Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Legal Highs (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33897)

stu666 08.25.2009 10:26 AM

Legal Highs

So the UK is going to outlaw GBL, BZP, and Spice in a crackdown on legal highs, do you agree with this?

GBL and BZP will become class c drugs and Spice class b. Will Salvia still be legal?

what are yr thoughts on this.

TheFoxBen 08.25.2009 10:29 AM

Don't care.

Rob Instigator 08.25.2009 10:29 AM

pleas explain what GBL, BZP and Spice are?

stu666 08.25.2009 10:31 AM

GBL, which is used by clubbers as a substitute for banned drug GHB, known as "liquid ecstasy".

BZP (Benzylpiperazine) and related piperazines, which are stimulants taken as an alternative to amphetamine.

Spice, which will be placed in Class B alongside cannabis, is made using synthetic chemicals and herbs.

atsonicpark 08.25.2009 10:33 AM

hm...

0h well.. as long as real drugs are still legal!

Er..

!@#$%! 08.25.2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
hm...

0h well.. as long as real drugs are still legal!

Er..

YES.

and speaking of legal highs, eating pussy is still legal in most places-- except i think kansas and oklahoma

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.25.2009 11:07 AM

!@#$%! 08.25.2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue

that monkey knows what's good!

Zombie Robot 08.25.2009 11:21 AM

no one believes abusing drugs is a noble or worthwhile way to spend one’s life. but criminalizing a voluntary act is neither the prudent nor the just response. like alcohol prohibition 80 years ago, drug prohibition today causes far more problems than it solves.

floatingslowly 08.25.2009 11:29 AM

the spice must flow.

stu666 08.25.2009 11:29 AM

yep, i think every drug should be legal. the goverment could get there cut from the tax, you wouldn't be supporting bad criminals and we the consumer could have a better and cleaner choice. there's so much dodgy weed going around that has been sprayed or had shit added to it for weight. you don't know what ur smoking anymore. years ago it used to be if you got weed it was good but now it's gone the way of hash (dirtbar).

legalise it.

SONIC GAIL 08.25.2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
it has been a couple of years since all drugs were decriminalized here, consumption has stabilized and people no longer fear to seek for treatment.
deaths due to drug usage have dropped significantly as well as other related pathologies like hiv.

Fear and ability to afford treatment is a major problem in the US. Your background is forever scarred if you go into rehab. And how do you afford to take the time off of work to even go? It takes alot longer than most think to truly detox.

gmku 08.25.2009 11:57 AM

Eliminate happiness as well, although not the pursuit. Just make sure it's illegal to actually obtain it.

gualbert 08.25.2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
yep, i think every drug should be legal.

So bad you can't vote for it!

radarmaker 08.25.2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

what are yr thoughts on this.

Well, given the runaway success in eliminating all use of non-legal drugs, I guess they've got to focus on the crap knock-offs now...

oh, wait.

static-harmony 08.25.2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

GBL, which is used by clubbers as a substitute for banned drug GHB, known as "liquid ecstasy".

BZP (Benzylpiperazine) and related piperazines, which are stimulants taken as an alternative to amphetamine.

Spice, which will be placed in Class B alongside cannabis, is made using synthetic chemicals and herbs.

How many people have died from these drugs? What are their effects on people? If using it is worst than the high I have to agree with them.

dirty bunny 08.25.2009 01:23 PM

I was going to write something longer, but I don't want to get into a debate about it. I think they should legalize drugs, though.

wellcharge 08.25.2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

the goverment could get there cut from the tax, you wouldn't be supporting bad criminals

not sure i follow...

stu666 08.25.2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gualbert
So bad you can't vote for it!

yeah i should've had that as another option

stu666 08.25.2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge
not sure i follow...

which part bad criminals or taxation? i wouldn't mind paying a little bit more if i knew it was going to be pure, the government could make some money too and stop busting people for growing a couple of plants that way everone's happy, no? when buying drugs illegally you could and probably are supporting worse crimes. what's not to get.