Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Its official. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24768)

viewtiful_alan 08.25.2008 03:39 PM

Its official.
 
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...ith-new-label/

The title "the eternal" isn't mentioned at all.
It sounds like we can expect a more experimental album this time around.

Pookie 08.25.2008 03:44 PM

I don't believe anything unless Moshe says it.

al shabbray 08.25.2008 03:52 PM

yeah moshe confirm this please. please more experimetnation next time. thanks

viewtiful_alan 08.25.2008 03:54 PM

My link doesn't need the moshe seal of approval!!

diskaholic-anonymous 08.25.2008 03:55 PM

“The last four or five records we did were just so compromised by that [major label] situation. But that’s the way it goes.”...it sounds like a relief, and i think it's time to change to, cause the musical direction in the last four albuns sounds more pop than experimental. i prefer the experimental side of S.Y

al shabbray 08.25.2008 03:55 PM

“The last four or five records we did were just so compromised by that [major label] situation. But that’s the way it goes.”

somehow I cant believe he really said that.

jennthebenn 08.25.2008 03:57 PM

I wish they would call it "The Eternal Struggle", like Homer Simpson's
attempts to put on pants.

SonicBebs 08.25.2008 04:12 PM

the last 4 or 5 records as in the re-issues and Destroyed room and stuff? Or RR, Nurse, Murray, NYCGAF and 1000Leaves?
cause the last 5 proper records have all been pretty fucking good

anyway good stuff. Just hope they release it on CD

al shabbray 08.25.2008 04:15 PM

and thats what I ment?
I dont think that they compromise with anything in the last 5 releases they just felt that way they were doing. rolling stone liars

Sonic Youth 37 08.25.2008 04:17 PM

Cool.

al shabbray 08.25.2008 04:20 PM

thanks

viewtiful_alan 08.25.2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
and thats what I ment?
I dont think that they compromise with anything in the last 5 releases they just felt that way they were doing. rolling stone liars

they didn't become a major 'music' publication by lying all the time...
I doubt they would do something as risky and stupid as forging quotes.
There's sure to be an expanded version of this item in the next issue (my dad subscribes) when that comes I'll report back, but I can't see why ya'll would say this isn't true...

Sonic Youth 37 08.25.2008 04:27 PM

Okay?

Sub-Pop?
4AD?
Touch and Go?
Matador?
Fat Possum Records?

Any ideas?

diskaholic-anonymous 08.25.2008 04:28 PM

independently of the rolling article, i just hope a good album of S.Y like the others, for me it's not relevant if they record to Geffen or another label...i just need good music.

SYRFox 08.25.2008 04:29 PM

I think he actually said pretty much the same in that norwegian interview a few weeks ago...

SYRFox 08.25.2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Okay?

Sub-Pop?
4AD?
Touch and Go?
Matador?
Fat Possum Records?

Any ideas?

Domino?

Sonic Youth 37 08.25.2008 04:31 PM

I'm going to say either Sub-Pop (they've released stuff before with them, so why the secrecy?), Matador, or Touch & Go.

diskaholic-anonymous 08.25.2008 04:33 PM

...and i think rolling stone wasn't lie at all about this???!!!...

viewtiful_alan 08.25.2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diskaholic-anonymous
independently of the rolling article, i just hope a good album of S.Y like the others, for me it's not relevant if they record to Geffen or another label...i just need good music.

Exactly. I mean I dont want syr type stuff, that's for the syr's.
Another Washing Machine sort of album would be great.

al shabbray 08.25.2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
they didn't become a major 'music' publication by lying all the time...
I doubt they would do something as risky and stupid as forging quotes.
There's sure to be an expanded version of this item in the next issue (my dad subscribes) when that comes I'll report back, but I can't see why ya'll would say this isn't true...


the thing about RR as liars wasnt really serious. I just dont think they werent not satisfied with any of their records while producing it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth