Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What gigs are you going to in the coming months? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6735)

whorefrost 02.28.2008 06:43 AM

Black Dice at Cargo. Any other boardies going to be in attendance?

whorefrost 02.28.2008 06:43 AM

Oh, and Skullflower in Glasgow!

drrrtyboots 02.28.2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
Black Dice at Cargo. Any other boardies going to be in attendance?

Get ready to have your LOAD BLOWN, they're live set is awesome right now.

jimbrim 02.28.2008 10:55 AM

skream and benga tommorow night, the fall in a couple of weeks, and low in april.

PAULYBEE2656 02.28.2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow
Where are Battles & Liars playing, Paulybee?


u:mack promotions present

battles
liars
the redneck manifesto

vicar st dublin
15th may

tickets in road records, georges st sth, dublin 2
no internet tickets yet, they are working on it and should be available next week.

Georgekrz 02.28.2008 11:15 AM

Slits are at Mercury Lounge.

batreleaser 02.28.2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
ok, i'll do a recap of what i'm seeing soon, hopefully:

march 1: black dahlia murder
(seen them already but were great fun so i'll see if i have the dough to go).

march 13: ghostface, doc oc and muggs.

march 14: dat politics.
(don't even know them but a friend is opening so why not?).

march 17: justice yeldham and a bunch of noisers in guadalajara.

march 19: justice yeldham and a bunch of noisers in toluca.

march 20: justice yeldham and a bunch of noisers here.

april 12: coca cola zero festival with smashing pumpkins, the mars travolta, my morning jacket, bright eyes, my chemical romance and zillions of other bands. a friend wants to go and it wouldn't harm to listen to sp's old songs played by that cover band, plus my morning jacket!!! plus, i would be lying if i said i wouldn't want to see some mcr songs live.

april 13: CRYPTOPSY!!!!! (no venue confirmed yet, so perhaps it won't happen).

april 18: wolf eyes and drumcorps.

april 19: melt-banana and jamie saft with mike pride.

april 23: either cat power (still unconfirmed) or a performance of stockhausen's kontakte.

april 24: aeo (yamatsuka eye and taeji sawai) and optron.

april 25: elliot sharp, ikue mori and zeena parkins performing screen play by christian marclay.

april 26: anthony braxton: diamond curtain wall trio

may 2: maniqui lazer.

may 3: winters in osaka with I/C/O/C and amniosis.

may 27: ennio morricone (still not sure but would love to go).




ennio morricone apparently brought a venue full of people to tears on one of his italy dates, id love to see him. i saw cryptopsy live once and it was the best metal show i ever saw, no lie. anthony braxton will be amazing too. but yeah ive seen converge play hundreds of times, a family friend's daughter is engaged to jake so ive gotten to meet him a whole buncha times which was cool, and they NEVER put on a show anything less than great.

Everyneurotic 02.28.2008 02:47 PM

i hope i can make it to all those shows, i really do.

A Thousand Threads 03.26.2008 10:50 AM

next thing will be interstellar records party

Line-up:
Analena (Zagreb)
BraazTumidoBigBand (Linz, O-Heim)
Bob Corn (San Martino Spino)
Roeder (Chemnitz)
Dj Loveboat (KAPU)

then

Nebauten
Melt Banana

_slavo_ 03.26.2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
then

Nebauten


will be there too!

and then in May I will probably see Shellac in Prague

A Thousand Threads 03.26.2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
will be there too!

and then in May I will probably see Shellac in Prague


Unfortunately i don't have ticket for neubauten in vienna, i only have one for Graz.
haha, i guess we'll never manage to meet again :-)

Shellac plays here in upper-austria, too
but i think i won't have time that day
BUMMER

HECKLER SPRAY 03.26.2008 02:41 PM

I'm gonna see SEBADOH at the Trabendo(Paris), on april 28th !!!!:)
Holy shit !!!
And my girlfriend gave me a pass for the Rock en Seine Festival on august, to see Dino Jr, Jesus and Mary Chain...

Florya 03.27.2008 07:55 AM

Holy Fuck (Brighton)
Nick Cave (London)
Einstuerzende Neubauten (London)
My Bloody Valentine (London)

HaydenAsche 03.27.2008 09:07 AM

Atmosphere
Tech N9ne

_slavo_ 03.27.2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
Unfortunately i don't have ticket for neubauten in vienna, i only have one for Graz.
haha, i guess we'll never manage to meet again :-)

Shellac plays here in upper-austria, too
but i think i won't have time that day
BUMMER


damnit, christoph, don't do this to me!!

Phlegmscope 03.27.2008 11:38 AM

Possibly Anal Cunt
Boris on the 2nd of may.

_slavo_ 03.27.2008 11:56 AM

I just bought my ticket for Donaufestival - 30/4, Krems, Austria

16:00 Reactor
18:00 Rainer Prohaska
19:00 toxic dreams
19:00 Die Goldenen Zitronen & Irm Hermann
19:00 Radiohole
22:00 Mankind
23:00 Kenneth Anger
23:00 Kenneth Anger
24:00 Fuckhead feat. Ron Athey
01:00 Liars

+ special guest - Cat Power

nicfit 03.27.2008 12:06 PM

I missed so many gigs lately I'd better just shut up and never disclose my plans....

king_buzzo 03.27.2008 01:48 PM

Should I pay 40 euros to go see Beck?

worth it?

HaydenAsche 03.27.2008 01:48 PM

No. Beck is a bore now.

pokkeherrie 03.27.2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
Should I pay 40 euros to go see Beck?

worth it?


You sould probably save it up for Dinosaur Jr.

king_buzzo 03.27.2008 02:05 PM

Nah, I've got Neil Young on the same date and besides I already saw Dino.

