Either that or do it on tape and then convert it into a file.