Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Surprised yourself lately? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6053)

Cantankerous 09.13.2006 04:23 PM

lately i've been listening to the whitey album a lot. burnin' up is great.

porkmarras 09.13.2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I love Pet Shop Boys vinyl singles.

just fantastic.

I like more music than you do
nyah nyah nyah

You need to get laid.Badly.

Rob Instigator 09.13.2006 04:57 PM

I fully agree

but my girl is seein red.

porkmarras 09.13.2006 04:58 PM

My girl.

dazedcola 09.13.2006 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
dazedcola. Muddy waters is fantastic! I love all his mucis. My favorite vinyl of his is KING BEE,
if you can , go get the ANTHOLOGY. 2 CD's of fabulous Muddy water's blues

I've got two best of one spanning from 47-54 and another spanning 55-64.Ive heard that champagne and reefer song and like it a lot.Im trying to track down this good boot of muddy and the stones doing a gig together in 81.Its supposed to be his last recording ever before he died.

Also if you havent heard of electric mud i got to turn you onto that. Its a psychedelic record he did and its fuckin amazing. It reminds me a lot of hendrix with crazy screaming distortion on the guitar, mindblowing solos and wah wah on it. Im writing an article on the controversy about it now.Its a solid record and if you like hendrix youll like this.

Everyneurotic 09.13.2006 07:36 PM

if someone told me five years ago that i would be hunting for sonic youth side projects' 7", i'd probably beat them up for making fun of me.

schizophrenicroom 09.13.2006 08:08 PM

free jazz.

every-e- haha, i know. i've been ebay hunting, trying to find as many singles and 7''s as i can that are cheap in the ebay stores. i need money.

Everyneurotic 09.14.2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
free jazz.

every-e- haha, i know. i've been ebay hunting, trying to find as many singles and 7''s as i can that are cheap in the ebay stores. i need money.

are you kidding? i am going broke!!!! in fact i'm going to get a job just to be able to afford all the crap i've seen on ebay; you said it, it's cheaper but when you buy 50 cheap things then it's not such a cheap thing anymore...

have you gotten lucky so far? what have you won?

Glice 09.14.2006 08:41 AM

I've surprised myself with lots of lounge music, which I used to consider the anathema to all that is good and just in this world.

I'm always surprised when a local band isn't shit, which doesn't happen so much these days.

DemonBox 09.14.2006 09:51 AM

yeah, I've suprised myself lately. I have a growing love for Norwegian folk and folk-pop, esspecially stuff from the 70s. The more political, and humouristic Vømmøl Spellmannslag.

And the more poetic duo, Tobben & Ero, whom often put music to poems by such greats as: Knut Hamsun, Arnulf Øverland and A. O. Vinje

Fantastic music.

_slavo_ 09.14.2006 10:21 AM

regarding music, nothing really surprised me in the recent time period

well, maybe,....Load records a bit (bands like Coughs, Noxagt, Pink&Brown), but nothing else really. Since post-rock went to hell, there hasn't been much interesting going on.

you will definitely disagree with me on this one, but new weird america is not any interesting either.

gmku 09.14.2006 10:38 AM

Cows.

Wow. Where has this band been all my life! Sexy Pee Story is the kind of album that makes you wanna say stuff like "Fuckin' A!"

TheDom 09.14.2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Cows.

Wow. Where has this band been all my life! Sexy Pee Story is the kind of album that makes you wanna say stuff like "Fuckin' A!"

haha glad you like it

wait until you hear Whorn

the first Velvet Underground album is the album that has surprised me lately. I used to claim it was overrated but I am now beginning to see it's beauty.