Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Heard some songs from Rather Ripped (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2493)

Daycare Nation 06.01.2006 10:08 PM

Heard some songs from Rather Ripped

A local record store clerk played me some songs from the forthcoming album--I probably won't be seeking out the rest until release day.

I am really excited, and impressed with what I heard so far. I don't understand all the negative comments at all.

The opening track is excellent! I can't wait to hear it again.

Neongod 06.01.2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
A local record store clerk played me some songs from the forthcoming album--I probably won't be seeking out the rest until release day.

I am really excited, and impressed with what I heard so far. I don't understand all the negative comments at all.

The opening track is excellent! I can't wait to hear it again.

Wait until you hear Pink Steam (track 11) *drool*

umjammer atomsk 06.01.2006 10:47 PM

Yes, pink steam is some damn good stuff.

HaydenAsche 06.01.2006 10:47 PM

I don't like it. I gave it a shot.

I won't be buying it.

Daycare Nation 06.01.2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I don't like it. I gave it a shot.

I won't be buying it.

Well, that doesn't surprise me. I think we both differ on what is good about Sonic Youth...but we both love a lot of the same other music, though, which is good--so I am not going to criticize you for your opinion..my advice is to keep your ears open.

finding nobody 06.02.2006 12:46 AM

i downloaded it, listened to it once just to tease myself. but i'll be buying it the day it comes out

IntoTheGroovey 06.02.2006 03:13 AM

should have just stolen it like everyone else and youd be able to hear the whole thing.

Neongod 06.02.2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
i downloaded it, listened to it once just to tease myself. but i'll be buying it the day it comes out

Yeah, I tried that whole listen to it once thing....didn't work out. I still want to buy it though. Especially if it's $10 at best buy the first week like 10000 Days was. I think that's a reasonable price for a CD. Fuck that $18.99 shit though.

kingcoffee 06.02.2006 03:00 PM

It's a good album, but only so-so good. Not great. I was hard on the album in the past, but only because I was expecting it to be better than Sonic Nurse, which it isn't. Not really. The album still has some good moments. I'm listening to it right now, but as I listen, I keep hearing these missed opportunities to add just a little something here and there. And that could make all the difference. It's not a bad album. It's just that I think if the band had really taken more time or concentrated on it a bit more, it could have been much better.

Neongod 06.02.2006 04:29 PM

I dunno kingcoffee, I kinda like the care-free sound of this album. It doesn't have a bit of that "trying too hard to recapture the old SY" sound. Let's just agree to disagree.