Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Are there MCs / rappers on this board? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=43196)

nicfit 11.29.2010 08:33 AM

Are there MCs / rappers on this board?

uh?

_slavo_ 11.29.2010 10:27 AM

sonicl, but he doesn't post anymore.

atsonicpark 11.29.2010 10:31 AM

I think Dr. Eugene has been known to rap.

nicfit 11.29.2010 10:32 AM

to slavo:
bummer
U B trollin'!

to adamitic costume:
FO REALZ?

_slavo_ 11.29.2010 10:38 AM

Rob Instigator got the rhymez, he's the one to ask.

TheMadcapLaughs 11.29.2010 11:07 AM

i like to rhyme on occasion, why you got some beats?

Silent Dan Speaks 11.29.2010 12:31 PM

I'm in a novelty rap group, does that count?

nicfit 11.29.2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
i like to rhyme on occasion, why you got some beats?

Not yet, but I'm venturing in the field...so, we'll see...
I was mainly curious because there are a bunch of people who express interest in rap music et similia, but I couldn't remember anyone sayin' they do actually rap/rhyme etc.
AND a couple guys on here make nice tracks which (imo) could use some vocals, but that's not up to me to decide, ehehe...

keep poppin pimples 11.29.2010 02:33 PM

i rapped seriously as a teenager, i was involved in a huge battle and won in the first round to an adoring and massive audience, however i was booed off in the next round. probably the best and worst things that happened to me in highschool

EVOLghost 11.29.2010 04:29 PM

you jsut made that up didn' tyou.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.30.2010 02:24 AM

I had a little rap project back in the day, and actually got signed to some tiny indie label in Washington. The same one that MEATL1P is on actually! Never dropped an actual release though - bummer. Ive actually been trying to get something new started, but I can't find any proper beats, and making a banger is damn difficult. I want some hard-ass, 90's sounding shit. My friend and I were just fucking around in FL tonight, actually.

kinn 11.30.2010 02:35 AM

i dont really like rap

nicfit 11.30.2010 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I had a little rap project back in the day, and actually got signed to some tiny indie label in Washington. The same one that MEATL1P is on actually! Never dropped an actual release though - bummer. Ive actually been trying to get something new started, but I can't find any proper beats, and making a banger is damn difficult. I want some hard-ass, 90's sounding shit. My friend and I were just fucking around in FL tonight, actually.

uh, nice!
define "90's sounding shit", please.
Something like deltron 3030, Cannibal Ox, or the more modern sounding Kanyesque stylez or kill the vultures or whaaaaat?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.30.2010 05:16 AM

I want to make some edgy, gangsta shit, like Geto Boys, Esham, Natas, Ice-T, Dre, Snoop, Brotha Lynch Hung, Onyx, etc. But at the same time I wouldn't mind making some fun old-school party jams; Rob Base, or Kriss Kross style.

Either way, I'm aiming for more samples, and less crying robots. I just miss the way hip-hop used to be.

With my old stuff, I was going for sort of a noisier sound, with fuzzy vocals and distorted beats, but I think I might be over that now.

TheMadcapLaughs 11.30.2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
I was mainly curious because there are a bunch of people who express interest in rap music et similia, but I couldn't remember anyone sayin' they do actually rap/rhyme etc.
AND a couple guys on here make nice tracks which (imo) could use some vocals, but that's not up to me to decide, ehehe...

a few years ago in college some friends and had a joke(as in we were white guys rapping for fun) and we entered a talent show and we won! sure there was only 2 other people in it. but that guy with the yo-yo was amazing! in reality he should have won but we brought the fun.

if anybody does have beats, send em my way, iŽd love to throw some rhymes down.

SpaceCadetHayden 11.30.2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit

Me and BetterThanDeux have been working on rap lyrics for a good year now. We're both pretty big procrastinators but since I've been sober, I've been working on it a lot more. She's got tons more than me, though.

So, yeah, I rap. Mostly about how much better my shoe collection is than yours and how hard I rule at anything Zelda related.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.30.2010 04:41 PM

w3rd

SpaceCadetHayden 11.30.2010 04:42 PM

I like to call it 'hipster-hop'

lucyrulesok 12.01.2010 04:34 AM

i once wrote a rap and my brother got so excited he punched me in the face. true story.

TheMadcapLaughs 12.17.2010 01:32 PM

my friend likes to make beats and he gave me one called "the rain outside" i got my girlfriend to sing the hook on it. its about getting fucked up if its raining outside. didn't know where to post so i put it on my bands facebook account peep it, its called the rain outside

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mama-L...5398457?ref=ts