Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Listening to SY while high is a religious experience. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=314)

i am the arm 03.26.2006 09:18 PM

Listening to SY while high is a religious experience.

i fuckin shit my pants when i heard silver rocket while i was blazed the other day. last year in college me and some people got really baked, turned off all the lights in the basement and just let nurse wash over us. it was awesome. any similar experiences?

HaydenAsche 03.26.2006 09:21 PM

I don't think I ever listened to SY while baked and I was baked like 95% of the time from when I was 13 to 15. I remember hearing DDN while I was on Shrooms though. Not that trippy as I was paying more attention to the wall.

schizophrenicroom 03.26.2006 09:22 PM

i've never done any kind of drug.

HaydenAsche 03.26.2006 09:22 PM

You're lucky. Drugs are fucking lame. I wish I'd never have done them.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 03.26.2006 09:30 PM

drugs are gay

hey alex 03.26.2006 10:41 PM

i did shrooms yesterday and playe dmurray street on the come up.. I was awesome, the sun started acutally coming out during rain on itn. I was happy, even though it was mostly kinda just alright.

Lethrneck4 03.26.2006 10:46 PM

AMEN.....SY while stoned are incredible....especially the first few times you listen baked

ice bat 03.26.2006 10:51 PM

"New Hampshire" + bong hit + nice weather + cup of tea + cig = PERFECTION, ECSTASY, JOY

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 03.26.2006 10:52 PM

Try listening to Masona after using an 8ball (eightball, heroin crack mix)

HaydenAsche 03.26.2006 10:53 PM

WTF? An eightball of coke you mean?

ice bat 03.26.2006 11:01 PM

Ew. No thanks.

marleypumpkin 03.26.2006 11:07 PM

I listen to SY about 40% of the time, while blazing. The other 60% is when i'm getting inspiration to go record somethiing.

whorefrost 03.27.2006 04:44 AM

i get baked very very rarely so when I do it has a pretty strong effect as i have a low tolerance...
to this end, i have had two religious experiences... the first was the first time i got majorly stoned, like i had no idea weed could have such a strong effect... i was in a total dream world, could barely communicate with anyone, had no idea what was going on... eveyrthing was in slow motion loaded with strange significance... so i retreated to my room and whapped my headphones out and listened to Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star. Holy shit. It sounded so different and exotic and perfect and I was so euphoric and the music was like machinery of bliss.
Actually that was the only time i think... another time i listened to washing machine on headphones and had a similar experience but not so strong... i might not even have been stoned that time...
and listening to daydream nation for the 1st time sans drugs was still a mind blowing experience....

guitarpro 03.27.2006 08:01 AM

amen brother

Sn@ke 03.27.2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am the arm
turned off all the lights in the basement and just let nurse wash over us.

Woow, that must be awesome..., I'd like to do something like that but i don't have a basement hehe...

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i've never done any kind of drug.

yep...me either.

finding nobody 03.27.2006 03:59 PM

im not big on drugs. i wont go out of my way to get any kind of drug. but if it's in front of my face, and i cant come up with a good reason not to. why not.

Rob Instigator 03.27.2006 04:19 PM

I used to love LSD

I do not drink

I smoke marihuana

that's my drug.

if you drink coffee or if you drink cokes, you are using DRUGS!!!! you are USING AND ABUSING CAFFEINE!!!!

greenlight 03.28.2006 04:42 PM

i was soo stoned back in the school days (alone on sunday night in, waiting for my roomates to come), i had to go puke, then
so clean and so high while listening to the washing machine
one of the best listening experiencer ever. love WM. till then i knew only goo and dirty, but knew WM is great great album and i need to listen to the other material as well. since then i started listen to the WM like nonstop and my roomates were like....please let's play goo, let's play goo and i was like..c'mon washing machine, hehe.

i quit blazing....happy days.

sonikold 03.28.2006 05:50 PM

BMR used to fuck my shit late at night with big headphones on. sister sent me into bliss. oh, the good old days...

krastian 03.28.2006 06:32 PM

I don't really smoke by myself anymore so I rarely listen to them baked......I usually end up having to listen to metal/hardcore or Dub at a friends place (fine by me).