Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Post your mixes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9632)

sarramkrop 11.02.2008 01:45 PM

I made this for a friend. I might as well post it on here too.

CLOCKCLEANER - VOMITING MIRRORS
PINK REASON - THROW IT AWAY
EAT SKULL - PUNK TRIPS
ACID EATER - DRIVE TO C.P.
PUMICE - SICK BAY DUVET
ALAN VEGA - EVERYONE IS A WINNER
EL - P - STEPFATHER FACTORY
THE ELECTRIC BUNNIES - EAT WORMS
PLUXUS - CARAVILLE
MELT BANANA - CRACKED PLASTER CAST
PSYCHEDELIC HORSESHIT -RATHER DULL
MF DOOM - FRIENDZ
VINCENT OVER THE SINK - I FOUND THE GENIE
THE UNITES STATES OF AMERICA - COMING DOWN
VIVIAN GIRLS - TELL THE WORLD
BLANK DOGS - EPIC MOVES
MUTATORS - INSTINCT
THE MUSLIMS - EXTINCTION
MORT KRIDEL - DREAMS
PATRIC CATANI - FIGHT THE GUARDS
CHEVEU - MY ANSWER IS YES
NICE FACE - VACANT VORTEX VAGINA
HEX DISPENSERS - THE CRONE
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j2joznmmdk5

Glice 11.02.2008 01:46 PM

71% loaded. Mixed by a spastic, in my case.

Funnily enough, I can beat match ok, and scratch to a reasonable degree (not quite club-headline standard, but back-of-a-bar standard) but you have to stick to similar-ish music then, and that's quite boring for me.

al shabbray 11.02.2008 01:46 PM

is there a timeimit for the mixes?

Glice 11.02.2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I made this for a friend. I might as well post it on here too.

CLOCKCLEANER - VOMITING MIRRORS
PINK REASON - THROW IT AWAY
EAT SKULL - PUNK TRIPS
ACID EATER - DRIVE TO C.P.
PUMICE - SICK BAY DUVET
ALAN VEGA - EVERYONE IS A WINNER
EL - P - STEPFATHER FACTORY
THE ELECTRIC BUNNIES - EAT WORMS
PLUXUS - CARAVILLE
MELT BANANA - CRACKED PLASTER CAST
PSYCHEDELIC HORSESHIT -RATHER DULL
MF DOOM - FRIENDZ
VINCENT OVER THE SINK - I FOUND THE GENIE
THE UNITES STATES OF AMERICA - COMING DOWN
VIVIAN GIRLS - TELL THE WORLD
BLANK DOGS - EPIC MOVES
MUTATORS - INSTINCT
THE MUSLIMS - EXTINCTION
MORT KRIDEL - DREAMS
PATRIC CATANI - FIGHT THE GUARDS
CHEVEU - MY ANSWER IS YES
NICE FACE - VACANT VORTEX VAGINA
HEX DISPENSERS - THE CRONE
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j2joznmmdk5

Do you ever play out? I'd like to hear you DJ-ing. I realise that it's not the most popular of niches you'd carve, but I'm sure somewhere like Kosmiche or the Foundry or that sort of arty fag-hole would lap up your 'shit'.

sarramkrop 11.02.2008 01:47 PM

Originally it was about 40 minutes or something like that, but it doesn't really matter.

sarramkrop 11.02.2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Do you ever play out? I'd like to hear you DJ-ing. I realise that it's not the most popular of niches you'd carve, but I'm sure somewhere like Kosmiche or the Foundry or that sort of arty fag-hole would lap up your 'shit'.

I submit mixes to places, but there aren't many that call themselves 'alternative' which seem daring. The sad thing is that sometimes you get people who dj and start playing shit like ambient music for people who really only want to dance, just because they want to appear cool. I dj'ed at the foundry before, and would like to do it at the george tavern 'cause it's a nice place and the crowds seem to genuinely enjoy themselves.

Glice 11.02.2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

I submit mixes to places, but there aren't many that call themselves 'alternative' which seem daring. The sad thing is that sometimes you get people who dj and start playing shit like ambient music for people who really only want to dance, just because they want to appear cool. I dj'ed at the foundry before, and would like to do it at the george tavern 'cause it's a nice place and the crowds seem to genuinely enjoy themsleves.

I've always found DJing to be difficult. DJing for indie kids... they wouldn't dance to anything. You put fucking Billie Jean or Funkadelic on, HHC or DHR, still no-one's fucking moving. And playing to dance crowds I've been told that you can't play (insert dance music type) at a (insert dance music type) show. I'd love to find a bar where I can just sit in the corner and not piss people off too much while playing some tunes. One day...

Glice 11.02.2008 02:00 PM

Glice's mix

Track listing to follow, possibly.

sarramkrop 11.02.2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

I've always found DJing to be difficult. DJing for indie kids... they wouldn't dance to anything. You put fucking Billie Jean or Funkadelic on, HHC or DHR, still no-one's fucking moving. And playing to dance crowds I've been told that you can't play (insert dance music type) at a (insert dance music type) show. I'd love to find a bar where I can just sit in the corner and not piss people off too much while playing some tunes. One day...

The thing that bugs me about a lot of places is not so much the music they play, but the fact that they play the same records all the time, which is not the point of having a DJ in a club in the first place. People do go out and would like to hear new music, but your bog standard pub would rather play it safe. Some places have great DJ's, though. Yesterday i went out and the music was so good I've danced for hours without ever feeling tired.

sarramkrop 11.02.2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Glice's mix

Track listing to follow, possibly.

thanks.

al shabbray 11.02.2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

The thing that bugs me about a lot of places is not so much the music they play, but the fact that they play the same records all the time, which is not the point of having a DJ in a club in the first place. People do go out and would like to hear new music, but your bog standard pub would rather play it safe. Some places have great DJ's, though. Yesterday i went out and the music was so good I've danced for hours without ever feeling tired.

damn I always thought the english folks were more interested in listening to new stuff then to hear everytime the same songs.
I thought that is a german club phenomenon

sarramkrop 11.02.2008 02:20 PM

it depends on where you go, obviously. there are places that play good music. i've listened to some pretty incredible grime mixes recently.

al shabbray 11.02.2008 02:28 PM

is grime/dubstep still the sound of the moment in london?

a few years back I would have killed to be on a grimeparty
in germany its like you find a new club where they are playing new tunes, but if you recently check, you will notice that they always repeating themselves in what they play. maybe I am just in the wrong clubs and/or too often

SYRFox 11.03.2008 04:32 PM

Here is Fox Mix #1

http://rapidshare.de/files/40829210/Fox_Mix__1.mp3.html

it's around 56 minutes long. Hope you'll like it

jimbrim 11.03.2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
is grime/dubstep still the sound of the moment in london?

yeah they're both still very popular sounds in england. although, when I'm out and about nowadays I hear dubstep a lot more than grime.

sarramkrop 11.04.2008 06:23 AM

glice - can you please upload your mix to mediafire or something else other than rapidshare, please? it hasn't been working for me in the past few days.

nefeli - i don't know.

Glice 11.04.2008 12:04 PM

Yup, will do.

Glice 11.04.2008 01:59 PM

Second time lucky

Innit?

sarramkrop 11.04.2008 02:48 PM

thanks

al shabbray 11.04.2008 05:18 PM

here is one by me, its 33 minutes, a lil bit short, but after audacity crashed 2 times when Ive finished over 20 minutes of mixing I am glad that I still had the patience to finish this one. hope you enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f...d402 3f37ead6