I thought it'd be interesting to go see beck.

pokkeherrie 03.27.2008 02:09 PM

....


:eek:
I'm speechless... anyway, have fun.

king_buzzo 03.27.2008 02:18 PM

...I hate this.

I've gone out of Dino Jr fanboyism last summer; you should visit this site more often.

pokkeherrie 03.27.2008 02:26 PM

OK.

This Is Not Here 03.27.2008 02:32 PM

In the next few monthes -

Be Your Own Pet - (if there is'nt strike action on the railways!)

Portishead

Merzbow

Laurie Anderson

Dinosaur Jr

Public Enemy

My Bloody Valentine (twice!)

Lou Reed

king_buzzo 03.27.2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
My Bloody Valentine (twice!)



prick :p

This Is Not Here 03.27.2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
prick :p



Make that three times with the festival too! :p

drrrtyboots 03.27.2008 02:59 PM

Culture Shock 2008 (Deerhoof, Islands, Gang Gang Dance, High Places, Atlas Sound, Fucked Up, Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Ecstatic Sunshine, Cursive + more tba)

marleypumpkin 03.27.2008 09:10 PM

Sonic Youth

Radiohead

& I'm really wanting to see Explosions In The Sky in Atlanta this April.

Cantankerous 03.27.2008 09:14 PM

mbv
coachellalalalalala

Sonic Youth 37 03.27.2008 11:34 PM

Sonic Youth
Presidents of the United States of America (free, which is always nice)

Oh, and just a quick note, any that is seeing MBV in the upcoming months, I envy you to the fullest degree. It's so far beyond envy, that I'm going to have to create a word and add it to urbandictionary.com.

Everyneurotic 03.28.2008 12:24 AM

UPDATED, recap of what i'm seeing soon, hopefully:

march 29: christian death playing only theater of pain.

april 10: vince neil.

april 13: CRYPTOPSY!!!!!

april 12: coca cola zero festival with smashing pumpkins, the mars travolta, my morning jacket, bright eyes, my chemical romance and zillions of other bands. a friend wants to go and it wouldn't harm to listen to sp's old songs played by that cover band, plus my morning jacket!!! plus, i would be lying if i said i wouldn't want to see some mcr songs live.

april 18: wolf eyes and drumcorps.

april 19: melt-banana and jamie saft with mike pride.

april 23: either cat power (500 pesos, too much for me but i'll keep the option open) or a performance of stockhausen's kontakte.

april 24: aeo (yamatsuka eye and taeji sawai) and optron.

april 25: elliot sharp, ikue mori and zeena parkins performing screen play by christian marclay.

april 26: anthony braxton: diamond curtain wall trio

may 2: maniqui lazer.

may 3: winters in osaka with I/C/O/C and amniosis.

may 11: behemoth (not sure yet)

may 18: mindless self indulgence (why the fuck not? hahaha)

may 24: comeback kid & darkest hour (to see darkest hour)

may 27: ennio morricone (still not sure but would love to go).

oct 12: extreme noise terror (yay!!).

marleypumpkin 03.28.2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
UPDATED, recap of what i'm seeing soon, hopefully:

march 29: christian death playing only theater of pain.

april 10: vince neil.

april 13: CRYPTOPSY!!!!!

april 12: coca cola zero festival with smashing pumpkins, the mars travolta, my morning jacket, bright eyes, my chemical romance and zillions of other bands. a friend wants to go and it wouldn't harm to listen to sp's old songs played by that cover band, plus my morning jacket!!! plus, i would be lying if i said i wouldn't want to see some mcr songs live.

april 18: wolf eyes and drumcorps.

april 19: melt-banana and jamie saft with mike pride.

april 23: either cat power (500 pesos, too much for me but i'll keep the option open) or a performance of stockhausen's kontakte.

april 24: aeo (yamatsuka eye and taeji sawai) and optron.

april 25: elliot sharp, ikue mori and zeena parkins performing screen play by christian marclay.

april 26: anthony braxton: diamond curtain wall trio

may 2: maniqui lazer.

may 3: winters in osaka with I/C/O/C and amniosis.

may 11: behemoth (not sure yet)

may 18: mindless self indulgence (why the fuck not? hahaha)

may 24: comeback kid & darkest hour (to see darkest hour)

may 27: ennio morricone (still not sure but would love to go).

oct 12: extreme noise terror (yay!!).


ENNIO MORRICONE!!! I hear ya', I would love to see him conduct live. Where is he performing? BTW, nice list of shows.

Everyneurotic 03.28.2008 12:35 AM

he's playing mexico city's national auditorium.

yes, i'm really stocked on going, i'm going to the cheapest, farthest, stevie wonder seats but i'm sure as hell going.

_slavo_ 03.28.2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
ENNIO MORRICONE!!! I hear ya', I would love to see him conduct live. Where is he performing? BTW, nice list of shows.


Nice to see you around again, marleypumpkin. You've been gone for quite a while.

sarramkrop 03.28.2008 05:05 AM

Current 93 tickets came through the post yesterday.

marleypumpkin 03.28.2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Nice to see you around again, marleypumpkin. You've been gone for quite a while.


I don't know why I've been gone for so long. I've had the capability to visit, I just got caught up in other areas of the web. It's like a trap sometimes, but I'm thankful we still have the right to, so called, "freely" browse the internet.
Anyway, other than that, I've just been doing the usual, collecting & listening to music (mostly vinyl), & trying to create as well.

BTW, thanks for the welcome back slavo.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.28.2008 11:58 AM

Don Carlos April 2 and april 6
Subhumans April 15
Half Pint April 16
Michael Prophet April 23
Steel Pulse June 3
Israel Vibrations July 2

uhler 03.28.2008 12:01 PM

mudhoney june 12th is the only one planned. maybe after my move i will find other shows.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth