Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   new (free) Madvillain song!!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39953)

noisereductions 05.27.2010 09:44 AM

new (free) Madvillain song!!!

Adult Swim just released a new Madvillain digital single for free. I'm too lazy to link. Check the front page of stonesthrow.com

the song is short, but awesome.

TheMadcapLaughs 05.27.2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Adult Swim just released a new Madvillain digital single for free. I'm too lazy to link. Check the front page of stonesthrow.com

the song is short, but awesome.

thank you sir/mam!

shabbray2.0 05.27.2010 11:07 AM

holy shit. awesome

shabbray2.0 05.27.2010 11:09 AM

anybody listened to zombie funk yet? (madlib/guilty simpson)

shabbray2.0 05.27.2010 11:11 AM

hahaha the intro is in german.
means:
not today or tomorrow
"nicht heut oder morgen"

noisereductions 05.27.2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
anybody listened to zombie funk yet? (madlib/guilty simpson)

nah, I didnt care for ODE TO THE GHETTO ... not a big Guilty fan.

SYRFox 05.27.2010 11:48 AM

To be honest I'm not too into this track... But I'll wait to see how it fits onto the album. The beat sounds a bit too "simple" if that makes sense... I don't know.

noisereductions 05.27.2010 11:52 AM

Really? Hmm. I think it's pretty awesome.

SYRFox 05.27.2010 12:07 PM

Hmm well, by no means do I find it bad, it's a good song, but I don't know I think it lacks... something. Maybe context, which is why I'm waiting for the proper album to really judge it.

noisereductions 05.27.2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
Hmm well, by no means do I find it bad, it's a good song, but I don't know I think it lacks... something. Maybe context, which is why I'm waiting for the proper album to really judge it.

yeah that makes sense. It's not even 2 mins...

TheFoxBen 05.27.2010 12:48 PM

It's a bit short, true, but I like it, I'm looking forward to the album, I hope it will live up to its predecessor.

shabbray2.0 05.27.2010 01:41 PM

first opinion afte rbeing out ot by a shirt:

least favourite madvillain tune to date.
that doesnt mean its bad, but somehow I got the feeling that the music doesnt gel that well with dooms voice, or the other way round.
a lil bit humble in a way. but maybe I just have to get used to it

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
nah, I didnt care for ODE TO THE GHETTO ... not a big Guilty fan.

me too. but I care for whatever madlib releases, even if it sucks from time to time

SYRFox 05.27.2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

that doesnt mean its bad, but somehow I got the feeling that the music doesnt gel that well with dooms voice, or the other way round.

i couldn't have said it better

noisereductions 05.27.2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

me too. but I care for whatever madlib releases, even if it sucks from time to time

1. least favorite Madvillain song to date? Did you hear Madvillain 2? This song is better than a lot of the tracks on there.

2. true Madlib is excellent. But I often do (admittedly) avoid is albums with rappers I'm not into. I spend A LOT more time listening to Lib's jazz albums anyway. Did you get the two he released this year so far?

shabbray2.0 05.27.2010 02:13 PM

^^^yeah madvillainy 2 is horrible. but that doesnt count, its a "leftover collection" I think.

and I agree, the instrumentals are most of the time ace, especially his jazz tunes. and I havent listened to the ones from this year, but I def will do so! looking forward to it actually.

I really like the new one, or to say it better I like the instrumental. something isnt clicking with doom and/or his voice.
but maybe I have to get used to it. back in the days I needed some runs for madvillainy too, to appreciate it fully

noisereductions 05.27.2010 02:32 PM

Madvillainy 2 was just Madlib's remixes of the album. It wasn't leftovers, it was new stuff (mainly) but it just wasnt' as focused. Or good.

The Last Electro-Acoustic Space Jazz & Percussion Ensemble's album MILES AWAY is awesome. Wicked chilled out and well... spacey.

Young Jazz Rebels' SLAVE RIOT is free jazz and crazy.

shabbray2.0 05.27.2010 03:16 PM

sounds really good!!!
will give it a try, like now!

yeah I screwed that about madvillainy 2. it was just not good.